Things you never knew your car did!

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I never knew that my 2019 GT MT82 transmission could shift below 3,000 RPM, but according to another thread, people are successfully driving them that way. I don't fully understand why the Ford engineers would even allow the car to do that. ;)
Possible, but the Coyote seems happier above 3K than below.
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
In my 2017 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost and the A10 I never need to down shift six gears to pass anyone. Either in drive or sport. It diffidently had more get up and gone in sport but still had a lot of punch even in drive. Not sure what power plant you had but my guess is it wasn't the 3.5 Eco.
I didn't see a boost gauge, so probably not... Unless it was hidden in the digital menu.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I didn't know the US side mirrors folded in or that the black base hits an obstacle first.

Or more precisely, I didn't know I wouldn't have to repaint my mirror if I bumped something. :wink:

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I noticed while using the cruise control the indicator will flash red if you have been using pedal feed to increase speed over cruise setting. I was holding a speed above the cruise setting and noticed the transmission down shifting to lose speed and also the flashing red cruise icon.

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
I noticed while using the cruise control the indicator will flash red if you have been using pedal feed to increase speed over cruise setting. I was holding a speed above the cruise setting and noticed the transmission down shifting to lose speed and also the flashing red cruise icon.
With the MT82, I don't recall the indicator flashing red, I think it turns grey, maybe with a slash thru the numbers. And it must apply the brakes going down hill, as it tries to maintain speed, unless I over ride it with the gas pedal.

Sponsored

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
If you have the automatic headlight feature and it is activated, when you turn on the wipers, this will automatically turn on your headlights per the owner's manual.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you have the automatic headlight feature and it is activated, when you turn on the wipers, this will automatically turn on your headlights per the owner's manual.
Honest officer, I wasn't flashing my lights to warn oncoming traffic I just passed a radar trap. A bug strike fooled my rain sense automatic wipers to activate.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
With the MT82, I don't recall the indicator flashing red, I think it turns grey, maybe with a slash thru the numbers. And it must apply the brakes going down hill, as it tries to maintain speed, unless I over ride it with the gas pedal.
The accelerator will grey the speed setting out.
The slash comes in when you cancel cruise. You can see what speed you will resume if you turn it back on.
Going down hill simply closes the throttle to shed velocity. Brakes are not used. If you're in 6th on a steep grade you will outrun your set speed with the throttle closed.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The accelerator will grey the speed setting out.
The slash comes in when you cancel cruise. You can see what speed you will resume if you turn it back on.
Going down hill simply closes the throttle to shed velocity. Brakes are not used. If you're in 6th on a steep grade you will outrun your set speed with the throttle closed.
It will change down gears in the auto to try and stop the car accelerating

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Never knew the rear seat backs killed so much sound. Drove with them down for the first time this weekend and it's like I have a new exhaust system! Never putting them up again and now might do a rear seat delete lol.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've discussed before, even though I haven't found it as a documented feature, that pressing the throttle to the floor and quickly releasing it, then pushing it down again, tells the A10 transmission to shift to the lowest possible gear for the speed, and it's been working well for passing, etc.

I don't know if this is part of the "learning" process or if I just never noticed it, but I have recently found that if I just push the pedal down a little (not to the floor), then back up and back down again, it seems to do the same thing. So if I'm driving and want to pick up speed quickly, I just move my foot down and back up a little, and it drops multiple gears and gets going.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Never knew the rear seat backs killed so much sound. Drove with them down for the first time this weekend and it's like I have a new exhaust system! Never putting them up again and now might do a rear seat delete lol.
Yep, being doing that forever unless I have a passenger back there.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
Look at all that weight you lose too!

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
It really bothers me that you can’t do the same thing with the lock button and roll the windows up
That's why I disabled mine. The windows would sometimes roll down because the fob got pressed twice in my pant pocket. It happen the first week I got my '15 and then it rained.

If I accidentally trigger it, I can't close then unless I start the car, so i disabled them.
Sponsored