boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I hate you. :explode:

I can't get enough twist in my foot to do that at 50mph anymore.

For Heavens sake, will some performance shop please figure out how to upgrade the 2018's to have the 2019 OEM rev match setup?!?!?!
:) According to the '19 service manual there is a shift sensor box on top of the xmsn, it has six wires to tell the PCM what gear it is in. I do not know if the sensor box is on the '18s or not or if the xmsn is different.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Rev match works fine for me and I have had manual xmsn cars since the '70s. To avoid looking (sounding) like a dork at parking lot speed I double clutch into 1st so the rev match doesn't activate.
Double clutch still activates rev match for me. Once you throw it into a gate of a gear, revs get matched.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I saw one tuner mention they disable Rev-match in their tune. Think it was something about it adding throttle delay? I drive with it on. Just makes it a bit easier around town. I utterly hate Hill Assist.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Over the weekend I was rolling up to a stoplight and putting it into first, didn't quite make it in gear the first time (my fault) so it ended up double rev matching first gear at the stop light.

Sounded kinda badass really.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Over the weekend I was rolling up to a stoplight and putting it into first, didn't quite make it in gear the first time (my fault) so it ended up double rev matching first gear at the stop light.

Sounded kinda badass really.
This where I think rev matching may actually save you. Let's say you're cruising along at 60mph in 5th on a spirited mountain drive, and wanted to engine brake for a sharp curve coming up. So, you do a fast 5-3 to start slowing down, but accidently hit 1st. The sudden 7,000rpm scream may save your kiester, before you pop that clutch and possibly blow out a drive shaft. Not that I've ever seen this before....:angel:

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Double clutch still activates rev match for me. Once you throw it into a gate of a gear, revs get matched.
Hmm, I'll try it again, maybe I did something else.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I am assuming they can't add rev match to the gt350 because of the Tremec? I wish they had that option, as well as the digital dash. And why is the awesome highland green paint and stitching on the seat Bullit only? I know.... because people will pay more to feel their car is unique and special (even if there are a lot of them) so they have to hold certain things for certain editions..Calf Special, etc . While I love my GT350, I have endless respect for all the Mustangs....GT, Bullit, etc etc. and I find it interesting you can't "option out" or "Buy" your way to all the options. I guess we get the flat plane crank engine on this side of the pond, but you guys get cool stuff as well we don't

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I am assuming they can't add rev match to the gt350 because of the Tremec? I wish they had that option, as well as the digital dash. And why is the awesome highland green paint and stitching on the seat Bullit only? I know.... because people will pay more to feel their car is unique and special (even if there are a lot of them) so they have to hold certain things for certain editions..Calf Special, etc . While I love my GT350, I have endless respect for all the Mustangs....GT, Bullit, etc etc. and I find it interesting you can't "option out" or "Buy" your way to all the options. I guess we get the flat plane crank engine on this side of the pond, but you guys get cool stuff as well we don't
i kind of agree on the Green. If they made DHG and green stitch on every mustang for say $750 as a package they likely would have made a lot more over all that just selling Bullitts. Same with Wimbledon White. I also don't get why you cant get the PPL2 on the BULLITT just with the smaller BULLITT wheels.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I love the bullit and came realllllly close to buying one. But there are a few plusses and a few minus to all the various Mustang versions, I guess on purpose. But the green is one of the strong points for me on that one

Last edited:

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I've been trying to turn off the rev match on my auto 10 speed and can't find the option in my track apps. I can't seem to locate it.

Did they miss this option on the 2019 10sp autos pp1 ?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is an option for the manual gearbox.
If, and how, an automatic gearbox matches the revs is part of its internal gear shifting strategy, its intrinsic way of working. You can't disable that.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Auto rev match is also standard on the gt500 ( it has the 7 speed dual clutch auto). It works well. Even if you could turn it off, why would you want to?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Auto rev match is also standard on the gt500 ( it has the 7 speed dual clutch auto). It works well.
In a two-pedal car you don't have the ability to manually coordinate clutch engagement with throttle use. Since it's not realistic to expect the driver to be able to time his right foot to what the computer is telling the clutch what to do, you pretty much have to hand the throttle kick/rev-match over to the electronics as well.

Even if you could turn it off, why would you want to?
Because (in a 3-pedal car) it doesn't do anything I can't do all by myself. I'd rather own the skill - imperfect though it certainly is - than have it done for me, relegating me a small step toward co-pilot status.

50 years' muscle memory specific to this rev-matching thing just might have something to do with it.

Norm