Sponsored

Is There Anyone Still Waiting For Their 2019 GT350?

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I found out what happens when your car goes in STORAGE....

Sponsored

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
So just as a status, mine is still showing being in time out. Built two weeks ago today and sitting somewhere in a undisclosed location, no ETA. September 11th will mark a full 6 months.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
You can't make this up. Yep, another week down the drain. The car has been off site since 8/6/19. I am not a math major, but that to me means almost three weeks. The zone rep met with my dealer and I was promised this car will change status this week. Well, I took a step back and told my dealer on Friday that if the car doesn't move and is not in transit by 9/11, they can have the car. 9/11 marks six months since order date. I think I have been overly fair. I am all done!

Sixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
19 GT 350
You can't make this up. Yep, another week down the drain. The car has been off site since 8/6/19. I am not a math major, but that to me means almost three weeks. The zone rep met with my dealer and I was promised this car will change status this week. Well, I took a step back and told my dealer on Friday that if the car doesn't move and is not in transit by 9/11, they can have the car. 9/11 marks six months since order date. I think I have been overly fair. I am all done!
Good luck! I think you have been more than fair and patient.

Sponsored

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yeah, good call. Thats nuts. Did the rep tell you what the deal is with the car? If they know it will change status this week, they know what the status is currently...

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I know having a car ordered to your specs is tough to part with. Have you searched for GT350 delivered or being delivered that meet or are optional choices to your specs? It seems there is at least movement with cars becoming available. Being late in the model year and 2020s to be ordered, you may be able to negotiate a similar deal. That is how I got mine. I searched based on 3 configs that were to be delivered in central Florida. In all 6 GT350 fit the bill. All were due in May. Mine was 1st in on April 30 and happily my choice. One delivered weeks later (after I left for Alaska). One arrived end of June and one in July. Two are still undelivered (and I gave up tracking them). I would have walked away if I had waited this long, even without having ordered one.

Always have options Mark. No one can tell you what is best for you. But is having at GT350 more important than having THAT one at this point? Do you feel these delays and the Ford Rep's inability or unwillingness to give your a rational update is perhaps fate talking? Whatever you chose to do, we will support your decision and celebrate whatever ride you take delivery. You are too kind a person and too patient to be subject to this. You deserve to be enjoying the GT350 with us and not be on the sidelines.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Good Monday Morning Everyone,

First and foremost, thanks for all of your unwavering support and encouragement throughout this whole endeavor. Your advice, comments and compliments have been well appreciated. According to the trackmymustang.com site as of this morning, my car is now "Returned from Offsite". I would imagine this means whatever tuning, magic, and tweaking they were doing to it is now done and it is back to the initial line. I would hope that it will be released soon and go into Awaiting Shipment portion. However, I have learned over the last six months, nothing is a given with this process. Enjoy your week everyone!

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Good Monday Morning Everyone,

First and foremost, thanks for all of your unwavering support and encouragement throughout this whole endeavor. Your advice, comments and compliments have been well appreciated. According to the trackmymustang.com site as of this morning, my car is now "Returned from Offsite". I would imagine this means whatever tuning, magic, and tweaking they were doing to it is now done and it is back to the initial line. I would hope that it will be released soon and go into Awaiting Shipment portion. However, I have learned over the last six months, nothing is a given with this process. Enjoy your week everyone!
Aye, it has returned from the Wizard of Speed, then. The juice should be that much sweeter!

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Aye, it has returned from the Wizard of Speed, then. The juice should be that much sweeter!
Just another example on how this group has kept me positive throughout this ordeal! Thanks for the laugh on a Monday!!! I am hoping whatever was in the juice gets it on a rail car soon!

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Mark, I think we jinxed you when it was flying through the timeline and we were all saying you'd be driving it by Labor Day! But, keep the faith, I think the Gremlins of Flat Rock sensed how close you were to walking and worked some Offsite Magic!

Kona.jpg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I waited on mine and it was driving me nuts. Have it now and driving it, I forgot about the wait

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Here is an update. My car so far over the last five days has gone from storage, back to production, back to storage, back to production, now released, to awaiting shipment, to this morning in transit, with a huge word after in transit, DELAYED. I guess this car must love it so much at the plant it doesn't want to be adopted. UNREAL.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Here is an update. My car so far over the last five days has gone from storage, back to production, back to storage, back to production, now released, to awaiting shipment, to this morning in transit, with a huge word after in transit, DELAYED. I guess this car must love it so much at the plant it doesn't want to be adopted. UNREAL.
Hang in there buddy. You ARE making progress. You’ll have it soon...

Have you pre purchased any mods? If I were in your situation, I’d prob have a garage bay full of parts ready to go on the car!!

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Hang in there buddy. You ARE making progress. You’ll have it soon...

Have you pre purchased any mods? If I were in your situation, I’d prob have a garage bay full of parts ready to go on the car!!
I am going to keep this stock. I put a Borla Atak on my 2012 GT500 and the thing sounded awesome. Everything I have heard about these cars though is the exhaust is awesome. I had my hopes up for this thing coming in soon, but the DELAY under in transit has me wondering the WTF?
Sponsored