Sponsored

ProCharger MAF location: Why the change?

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
im running a waste gate bov setup and still have issue with knock at partial throttle its actually annoying where does the new maf relocate to
and how do i go about ordering one i assume it replaces the charge pipe intake and intercooler but never know

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
It's just the pipe before the throttle body and a small plate to cover maf flange on the intercooler? You run a wastegated setup? What head unit and power level you at?

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D1SC SETUP CURENTLY SWAP OUT FROM A P1SC ITS MOVES WAITING TO RE DYNO AFTER I CHANGE TO E

Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sry for capps work we type in caps yeah but i only get false knock under slight throttle i assume its from the gate being partly open

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
im running a waste gate bov setup and still have issue with knock at partial throttle its actually annoying where does the new maf relocate to
and how do i go about ordering one i assume it replaces the charge pipe intake and intercooler but never know
If the wastegate is near the maf you world benefit from the gt350 maf pipe.
sry for capps work we type in caps yeah but i only get false knock under slight throttle i assume its from the gate being partly open
Probably from the dirty maf signal like mine if the bpv is too close to the maf.
New pipe is near the throttle body.
20190706_161811.jpg

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my maf is on the pass send of the intercooler whelp like yours was and gate is on the charge pipe going into the intercooler from the d1sc

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
+1 here as well. My car just seems "happier" with the GT 350 MAF tube. I'm a cantankerous bastard and have had multiple tuners and am extremely particular in the drivability dept. The GT350 tube COMPLETELY eliminated my hot start issues that more than one tuning expert could NOT tune around. My car literally cold starts, hot starts and drives like a bone stock car. I don't pretend to know anything about anything other than what i've experienced. The car is just monumentally better now then before the switch to the new MAF location. Not trying to knock anyones knowledge here, but just stating what I've experienced on MY car. That being said, I'm not running the Pro-flow valve, nor the Big Red. I'm running a Tial BOV which for sure is a bit unique and perhaps not ideal. I think I'm basically telling everyone what ProCharger Tech is saying, which is that if you aren't running the cookie cutter setup, the GT350 setup is the best choice and just works.
I just ordered this pipe to fix my driveability issues for my 18 with d1x and methanol. I have my meth nozzle just about where the MAF meter will be on the new pipe. Where did you put your nozzle on this new pipe and are you happy with where you have it now?

Sponsored