OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Regardless of all the data you gotta admit that SWING is pretty narley...
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think, IMO, if your last name isn’t Andretti, Rossi, @honeybadger, or your some other magical creature, I’d argue on the street will never make a difference, and unless you fall into the aforementioned category, you’ll be hard pressed to tell on a track. I know the thought of such would never influence my decision to swap it out if I wanted to. Could be wrong, but....

Does it make a difference? Sure; the numbers are there. Would I ever feel it? Probably most likely nope.
You are probably right, but my theory on oversteer at high speed on track is - I don't want any. To me that downforce at high speed is very valuable just in peace of mind. And if you want to gain lap times - the high speed part of a track is where you can really pick up time.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I think, IMO, if your last name isn’t Andretti, Rossi, @honeybadger, or your some other magical creature, I’d argue on the street will never make a difference, and unless you fall into the aforementioned category, you’ll be hard pressed to tell on a track. I know the thought of such would never influence my decision to swap it out if I wanted to. Could be wrong, but....

Does it make a difference? Sure; the numbers are there. Would I ever feel it? Probably most likely nope.
It will make a huge difference on a longer track at higher speeds. I put 1/2 degree more wing in my car at Road America last year and I thought I threw out an anchor. I didn't notice it except for the fact I was getting spanked in the straights

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

:cwl::cwl::cwl:

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Hack @svttim Nope, great point guys; I agree. Important for each to make an educated decision on what you'll be using the car for, for sure.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Ive never actually looked this up how easy it is (or if its an integral part of the carbon front) - but wouldnt adding the 350R air dam (or whatever its called) to a 15-18 350 take care of most of difference in front lift then?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ive never actually looked this up how easy it is (or if its an integral part of the carbon front) - but wouldnt adding the 350R air dam (or whatever its called) to a 15-18 350 take care of most of difference in front lift then?
IME, best mod for the front end was actually a hood vent. R splitter/APR splitter help a good bit, but neither made the difference that my hood vent did.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Best mod is driver :cwl:

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I thought the R changes are coming in 2020. Could be that it does get it.
Going from the 1 2020 R we've seen in Grabber Lime so far it looks the same to me.
Wasn’t that a 2020 GT500 in Grabber Lime? If you’re talking about the video from M1 Concourse, I’m pretty sure it was a GT500. I didn’t think the 2020 GT350R has been shown yet.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wasn’t that a 2020 GT500 in Grabber Lime? If you’re talking about the video from M1 Concourse, I’m pretty sure it was a GT500. I didn’t think the 2020 GT350R has been shown yet.
It's a few threads below this one.