BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
The car has Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 tires on it. I only have 1800 miles on it to date so no clue as to how these tires are going to perform. I'm going to look up the reviews on the tires.
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Nokian Hakkapellita tires and a Subaru would be a better idea. Works for me here in northern WI. My Pony stays cozy in the garage. Good luck man. A beater Subaru for $2k would be a better idea. The fuel saved, insurance saved and not dying would pay for itself.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The car has Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 tires on it. I only have 1800 miles on it to date so no clue as to how these tires are going to perform. I'm going to look up the reviews on the tires.
No, absolutely not. I had these on my all wheel drive G37x when I lived in NJ and they were terrible in even very light snow. Not too bad in the dry but any dampness on the road made for an interesting drive. Cannot imagine them on a Mustang.
If you do not want to go with winter tires, buy some Michelin PS A/S3+’s. Not for the deep stuff but will probably be acceptable in your area.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I live just north of Toronto and my Mustang is my only car so I will definitely be getting winter tires for it. If you live anywhere that gets a decent amount of snow, all seasons won't cut it. In my case I got a PP1 which comes with summer tires, I wouldn't even try driving with them in winter. Looks like I'll be out $2000 this fall to buy a set of winter tires and rims. It's expensive because I need 19" rims to clear the PP1 brakes.
I live in Toronto also and my mustang is my daily. When you look for winters I had good luck at Tires 23. They were even cheaper then simply tire.

Just an FYI for when you need to buy.

OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
The reviews were all over the map - but several re snow were very positive - soooo we'll see.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
The reviews were all over the map - but several re snow were very positive - soooo we'll see.
I think you will be fine. Buy good tires, drive safely and you should be good to go. I live in Canada so I know a thing or two about snow. If it makes you feel better, I took my Mustang on a trip to IKEA in a blizzard and drove home with the trunk strapped down and I made it.

GasGuzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7
Those tires are terrible in the snow and for any dry traction as well. Get a dedicated set of snow tires/wheels.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
yea all seasons are not the way to go.

dedicated summer + dedicated winter is the way.

might be a bit more expensive running two sets of wheels...but definitely less expensive than dealing with an accident / repairs.

plus changing tires once a year gives you the opportunity to do inspection and stuff around the vehicle

and its fun to watch people being amazed at a mustang climbing a snowy hill while 4x4 trucks and suvs are stuck spinning wheels on the side.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I've driven my EB through 3 Canadian winters so far, and no issues. I have Blizzaks on all 4 corners and load about 100 pounds of ballast in the trunk (keep it forward of the axle, or you'll lighten the load on the front wheels which can cause steering problems on slick roads). Keep a light foot on the pedals, let the traction control do its thing, and if you get a chance, do some donuts in an empty parking lot to find out what your car can and can't do.

38084713035_ca455c3d47_b.jpg

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You should be ok, but I am def not a fan of driving rwd sports cars in snow period. My wifes awd Terrain is a champ in snow though obviously lol.
Sponsored