Sponsored

C8 Corvette Z06 getting a flat plane crank!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
i was wondering when someone was going to make a thread about it. im considering selling but only if they come out with a manual. hm.... when to sell... when to sell...

However, even at the 3LT package, it states its a 6.2 LT2 V* Engine. Where's the discrepancy at that? Is there another trim model that will offer the FPC Twin Turbo?

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
i was wondering when someone was going to make a thread about it. im considering selling but only if they come out with a manual. hm.... when to sell... when to sell...

However, even at the 3LT package, it states its a 6.2 LT2 V* Engine. Where's the discrepancy at that? Is there another trim model that will offer the FPC Twin Turbo?
This engine isn't offered yet. The video is the C8.R which is their factory supported race car.

A version of this engine will likely be offered in a ZR1 offering towards the end of the C8 first model run. There is NO reason for Chevy to release all their C8's at once. You'll get the C8 for a year or two. Then they'll intro the Z06 and the final year or two will see the ZR1.

The ZR1 will likely get all the FPC TT goodness that is being tested in the C8.R now.

I'd expect this to be their intro into the near 200k price range. Perhaps they keep it well below that but performance wise it will be right up there.

There's also speculation at those power numbers they'll add an electric motor up front for AWD which is all the craze now. The front, according to some, appears to be designed to house a electric motor/front axles.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
2022 can’t come fast enough. It will be added to the stable.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'd wager Chevy saw the reception of the Voodoo and the praises it received from every major publication and it inspired them to go FPC also.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
im considering selling but only if they come out with a manual.
I think you can abandon any likelihood of any C8 variant being offered in a manual - now the platform has gone DCT, sold out, there's zero reason / business rationale, to offer a manual.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I'd wager Chevy saw the reception of the Voodoo and the praises it received from every major publication and it inspired them to go FPC also.
You know Garbage Motors has to copy FORD:crackup::cwl:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Going on 5 years and no extra power with 350. Some clowns on here told me ford can’t put more power on FLat plane

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
i don't really care, i'm not loyal to any brand. only the car that offers the baddest features this world has to offer. yet again, the brand has no loyalty to the buyer after the warranty expires. sit on that for a minute. only bought the 350 over the vette at the time was due to the FPC. i may only sit on this because it's still an enjoyable vehicle to drive. hate to dump more cash to this hobby

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I think you can abandon any likelihood of any C8 variant being offered in a manual - now the platform has gone DCT, sold out, there's zero reason / business rationale, to offer a manual.
So sad, I just dont understand! Maybe I just need to buy a auto and see for myself!:crying::idea:

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
So sad, I just dont understand! Maybe I just need to buy a auto and see for myself!:crying::idea:

If Ford & GM can sell every GT500 and C8 with a DCT why would they bother with a manual?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
The FPC sorta scares me after what i, and many others, went through with the 350. But these cars are just crushing things from a performance standpoint. I’m like @Braski , kinda feel like i want to try a DCT car, but also kinda want my #manualforevabruh
Sponsored