Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
First wash. The paint and windows are in need of serious correction, certainly not as good as paint right off the train ride. I’ll have to spend a weekend on that and ceramic once it’s not 90* 90% humidity outside. View attachment 391202
Wash1.jpg
Wash2.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
Looks good man. A bit more matte finish than my blackout package. You should do the roof next.
Thanks Mike! Yep. Plasti-Dip doesn’t come in gloss unfortunately. But once you get past 4 or 5 coats it becomes like a satin finish which looks pretty good. I think gloss black would look better but I didn’t want to do anything permanent yet. Thinking about going gloss black on the roof. If I do it will be a vinyl wrap and I’ll have the spoiler re-done the same. For now it kind of matches the lower body trim and front splitter so it doesn’t look too out of place.

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
OK, got motivated, finished the splash guards :D Rear done, and I swapped out my beat up red lugs for the same style, but black.

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5899.JPEG

(side note: I need to do something with the garage floor ... :shock: )
Hey - tell me more about the splash guards please - thanks.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
They're rokblokz. Pretty nice quality and probably the most secure mounted of any of the splash guard varieties out there. Mine survived a head on impact from a Chevy Sonic with minor scuffs.

I just wish they didn't use the washers to brand themselves...nothing like some white lettering drawing your attention to your dirty wheel wells.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Thanks Mike! Yep. Plasti-Dip doesn’t come in gloss unfortunately. But once you get past 4 or 5 coats it becomes like a satin finish which looks pretty good. I think gloss black would look better but I didn’t want to do anything permanent yet. Thinking about going gloss black on the roof. If I do it will be a vinyl wrap and I’ll have the spoiler re-done the same. For now it kind of matches the lower body trim and front splitter so it doesn’t look too out of place.

Isn't there a glossifier you can spray on top of the color coat?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly the grill shutters are standard across all ‘18+s
I remember reading somewhere that 18+ GT PP's don't have the AGS.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hey - tell me more about the splash guards please - thanks.
Yeah, @Kevin08 ID'ed them above, RokBlokz, available direct and also Amazon (where I got mine). $99, super high quality fasteners, very smart design, don't use any tape, no drilling (other than one hole, on just the rears, where you need to slightly enlarge an existing hole on a plastic piece).

I've had different brands, seen a number of different brands from members here (and how they look, mount), I don't think these can be beat.

Per Kevin the collar washers are anodized black with white ROKBLOKZ, but it's kind of cool IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BB6GW16/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_H.WzDbCW587DG

($99, no tax, 5% back with an Amazon card :))

Stock wheels/tires aren't nearly as much of an issue, but when you start using spacers, or running much larger setups (I'm running a 285/35 front and a 305/35 rear on 20" wheels), the sides of the car can really get peppered.

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
Isn't there a glossifier you can spray on top of the color coat?
Not sure, but if it is gloss black you are looking for then the best options would be vinyl wrap or remove spoiler and paint. I can make the plasti-dip shiny with some tire shine on a sponge, but it is never gonna look like the gloss black on the rear trunk panel (with plasti-dip that is). More like a satin or matte black.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
First wash. The paint and windows are in need of serious correction, certainly not as good as paint right off the train ride. I’ll have to spend a weekend on that and ceramic once it’s not 90* 90% humidity outside.
View attachment 391202
Wash1.jpg
I like that clean trunk kid.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
OK, got motivated, finished the splash guards :D Rear done, and I swapped out my beat up red lugs for the same style, but black.

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5899.JPEG

(side note: I need to do something with the garage floor ... :shock: )
Tell me more about the red lugs please, with pics.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Tell me more about the red lugs please, with pics.
Sure, it's a Monster Lug, part number: 33006R (that's a M14 x P1.50).

Basically it's the 33006 series, in red, black, chrome, a few other options. The red does get worn off the edges with multiple removals, but it still looks pretty solid.

You can see them really good on the rears in this photo (the front pockets are a bit deeper):

DSC_0182_1200.jpg

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Sure, it's a Monster Lug, part number: 33006R (that's a M14 x P1.50).

Basically it's the 33006 series, in red, black, chrome, a few other options. The red does get worn off the edges with multiple removals, but it still looks pretty solid.

You can see them really good on the rears in this photo (the front pockets are a bit deeper):

DSC_0182_1200.jpg
Dammit! More bling for my wish list. :crying: