• Watchers 18

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I bought a 15' ecoboost 50yr edition. Only 600 or so came into japan and i was one of the first to put my order down. Threw a rod at 10k miles with a 91 tune. So now ive got the gt with bolt ons. 25k miles in.

Pretty sure ecoboom is when an ecoboost engine goes boom.
did you get to determine the cause?

PM me you address and i will send you a sixpack
Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
did you get to determine the cause?

PM me you address and i will send you a sixpack
LOL, well thanks. Well, the cause must have been lsp. But after Ford abandoned us here, no one capable of tearing
down an ecoboost engine seems to exist here, so i have no idea why. I was not dataloggin either so no logs.

So i sold the car to a import shop who swapped a new ecoboost motor he ordered from the states into the car.

By no means am i saying its a bad motor, i just think alot of people dont find it really worth it to mod the car with the bar for failure risk so low.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
This, I'm fairly new to the EB (coming from the Cyclone world). Looking at older posts and how-to's, I notice there were at least 1 or 2 generations of posters before me. It appears some of the past popular posters upgraded to 5.0s or just no longer active (moved to social media platforms, no longer interested in cars, traded cars etc.). I basically just took the basic formula that works without needing a tune (IC upgrade, charge pipes, exhaust etc.) and ran with it. Quite honestly with the 10 speed and an IC that won't crap out on me, this is one of the first cars I'm happy with out the box without needing a tune or risking the warranty. With the Borla S-type axle backs and y-pipe it sounds so exotic. I also have other projects like my 96 Shortbox Dakota with a 5.9 Magnum swap and manual trans I'm actively working on and I am looking to get a MN12 Cougar and Coyote swap it. With things like this going on, I don't see a compelling reason to risk my daily driver when I can have purpose built go-fast cars/trucks without ruining a warranty.

That's just the internet in general, social media like Facebook, IG, Snapchat, etc. has killed the car community (including many other online communities, even local communities) by creating a perpetual high school pack mentality of online cliques, misinformation, self-absorption, toxic behavior and things that just takes the life out of something worthwhile. Really, I think the remainder of people who still have these cars are just out enjoying them and rather not be on the internet unless something new or groundbreaking comes up.
I will respectfully disagree. Most of the other groups I'm in for other types of vehicles are not what a majority of this community is. The ONLY page/forum etc that I would recommend is one facebook called LET'S BREAK SOME ECOBOOSTS. Tightly ran, intelligent folks in there that have actually accomplished things with the platform. And a few that are continuing to push the boundaries of EB stangs.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I will respectfully disagree. Most of the other groups I'm in for other types of vehicles are not what a majority of this community is. The ONLY page/forum etc that I would recommend is one facebook called LET'S BREAK SOME ECOBOOSTS. Tightly ran, intelligent folks in there that have actually accomplished things with the platform. And a few that are continuing to push the boundaries of EB stangs.
No argument from me here, good to see some community (regardless of communication medium) pushing this platform to the limit.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
The ONLY page/forum etc that I would recommend is one facebook called LET'S BREAK SOME ECOBOOSTS. Tightly ran, intelligent folks in there that have actually accomplished things with the platform. And a few that are continuing to push the boundaries of EB stangs.
Yeah, don't waste your time, folks... apparently you have to have blown an engine to be granted membership, and I'm sorry, that's just plain stupid. I suppose you could also lie, but then you're the stupid one.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Im up near Auburn. We have a good group on FB called Let's Break Some Ecoboosts, we do a lot of talking on there, if your looking to ask questions go on there, lots of good tech.
Don't give away our secrets! Lol

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Yeah, don't waste your time, folks... apparently you have to have blown an engine to be granted membership, and I'm sorry, that's just plain stupid. I suppose you could also lie, but then you're the stupid one.
I haven't blown an engine and was honest about it and still got accepted. Dropped out of other groups since it's mostly rehashing of common questions and I guess I was hurting feelings of too many 5.0-bro types trying to flex in an EB group for some reason.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Did you even try to get in? The group is strictly performance oriented and those questions are intended to weed out non-sense questions and discussions.

If you want to talk about oil, carbon fiber mirror caps and what color brake covers you should pick, then it’s the wrong group.

If you’re trying to mod your car for performance and want to push it further, it’s the best group.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I'm full bolt on makin 330 whp and 376 lbg-ft at the wheels (dynoject). What else is there to talk about? CP-e made all my parts and did a custom tune. But I am pretty much maxed out unless I decide to build the engine or pay out the ass for a bigger turbo that will only let me make like 20 more whp safely and then still have to build the engine.

Im happy with my car - not happy with being stuck at current power levels.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I'm full bolt on makin 330 whp and 376 lbg-ft at the wheels (dynoject). What else is there to talk about? CP-e made all my parts and did a custom tune. But I am pretty much maxed out unless I decide to build the engine or pay out the ass for a bigger turbo that will only let me make like 20 more whp safely and then still have to build the engine.

Im happy with my car - not happy with being stuck at current power levels.
How was the tuning process with CP-E? I am considering this route.

Sponsored

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grteat I went through 14 revisions last november - and our final two we did this july. I highly recommend Mitch at CT-e because his number one thing he told me is "A car that is in the shop makes 0 hp"

So therefore even though you probably can squeeze more power from my tune - you can't do it safely so therefore I am capped.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The days of back yard engine swaps, head and cam packages are done. You can't build a car that will complete with stock factory cars. So what's the point. The car hobby isn't going to be around much longer except for a few die hards
i 100 percent agree within 10 years the aftermarket is going to be dying out. Encryption based ecus, more turbo tech, the list can go on and on. But more the most part besides the enthusiast crowd and maybe someone wanting to throw in a tune. The days of major major mods are over. Now the v8 guys as long as the engines don’t get too nuts won’t change much but all the turbo motors sheeeeet

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the ford performance in my 17 ecoboost, he’s right. Factory tune- one and done.

couldn’t be happier, cars are just quicker now a days with very little needed. If it blows I will toss a built 2.0 in it none the less

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on the same page about a built 2.0 if it goes boom.

What I can't decide on yet it's whether I will build it myself gradually over time or pay a tuner to do it.

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium Coupe
My car came with calipers painted red, looks good. I use a canned tune from Diablosport, T3 Platinum, and it tuned my Eco into a rocket with the 93 octane canned tune,
Sponsored