Aftermarket Cams

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Update on those cams guys: Just got reply from L&M on final pricing. The 5.2 crossplane I mentioned are $1,700 and the new 5.2 FPC cams will be $2,000 (1,995).
Michael says of course none are installed yet and he will post dyno results when he gets them.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Update on those cams guys: Just got reply from L&M on final pricing. The 5.2 crossplane I mentioned are $1,700 and the new 5.2 FPC cams will be $2,000 (1,995).
Michael says of course none are installed yet and he will post dyno results when he gets them.
Honestly, this isn't terrible considering the low volume of the GT350. It's not ideal of course, which would be to match a set of Coyote cams but that's admittedly an unrealistic expectation. I'm definitely scratching my chin now with an interesting smirk on my face.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Yeah, lol! I know ...... the wheels are turnin'

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
So, With a cam, full header and cat back system...knocking on 600hp without tune? 610-620 with?

Sponsored

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
man those are some biiig cams.. that's awesome... with a CJ intake that should put in some work.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
You’re not doing those cams without a tune.
Your right...,but I tried it (no tune) in my C5 Z06 with a custom Katech Racing Engine cam, heads, ported intake, headers, etc.,...man, the fumes were awful, and everyone thought I was leaking gas, so they did not want to cruise behind me. And, my clothes smelled liked gas too. I took it to callaway Germany and they did a tune and it was way better.

Interested to see what the combination of bolt on goodies and tune will do for the Voodoo. You all are making me get “mod fever” all over again, and I said I would not cut up, or bolt on anything to this car...hmmm. Already have the Ford Racing by Borla sport exhaust. That was enough until “this”. My wife and wallet are going to kill me.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
lol ghost cam tune those and tell everyone you have a vacuum leak...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Cool topic, I messed around with cams a LOT back in the early to mid 90s when friends and I were doing a lot of drag racing....

My mechanical engineering degree plus my preferences resulted in me taking a fair concentration of automotive engineering courses, and back when I was in college the automotive lab had a device called a Cam Doctor, which was the ticket for reverse engineering cam profiles. I used the thing a lot. Looks like they're out of business now, but Audie Technology makes a similar device and I believe Andrews Products does as well. Pony up the bucks for one of these contraptions and a few minutes with stock GT350 cams on one of these and you have your baseline for your stock intake and exhaust lobe profiles. From there it would be interesting to see the difference between GT350 and other factory cam profiles.

The VCT is the fly in the ointment. Assuming you weren't locking them out, you would have to know what max advance and retard is with the phasers in the mix on each cam to determine your lobe separation, which would obviously be a range using the VCT since the intake and exhaust cams are moving relative to one another and lobe sep isn't static. I've found it odd how "secret" cam profiles seem to be for the Coyotes (and by extension Voodoo) when you try to look them up, and I'm not sure why they're not listed with the phasers in some theoretical "straight up" configuration (as you would have with a typical pushrod engine cam) for reference's sake so you could do the math and make a truly educated selection. That is, unless someone is doing it by now, I haven't looked lately.

I think it would take a fair amount of trial and error (not to mention testing) to nail down something better than stock for the GT350, and I'm sure that's why some companies are balking at it. Lots of R&D with limited return.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
yeah need to see them dyno graphs!!!

aslo are yall running a CJ intake or anything ? Seems like that might be prudent with cams ?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350, trans am ws6, G80
Any new updates? Last thing we heard is that Michael is making the cams.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
any news... need to see what happens with this plz!!

Reactions: JJ

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
Anyone ever get a set?
Sponsored