Sponsored

Black interior detailing?

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I just bought a gallon of P&S interior cleaner. Seems to work well, is cheaper, and smells a bit better than the Nextzett, but I'm still having the issue I have with most interior cleaners, the cleaner leaves streaks on the chrome interior pieces. So far every interior cleaner I've used other than the Nextzett has left streaks on the chrome. Does anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal, I just wipe the chrome down later with window cleaner or Griots Speed Shine but it would be nice to avoid that extra step. I should just wrap the chrome or switch it out for GT350 stuff.
I’ve used the P&S approx. 20 times this summer never had an issue. I dilute all the P&S products just by preference. Solid product for sure.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I’ve used the P&S approx. 20 times this summer never had an issue. I dilute all the P&S products just by preference. Solid product for sure.
I'll have to try mixing it with water or speed shine, maybe that will help. I also bought a gallon of their Bead Maker which I finally got a chance to try, it's good stuff.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I stopped buying/using interior cleaners. I had the same issues with streaks or if using “wipes”, lint residue all over everything and I’ve used both high and low end detailing products across the spectrum.

Save your money and apply it towards something else...

Get a good microfiber (not the “fuzzy” kind). Soak it in water, wring it totally out so that it’s only damp. Start your “cleaning” by wiping down the panels you want to clean. At first you’re gonna see some very minor streaking which is totally normal, but the streaks dry instantly as you’re working along...

After each panel you clean, rinse and wring out the microfiber. Once I have cleaned all panels, I just use shop vac with brush extension and go over everything for final detail.

Streak free, super clean panels with no lint, no abnormal scents, no greasy/shiny surfaces - car interior looks as new if not better than new from factory. Plus there is no “out gassing” of applied chemicals to slowly fog the windows as the car sits and bakes in the sun...

I still use glass cleaner for glass and leather cleaner for leather. But as stated above, for the entire interior - dash, panels, etc - absolutely no products other than a damp microfiber.

Also to note for those with cloth interiors:
You can use the same microfiber technique on cloth seats. Again start with a clean microfiber, soak with water, wring it out. You only want the microfiber to be damp, not soaking wet. Take it and wipe down the seating surfaces just as you would the panels. Afterwards, use vac to vac up any minute debris or dust.

Now of course if the interior panels or seating surfaces have been soiled with dirt or something like food stains, then you may need to use chemicals but for the most part, trust me, a damp microfiber is all you need for these modern interiors.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Chemical guys inner clean. Smells good, has UV inhibitors and doesn't leave streaks / grease or excess shine.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Get a good microfiber (not the “fuzzy” kind).
I'm going to try this, but what is the" fuzzy" kind? They all seem fuzzy to me. Do you have a brand or point me in the right direction? thanks!

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to try this, but what is the" fuzzy" kind? They all seem fuzzy to me. Do you have a brand or point me in the right direction? thanks!
I usually buy the Amazon Basics ones, they're like $12 for a 24 pack. I like the thinner microfibers for interior cleaning, they tend to get in the groves and seams in the dash and door panels better than the nicer thicker ones that you generally use for exterior detailing.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I usually buy the Amazon Basics ones, they're like $12 for a 24 pack. I like the thinner microfibers for interior cleaning, they tend to get in the groves and seams in the dash and door panels better than the nicer thicker ones that you generally use for exterior detailing.
Thanks - you mean like the thin lens/screen cleaning type?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - you mean like the thin lens/screen cleaning type?
No, they're a bit thicker than that. Probably about 1/3 the thickness of a normal car microfiber. They also don't grab onto the soft touch dash and door panels like the thicker microfibers tend to do which was annoying. I wouldn't use them on paint, but they are perfect for interior cleaning.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
No, they're a bit thicker than that. Probably about 1/3 the thickness of a normal car microfiber. They also don't grab onto the soft touch dash and door panels like the thicker microfibers tend to do which was annoying. I wouldn't use them on paint, but they are perfect for interior cleaning.
Thanks - I'll try to find them on Amazon.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - I'll try to find them on Amazon.
No problem. They're sold by AmazonBasics. "AmazonBasics Blue and Yellow Microfiber Cleaning Cloths" . They're $12.81 for a 24 pack which should last you a long time.