Sponsored

What to upgrade first?

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I recently installed an Edelbrock 2650 on my 2018 GT (manual). I had OPG and CS installed before the blower but now I'm wondering what to focus on next. I know I need to upgrade the clutch, driveshaft and half shafts but what seems to be breaking more frequently? I'm not going to the track with my car, mostly just roll racing and back road driving. Hoping to wait until black Friday to buy most of this stuff but is there anything I should consider upgrading right now?
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Halfshafts.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Luck of the draw mostly but it really depends on if you're really trying to cut a good 60'. If you're on street tires and don't hit the dragstrip then you probably won't need any of it for a while.

A good clutch will help you feel more engaged with the car. Drive shafts are usually the last things to go from what I've seen on weekend warriors. Don't start upgrading just for the sake of upgrading though. That's a bottomless pit of money spending you convince yourself you need but probably won't.

Drive and enjoy. ..a good set of tires also goes a long way.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I would replace the DS with a brand that uses a CV Style (DSS, QA1) on the Differential Side of the shaft.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Stay away from anything DSS, they're a mess now a days.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I have no problems with the one in my personal MT-82 car.
That's probably because you have purchased stuff from them more than 5-6 months ago. They're having a shit ton of issues with their new half shafts leaking, sending fix parts back and expecting customer to put this together. Overall just a terrible experience. There's no way in hell I can ever recommend them to anyone after all the shit I just went through.

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
If you're not tracking the car you more than likely will not need to do half shaft and driveshaft. My stock driveshaft held up for awhile doing 1.3 60's at the track. I've seen plenty of stock halfshafts do 1.4 60's as well.
I would upgrade the fuel system and switch to e85

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
In order of priority and assuming all of your current mods are in your sig:

Essential
1. Short Throw (MGW)
Not essential, but will make the car 10x better
2. Return Style Fuel System (if you have access to E85)
3. Wheels w/Drag Radials (ET Street SS if not daily, NT555R if daily)
Not essential and will make the car marginally better. Obviously priority changes if you decide to track the car or are suffering from something that one of these mods can fix.
4. Clutch (stock clutch is actually pretty good. This will become a priority if you suffer from lockout, even after installing a trans mounted short throw)
5. Driveshaft (makes a difference, but other stuff is critical. This isn't)
6. Halfshafts (if you only roll race, you almost definitely won't need these)

OP
OP

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In order of priority and assuming all of your current mods are in your sig:

Essential
1. Short Throw (MGW)
Not essential, but will make the car 10x better
2. Return Style Fuel System (if you have access to E85)
3. Wheels w/Drag Radials (ET Street SS if not daily, NT555R if daily)
Not essential and will make the car marginally better. Obviously priority changes if you decide to track the car or are suffering from something that one of these mods can fix.
4. Clutch (stock clutch is actually pretty good. This will become a priority if you suffer from lockout, even after installing a trans mounted short throw)
5. Driveshaft (makes a difference, but other stuff is critical. This isn't)
6. Halfshafts (if you only roll race, you almost definitely won't need these)
Thanks, good info, I was seriously looking at the MGW shifter too. I was thinking about doing the driveshaft at the same time since it looks like you have to remove it to install the shifter anyways.

Glad to hear it sounds like I dont need to rush into buying more parts.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
So I recently installed an Edelbrock 2650 on my 2018 GT (manual). I had OPG and CS installed before the blower but now I'm wondering what to focus on next. I know I need to upgrade the clutch, driveshaft and half shafts but what seems to be breaking more frequently? I'm not going to the track with my car, mostly just roll racing and back road driving. Hoping to wait until black Friday to buy most of this stuff but is there anything I should consider upgrading right now?
If your not drag racing it I wouldn't worry about upgrading any of them. Eventually your clutch is going to need replaced but the axles should be ok unless your getting alot of wheel hop? What suspension mods and tired do you have?
Sponsored