Sponsored

The tire pressure sensors on my car is way off (fair warning) + P2 pics.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a complete test late today. I also compared it to an Auto Pro gauge. The number on your dash is nothing like I found.

2019 GT350:
Voodoo7.JPG

The final air pressure numbers on the car computer are not what you think. I could lower on tire and reboot the computer, and the opposite would show. I say do not trust the air sensors inside your tires.

The Michelin P2 tires are excellent. You can also see the aluminum hat with the 6-piston Brembo brakes.
Voodoo7b (1024x779).jpg
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
did you drive the car after each change? it takes a while for mine to register the new pressures when i switch to track wheels.... even on track it takes a while for the pressures to show the accurate readings as things heat up....

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
did you drive the car after each change? it takes a while for mine to register the new pressures when i switch to track wheels.... even on track it takes a while for the pressures to show the accurate readings as things heat up....
Yes, I know the tires gain pressure after a few laps. I have had a racing license since 1991.

I am comparing cold tires on a 78 degree day with a certified Auto Pro air pressure gauge. I am using the same air gauge on every tire to compare the computer reading. It isn't correct.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Yes, I know the tires gain pressure after a few laps. I have had a racing license since 1991.

I am comparing cold tires on a 78 degree day with a certified Auto Pro air pressure gauge. I am using the same air gauge on every tire to compare the computer reading. It isn't correct.
I think you missed my actual question, are you driving the car after you made a pressure change? my point wasnt that the pressures change, but more that it takes the car a bit of time being driven before the changes will register on the display... not sure what rebooting the computer means, but pretty sure that won't get the pressures to be re-read accurately.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
for what it's worth, my display is always 2 psi off my hand held gauge, and is dead on to my buddies liquid filled higher priced gauge.... knowing it's 2 psi off mine is enough to make changes easy at least...

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I have multiple gauges and find the readings on the TPMS to be quite accurate, actually. The opposite of your results. Maybe you could share what the differential is between your gauge and the TPMS readings. Perhaps Ford initiated a change for your model year.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Same here...pretty darn accurate. In fact, surprisingly so. I always thought TPMS was a ballpark type thing focuesd on safety, but such has not been the case with this car. I grew tired of doing spot on comparisons and now just use the dash.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
for what it's worth, my display is always 2 psi off my hand held gauge, and is dead on to my buddies liquid filled higher priced gauge.... knowing it's 2 psi off mine is enough to make changes easy at least...
You will agree that the temps on the car computer are off by 2 Psi? OK, I agree. Now, I say each computer sensor is not perfectly aligned with each other so I say you need better numbers.

Proper air pressure in a tire helps to distribute the weight of a vehicle evenly across the tire's tread pattern, so the tire (and the vehicle) is at its most stable position.

I can't exactly remember your car in HSR and SVRA races over the last 20 years? Here is my car:
Seb2009Fall-2m.jpg

It has won vintage races at Sebring, Watkins Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta, and VIR.
GlenWin.jpg

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
No, I'm saying they are 2 psi off consistently from my cheap gauge and dead nuts accurate to my buddies higher dollar gauge across the board.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
No, I'm saying they are 2 psi off consistently from my cheap gauge and dead nuts accurate to my buddies higher dollar gauge across the board.
I say that the pressures are not that consistent. It's just an internet message board opinion. I say we all will lose a lot of money but have a lot of fun on the car. It's more fun than deprecation.

I am glad that I placed the front (rear) wheel barriers barriers as shown above. The front C2 tires throw a lot of dirt and rocks. It's good to have a block for cars on the street.
Voodoo7b (1024x779).jpg

The block is behind the front tire and seals off the lower front fender. In track events, you just push 'em out and enjoy the track down-force.

Sponsored

FightingFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
As i said in another thread.

The TMPS Sensors are a safety measure, telling you if smth is wrong, like a slow puncture, not to give you exact numbers.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
As i said in another thread.

The TMPS Sensors are a safety measure, telling you if smth is wrong, like a slow puncture, not to give you exact numbers.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but like others in this thread my TPMS are always in agreement with my good gauge (and read about 2psi off my crappy gauge, but I already know to account for the fact that that gauge reads low).

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
The OP's threads always crack me up. Thanks for the entertainment.
Thanks
If you are on a message board, it is required that you bring something entertaining. The google robots will otherwise ignore us, and the solid shit that is the 2019 Mustang Cobra GT350 may be ignored.

I mentioned the brakes, but the car has a great stance and is really better than the 2019 Corvette ZR1 which is twice the price than the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350:.

The new supposed C8 is supposed to to be all new mid-engine with a $60K MSRP. :headbang:

I figure $90K for the basic car for your wife and $130K for the fast one.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Wait, there is a new Corvette coming!!!
How the hell did I miss that?!
Sponsored