GT350 BASICS & OTHER ESSENTIAL INFORMATION- IGNORE AT YOUR OWN RISK

jgt77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R, 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
I have a 2017 GT350R that I received in June 2017. I have to continually keep it on a battery tender.
If I leave it sit for more than a week w/o the battery tender connected my battery goes dead to the
point where the starter will not turn the engine over. My car has only 59 miles.
Have any other forum members found this to be true? Or is there something that I am doing incorrectly when I park it.
I normally start the car and let it idle until it reaches normal operating temp every 2 weeks.
However, the battery goes dead if I don't reconnect to the tender.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I have a 2017 GT350R that I received in June 2017. I have to continually keep it on a battery tender.
If I leave it sit for more than a week w/o the battery tender connected my battery goes dead to the
point where the starter will not turn the engine over. My car has only 59 miles.
Have any other forum members found this to be true? Or is there something that I am doing incorrectly when I park it.
I normally start the car and let it idle until it reaches normal operating temp every 2 weeks.
However, the battery goes dead if I don't reconnect to the tender.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
This has been covered a few times, I suggest you search.

The GT350 battery can discharge quickly.

I would NOT start and idle your car like you report. Just let it sit on the tender until you can take it out.

I’ve used the CTEK 3300 for four winters now with excellent results- original, first gen battery works fine to this day.

Last edited:

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Its easy to find brake opinions for track day pads... what would yall use as stock replacements for daily driver pads?

the OE ones make my wheels look like they're bronze in less than a week.

Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Its easy to find brake opinions for track day pads... what would yall use as stock replacements for daily driver pads?

the OE ones make my wheels look like they're bronze in less than a week.
Powerstop Z26 pads from Rock Auto. Can't beat the price, hardly any dust at all, and the dust you do get is dark gray/black vs the bronze/brown color of the stock pads' dust. A slight loss of that initial bite that the stock pads have but still more than adequate for daily spirited driving. Been to Tail of the Dragon a few times already with these pads and they've held up great.

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Does anyone know the production numbers for MY19 GT350 and GT350R's, more specifically the number built in each color?

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Does anyone know the production numbers for MY19 GT350 and GT350R's, more specifically the number built in each color?
Check the links to prior MY production numbers in the first post in this thread. Take note of when the information was released for each year. That’ll give you a ballpark of when MY ‘19 numbers will be released..

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I noticed the sticky says that "piston slap" is something that is considered normal. Seems my '19 GT350 developed a piston slap between 2000 and 3000 RPM. The car only has 360 miles on it. Can anyone elaborate on the "normalcy" of a piston slap in a brand new Voodoo?

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I noticed the sticky says that "piston slap" is something that is considered normal. Seems my '19 GT350 developed a piston slap between 2000 and 3000 RPM. The car only has 360 miles on it. Can anyone elaborate on the "normalcy" of a piston slap in a brand new Voodoo?
Google will give a few results.

I also added a link to the SSM on it in the first post.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
HD: Misfire Detection Monitor
Introduction
Note: Mechanical noise caused by the front end accessory drive components, mechanically driven cooling fans, or rough roads at high RPM with light load conditions may produce a non-symmetrical loss of cylinder acceleration, which may result in a misfire.

This pinpoint test is intended to diagnose the misfire detection monitor.

Clearing the powertrain control module (PCM) diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) erases any PCM recorded freeze frame data. Make sure to record any PCM freeze frame information before proceeding. Refer to Section 2, Freeze Frame Data .
1 (9).png
2 (6).png
3 (4).png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
Sponsored