Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Ironsooner: Dyno on a GT350 should be in 5th gear (1:1). You are correct, MT did theirs in 4th for some reason.....
Thanks Greg. I'll make sure the guy does 5th gear pulls. The place I am going to is the main Mustang performance shop in the area, and has several GT350s in front of their shop on their website, so I assume they've worked on them before. Reason for saying is that they should have some knowledge and be able to speak first hand as to the differences between 19 and before, once they have some time with mine on the dyno. I will ask them, then report back here.

EDIT: Just read your profile, and it says OK. You from Tulsa? If so, the place I am going to is Archangel, if you know them.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Just read this. I recently upgraded from a 16 Base to a fully loaded 19. I’ve sworn all along that the car feels and sounds different (louder/quicker). Interesting findings here. Love it!
Did you do the handling pkg? Install the adj plates? Wondering how that feels - I drove mine with the same for the 1st time late yesterday. It feels good but I have little to compare it with initially. I will be doing an A:B comparison of the hardware specifically the shock strut mount as soon as I can get more info. Not easy becuase I foolishly had mine inbstalled before looking at them for compliance/hardness and thickness of the mount retaining rubber.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The cars sick, just a bit too $$$$, If it were 48-55 and came with a A10

I have a bad left leg or I would’ve thought long and hard

Still for a true road car u can track on weekends it’s badass

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I think if Ford had changed something in the Voodoo to make more power - they would be letting EVERYBODY know. It would definitely improve sales.
Improve sales? We're just getting cars we ordered as much as 9 months ago (I got mine last night).
My observation is that they are much more likely to slow roll out information - much like that the My19's motors are build of GT500 related changes & consolidation was left out of or not given any specifics when the MY19 was being promoted. Getting Ford Performance to give details was like pulling teeth and still is (there is no comprehensive list of changes other than that by 3rd party print & web magazine op-eds).

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Man, a carbon ds would do wonders for this NA car. That and carbon rotors. I know it would drive up the price, but anything to get the car lighter since its NA and not putting down enough power.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Now it's not putting down enough power? For what exactly? As sold its a fun as hell factory street car and or track car with a warranty. Sure CF brakes, driveshaft, hood, anything can be made faster for more money. An Ariel atom 500 V8 might be an even better starting point.
The GT500 is a Ford factory answer for those with deeper pockets. 0-100-0 in 10 seconds might still be not enough power to weight or speed for some but its still a street legal car doing those times. <shrug>

Of course this is all totally OT too

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Rolled over 1k miles today, so I am ready to schedule the dyno.

Should I get the first oil change before or after the dyno? I know both is the safest, but that's unlikely unless someone can give me a seriously good reason (due to cost for what seems like overkill). If it matters, I drove fairly spirited for street use after the first 300 miles. I def didnt baby it like I see some folks say they're doing (no hate, just comparing approaches).

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like they found a unicorn to me!:party:

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
One thing I just thought about now, aren't the '19+ heads the same flow rates as the GT500? The guys who have ported their 16 - 18 stock heads have seen some very real power gains. @honeybadger 's 545 RWHP dyno pull didn't come from a throttle body spacer......
Yeah my initial impression when I first read that article was that it was due to the better flowing heads carried over, but since the dyno operators have explained where the difference came from, and the fact it was a 4th gear pull, that extra little but of flow may not have registered a significant difference for Ford to requote the power figures especially when the trap speeds haven't improved.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my initial impression when I first read that article was that it was due to the better flowing heads carried over, but since the dyno operators have explained where the difference came from, and the fact it was a 4th gear pull, that extra little but of flow may not have registered a significant difference for Ford to requote the power figures especially when the trap speeds haven't improved.
If trap speeds didn't improve than neither did the hp! Mathematics never lie!!
Sponsored