Why?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I taught my kids - never park next to someone with less to lose than you. This guy is just following my advice.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
OK then, I stand corrected. You didn’t mention that in your post. It sounded like you were telling people to get a handicap placard for other purposes. As you can understand I get a little prickly when it comes to this issue.
I know where your coming from. In Ohio there are two types of cards a red one for lifetime disabilities, and a blue one for temporary ones that has to be renewed every 5 years, if you still qualify. I have a blue one, my wife has a red one that she has had for over 20 years now. Years ago she used to get all kinds of dirty looks from people, especially when she was still younger looking. One time I was with her when some entitled old hag actually said something to us. Needless to say, before I was done with her she was in tears. I got right in her face and yelled at her at the top of my lungs like a drill sergeant. I basically told her we have a handicap tag and it's legal and that's all you f'n need to know. She threatened to call the cops on us and I said go ahead call them, and when they arrest you for making a false report, you'll think twice before you stick your nose in other peoples business.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
To all you holier than thou types; do you think it's ok for people to damage your property and then walk away with impunity? I guess you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This is why I always try to park next to a curb, minimize potential damage. I hate when a douch bag park next to me in the back of the lot when there is plenty of closer parking. Idk what their reasoning is, unless the lot is getting full, fuck off and park somewhere else. Don't be a parking lot dick.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
People are just that way. Some people do things to be assholes.. other times people are just doing things like that because they’re followers... sheep. They see someone doing something, think it’s a good idea, and even though they wouldn’t have done it alone, now think it’s a great idea. Dude probably thought you’d both be safe together.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
One of the many reasons I bought a reliable beater, so I don't have to worry about shit like this all the time. I swear I would be sent to an early grave if my Mustang was the only car I owned lol

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Get some orange construction cones and put all around the surrounding spots of your car, lol

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I try not to draw much attention when I park. Since mine is not a daily, I rarely see a shopping center parking lot. When traveling, I try to find an 'end' spot and park as close to the curb as possible. Otherwise, I look for cars to park next to that are as well taken care of as mine. I got lucky at the Grand Canyon and was able to park between a nice 'Vette and a nice BMW. At convenience stores I'll park at the gas pump even if not buying gas. I will not stop at one that is too busy for me to do this. I try to be considerate.

At the end of the day, I would be upset with a ding that I didn't create. I do have coverage for 7 years on my finish, interior, and wheels, paintless dent repair included.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I know where your coming from. In Ohio there are two types of cards a red one for lifetime disabilities, and a blue one for temporary ones that has to be renewed every 5 years, if you still qualify. I have a blue one, my wife has a red one that she has had for over 20 years now. Years ago she used to get all kinds of dirty looks from people, especially when she was still younger looking. One time I was with her when some entitled old hag actually said something to us. Needless to say, before I was done with her she was in tears. I got right in her face and yelled at her at the top of my lungs like a drill sergeant. I basically told her we have a handicap tag and it's legal and that's all you f'n need to know. She threatened to call the cops on us and I said go ahead call them, and when they arrest you for making a false report, you'll think twice before you stick your nose in other peoples business.
:like::clap::fistbump:

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What you can't see in the picture is the condition of this Hyundai. I had to check my passenger door to just make sure all was good. They parked with enough space to safely open their door. No harm, no foul. If on the other hand something had been damaged on my car then things would have escalated. I'm sure thoughts of retaliatory baseball bats, bricks, and kicking boots would have been going through my mind. This car was clearly owned by someone who was a complete klutz, or did not have the mental capacity to take care of a car. Headlights - taillights all cracked, dents and scratches everywhere. The drivers door looked like someone had played kickball with it already. Maybe they have a habit of pissing people off? This person was clearly fucking with me and not protecting their own property at all. The more sensible thing to do in the case of deliberate or accidental damage to my car would have been to take pictures and report an act of vandalism. But it still would have been fun to wrap up his car in duct tape. You know, just to make sure it stayed together. :wink:

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It baffles me how many or you speak so casually about vandalism to cars that offend your sensibilities. I genuinely hope you get caught and discover you are the ass hole in these stories.
Two things:

1) This is the internet and everyone has anonymity so people feel free to say whatever they want without consequence
2) A lot of people these days are exposed to violence through personal experience, movies, or video games, and become numb to it after awhile

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
What you can't see in the picture is the condition of this Hyundai. I had to check my passenger door to just make sure all was good. They parked with enough space to safely open their door. No harm, no foul. If on the other hand something been damaged on my car then things would have escalated. I'm sure thoughts of retaliatory baseball bats, bricks, and kicking boots would have been going through my mind. This car was clearly owned by someone who was a complete klutz, or did not have the mental capacity to care of a car. Headlights - taillights all cracked, dents and scratches everywhere. The drivers door looked like someone had played kickball with it already. Maybe they have a habit of pissing people off? This person was clearly fucking with me and not protecting their own property at all. The more sensible thing to do in the case of deliberate or accidental damage to my car would have been to take pictures and report an act of vandalism. But it still would have been fun to wrap up his car in duct tape. You know, just to make sure it stayed together. :wink:
What you can't see in the picture is the condition of this Hyundai. I had to check my passenger door to just make sure all was good. They parked with enough space to safely open their door. No harm, no foul. If on the other hand something been damaged on my car then things would have escalated. I'm sure thoughts of retaliatory baseball bats, bricks, and kicking boots would have been going through my mind. This car was clearly owned by someone who was a complete klutz, or did not have the mental capacity to care of a car. Headlights - taillights all cracked, dents and scratches everywhere. The drivers door looked like someone had played kickball with it already. Maybe they have a habit of pissing people off? This person was clearly fucking with me and not protecting their own property at all. The more sensible thing to do in the case of deliberate or accidental damage to my car would have been to take pictures and report an act of vandalism. But it still would have been fun to wrap up his car in duct tape. You know, just to make sure it stayed together. :wink:
Since it looked like a quiet day at the gym this shit-sniffer should not be hard to identify. He's the one who's taking himself way too seriously;, looking at himself in the mirror, headphones on, oblivious to every one and every thing around him. Because of his narcissistic personality he's obsessed with himself and nothing else. You could just walk up to him and aski him why he parked there, explaining you take care of your car the sake way he takes care of his body. This will stroke his feeble and quite possibly steroid fueled mind, and you could wind up friends. But more than likely he may become irate. He may be bigger and stronger than you and consider this a challenge, one that could have negative consequences for you. So it's a gamble,
Since there was no harm the prudent thing is to just hope it doesn't happen again but if it does remember; "security cameras are everywhere". And although, if he came after you, he, like most humans, can be stopped with one brick squarely between the eyes. but again, this could lead to a series of confrontations that could affect you as well as your car. If he does it again it would be clear he's screwing with you, and at that point I'd follow him as carefully as possible ( don't worry too much as he's looking at himself in the mirror, adjusting his gel-laden haircut, ) to his next stop which undoubtedly will be the vitamin store. Once you have his routine down, he's yours. It's at that point you have to decide ( assuming he did in fact damage your car) what is the appropriate response. But remember the golden rule of "getting even"; REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD. Let's hope this was just a one-time thing.
Sponsored