Never knew the car told me the Oil % I had left
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Never knew the car told me the Oil % I had left
Funny you mention that – I just got the “change engine oil soon” message on the way home from work today. I’m down to 5% apparently.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Funny you mention that – I just got the “change engine oil soon” message on the way home from work today. I’m down to 5% apparently.
I was checking the oil life % the other day. I had just finished a road trip to Washington and put 6000mi. on the car. The oil was changed before the trip. I was surprised to see the oil life was showing 40%. I had the dealer do a full service oil change and tire rotation. The car has 11,000mi. on it now. Ford Pass Points has covered 2 oil changes. I still have enough points for the next service, after that I will be doing them at home. 10qts...

Noticed the right front tire wearing more than the others. I asked the dealer to check it out. I did not know that Ford covers front end alignment for only the first 12 mos. They did a 4 wheel alignment and steering wheel centering. A slight adjustment I was told. I am not familiar with the details perhaps someone here is.

A moved to: 20454C Line: A
999 CP

B moved to: 20454C Line : B
ISPO Moved to: 20454C Line: B
999 CP
ISPO Moved to: 20454C Line B
999 CP
ISPO Moved to: 20454C Line B
999 CP
ISPO Moved to: 2054C Line B
999 CP

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I learned this weekend that if I hold the Cruise Set+ or Set- it will move the setting in 5MPH increments. Handy for changing speed zones.

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Does Android only work with that usb? I know that Apple CarPlay works with both usb locations, but how well it works is sensitive to having everything updated to latest versions.
So the USB in the center console is wired first to the head unit. The one under the screen is wired second. I found this out when upgrading My Ford Touch to Sync 3. Seems backwards but that's what I found.

Andriod auto works from both, I prefer the one in the center console.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
That the mirrors fold in on the car lol. Yeah my Camaro didn't allow you to fold in the rear view mirrors they were fixed which was stupid. My car is stored in the garage now & one day I pushed on the mirror to see if they folded and I'll be damned they did!

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just realized that while i was driving in the car and you can lock the doors and it actually also locks the lid of the center console as well... i went to grab my wallet out of it while driving and wouldn't open till i unlocked the doors again..
My 15 Hardtop does not have this. My wife's 18 Convertable does. I wish I had it.

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm pretty sure that's not true ... I think it was just a coincidence.
It's true. My wife's 18 convertible has it. When I figured it out, I had to fun out where the latch was so I could see if my 15 Hardtop has it. Sadly, the 15 doesn't. I think its a brilliant add btw. I really wish mine had it.

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
DOESN'T take curves as well as my '15 SS Camaro did...........:curse:
I remember when the S550 came out in 15, Motortrend did a side by side. The Camaro SS was a little better almost all around than the mustang GT PP. Outside of the ability to see out of the car and the 1/4 (by only a tenth). Yet...just like so many others, I still got a mustang.

No regrets. April will be 5 years for me. 19k miles and lots of upgrades. The S550 is not perfect but D@mn its got so much potential.

And if you want yours to perform better, upgrades! Probably poor decision on my part thinking you haven't done any upgrades. I did a stop the hop, new racing shifter, lowering springs, procharger.....racing oil pan. I'm not the fastest guy on the track but I recently stayed sorta close to a GT3 RS. He was getting away but just little by little. This car is capable....just needs a few upgrades. Maybe a better driver too. I'm getting better! Video links below.

me chasing a GT3 RS

MotorTrend
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-gt-vs-chevrolet-camaro-ss-on-head-2-head/

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
HAHA had that in my Explorer as well. First time it went off I almost crapped myself. Is based on the closing rate to the vehicle in front of you I believe.
Yeah. I have this on my F150. It has saved me once or twice. Not going to lie. Not on the stang tho. If I remember correctly, you could not get Adaptive Cruise on a 6 Speed Manual in 2015. Either way, I dont have it on the stang.

Sponsored

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had a rental F150 last week that always showed which gear it was in.

BTW the A10 sucks ass. Thing had to downshift 6 times to pass somebody.

Judging any car by a rental is very risky. Rentals are treated like dog crap.

Saying that, my F150 with the 10 speed took some getting used to. It has gotten better over time as the computer learns but it can still can get confused if you are not precise with the throttle. Sorta gets lost at what gear it thinks you want. Saying that, it is awesome when you are on the throttle hard. The engine stays in the power band so much better thanks to the close ration gearing. Awesome!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
It's true. My wife's 18 convertible has it. When I figured it out, I had to fun out where the latch was so I could see if my 15 Hardtop has it. Sadly, the 15 doesn't. I think its a brilliant add btw. I really wish mine had it.
I'll agree that it is indeed true. I noticed one day with the car either idling or off on accessory power when I locked the doors from inside using the door button and heard a noise from the glove box area. It was the mechanism locking. Cool.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
This is a useful thread. Thanks, guys. Still trying to figure out one o' these "newfangled" Mustangs after close to 20 years with one or another New Edge. Pen holder? The officer can let me use his pen to sign the speeding ticket.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Thanks, Mik. Didn't think of that. Guess it's time for an old fashioned stick tire gauge. After a first drive - 3 hours home from the dealer at night with the gauges lit up vomit orange, you know as soon as we got home that had to get fixed before turning in for the night. No owners manual. Not too hard to figure out. Good on Ford for that.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
My 15 Hardtop does not have this. My wife's 18 Convertable does. I wish I had it.
My 15 has it. Came with the enhanced security package.
Sponsored