Should I be concerned??

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Ragtop
Ok, yesterday we were on a poker run, beautiful weather, perfect day.
Decided to stretch the 5.0 legs, and do a run in Dragstrip Mode. Left the traction control on since wasn’t looking to melt tires. So, when I launched the car, pulled like crazy through 1st, small tire chirp into 2nd, then it fell flat on its face with barely enough power to move itself. No lights, didn’t recall any Advancetrac warning, just no power. Almost felt like limp mode. But once I hit the gas again, it was back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone before, or could it possibly have been the Advancetrac flipping out about breaking traction when shifting?

It ran absolutely fine the rest of the day.

Car is an A10 2018 with only a Lund 93 tune, JLT, and Roush exhaust.
Sponsored

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
See if you can reproduce it under the same or similar driving conditions. If so then datalog the tune and send it to Lund. They should be able to diagnose if it is a fuel delivery issue or something else.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ok, yesterday we were on a poker run, beautiful weather, perfect day.
Decided to stretch the 5.0 legs, and do a run in Dragstrip Mode. Left the traction control on since wasn’t looking to melt tires. So, when I launched the car, pulled like crazy through 1st, small tire chirp into 2nd, then it fell flat on its face with barely enough power to move itself. No lights, didn’t recall any Advancetrac warning, just no power. Almost felt like limp mode. But once I hit the gas again, it was back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone before, or could it possibly have been the Advancetrac flipping out about breaking traction when shifting?

It ran absolutely fine the rest of the day.

Car is an A10 2018 with only a Lund 93 tune, JLT, and Roush exhaust.
datalog it duplicating the problem and send it to Lund. Tell them the scenario.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Try it again with advance trac off. Even though the 2nd gear wheel spin was only a chirp, it could have engaged the nanny due to the speed and possible slight rear end wiggle. The CAR'S rear end wiggle....that is....

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Datalog and look for knock. The only time my car felt like it fell flat on its face was from timing being pulled due to knock

OP
OP
Jpol908

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Datalog and look for knock. The only time my car felt like it fell flat on its face was from timing being pulled due to knock
Definitely no knock. I watch that pretty close with the NGauge. Will have to try to duplicate when the roads are dry.

OP
OP
Jpol908

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jpol908

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Try it again with advance trac off. Even though the 2nd gear wheel spin was only a chirp, it could have engaged the nanny due to the speed and possible slight rear end wiggle. The CAR'S rear end wiggle....that is....
That’s what I’m kinda thinking. I’ve done sprints in Dragstrip mode before without disabling the nannys, I don’t think it broke traction between shifts, definitely bouncing off redline with the gauges flashing red, but no reduction in power.
I’ve had the tune for over a year with no issues. Car tends to sit for 2-3 weeks at a time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Definitely gonna try to duplicate with datalog to be safe.

Gotta keep it healthy, going Paxton this November.

OP
OP
Jpol908

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I’m kinda thinking. I’ve done sprints in Dragstrip mode before without disabling the nannys, I don’t think it broke traction between shifts, definitely bouncing off redline with the gauges flashing red, but no reduction in power.
I’ve had the tune for over a year with no issues. Car tends to sit for 2-3 weeks at a time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Definitely gonna try to duplicate with datalog to be safe.

Gotta keep it healthy, going Paxton this November.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
My car does the same thing due to the rev limiter.
Sponsored