Idea, a 4 Door Mustang.

What do you guys think?

• Total voters

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The leading edge of the hood on this looks like a Mustang...
Mach_EV_003.jpg
I think that leading edge is just more camouflage to hide the actual shape of the front because if you look at the side profile of the car you will see that it's protruding quite a fair bit.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Someone Coyote swapped a Fusion. It's on YouTube. They'll never do something like a Charger Scat Pack though because Ecoboost is Ford's primary marketing strategy. Yeah, that worked so well that they're stopping all production of their cars for only the Mustang........

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Voted yes, as long as it's not called a Mustang, and change some of the styling at least. It would be great to give the Charger competition. Call it a Thunderbird, Torino, Galaxie, or Talledega. Not a fan of Falcon, because it was always a bottom of the barrel option in the US.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hatchback would make it more practical, while not pissing off the traditionalist.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Torino, Galaxie, Maverick or even Falcon but not Thunderbird. Thunderbird for me should be a 2 door, yes I know there was a 4 door Thunderbird once.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
If it ever happened it just can't be called mustang. Share a platform, engines all that good stuff. Just can not be called a Mustang.

Call it a Falcon and I am sold.

4 Door V-8 I would be all over that as my next car. Hell the Charger is a very appealing package, I just don't trust Dodge reliability so I would never own one.

OP
OP
SevenEigh8Si6

SevenEigh8Si6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kalyan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
How about bringing back the Crown Vic??? too soon??? or Ford Interceptor (Concept)...I know how dear the Mustang name is for the fans and the idea of 4 door with the name...its really upsetting that the Sedans have been dropped in favor of CUVs, I was really looking forward for the next gen Fusion but...hopefully Lincoln doesn't drop the sedans all together, for some reason I am hoping they do bring back the Zephyr (MkZ) and update the Continental.

Sponsored

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
4 doors would be terrible. Worse would be a autonomous ( self driving ) electric Mustang.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry but I really hate this idea. I don't really like any car with 4 doors. I think they are all terrible.

All vehicles should have 2 doors - three at the most if you are counting a hatch.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Hi Guys,

I am a current owner of a 16 GT Premium and also have a 14 Fusion Titanium, and since Ford has dropped Sedans, I have been meddling with an idea of 4 Door Mustang and here are my thoughts on it, feed back would be appreciated. Many times I wish my Mustang was a Four Door Sedan, because of the practicality and the ability to sit 2 more in the back on long drives. Just a thought and expression on how i feel, please let me know what you guys think of these.

4DGTE.png
4DGTE_1.png
Looks like a cross between a Chrysler 300. Yuck.

arthuruscg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
I vote hell yes, but call it the Falcon or T-bird.

I have a Fusion Sport that I've blacked out the chrome, done a few other aesthetic mods and have been asked a few times if it is a Falcon. I guess the Sport bumpers throw people of just enough.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I think I'd be receptive to it using the same platform and such. I don't think Ford would shoot themselves in the foot with keeping the same styling though. So making it look like it's own thing and having it's own name would be the only way it'll do well. But a v-8 performance sedan would be neat, I would even probably look at a wagon variant. Not popular, but hey, I like em, and I'd take it sooner than a crossover.

I really don't think Ford, or any automaker really is silly enough to take their 2 door muscle car and stretch it calling it the same damn thing and look the same with just two more doors. So on that note, I don't like the idea of the renders OP posted. Not thinking of the mustang being in existence, those look great, but since the Mustang exists it's like.. that shouldn't exist because the true form exists?
It'd be like someone cloning you but adding four legs vs two. Like you don't exist with four legs. You exist with two legs... yeah maybe you look cool with four legs, but you already exist with two legs. haha
Sponsored