Sponsored

Official AFD E85 "ProFlex Commander" with New Harness

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Does anyone have any device that can show spark advance? I'm curious how much timing the stock pcm is giving you guys. The lund tune does 31 deg at WOT with E80 in the tank.
Sponsored

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
i'm now at around e81-e82 on this tank. my experience up to this point, as of right now, is also more tempered. i'm getting a few "pows" more than i would like still, especially upshifting from 2nd to 3rd. i can force that loud bang if i slowly rev the car up to say 4k rpms in 2nd, then do a casual shift into 3rd. usually i'll get a "pow!", though not always. but that is when i most get them, at those parameters. i want to say with lower ethanol, i dont get that pow sound as much under the same 2nd-3rd shift.

overall still, i think the car is making more power and the convenience to flex my fuel is nice. i'll probably run 91 octane (what we get here in so-cal) every so often, especially in the winter.

one thing though: i am not regularly redlining the car and pushing it to the max. i just dont have the roads around my busy area and streets. in fact, i probably have only taken this set up to redline 2x since i got the commander. just for the record.
Backfiring on e85 is fairly normal I wouldn't worry about it. the lund tune does it occasionally also, similiar scenarios getting in and out of throttle or between shifts every so often.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Backfiring on e85 is fairly normal I wouldn't worry about it. the lund tune does it occasionally also, similiar scenarios getting in and out of throttle or between shifts every so often.
also, i think i've lost a lot of those blips and burbles when decelerating in gear. actually not too happy about that...

Matthew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Grey GT350
Has anyone had an issue with the app where it is stuck at the scanning screen? It is noted in the play store reviews. Is there a fix? I can see the commander on bluetooth as "Dual-SPP".

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had an issue with the app where it is stuck at the scanning screen? It is noted in the play store reviews. Is there a fix? I can see the commander on bluetooth as "Dual-SPP".
Google the YouTube video about proflex commander and app. you need to allow permissions for the app and not just general permissions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
i'm at e80 and man i miss those burbles and blips. i cant recreate that noise at e80. it's just gone. i do get the "pows!" on upshifting still once in a while, and it's not my favorite noise. anyway, i'm gonna empty this e80 tank and fill up with 91 and see if my burbles, gurgles, blips, or whatever that precious sweet Jesus sound is called that i used to get.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
i'm at e80 and man i miss those burbles and blips. i cant recreate that noise at e80. it's just gone. i do get the "pows!" on upshifting still once in a while, and it's not my favorite noise. anyway, i'm gonna empty this e80 tank and fill up with 91 and see if my burbles, gurgles, blips, or whatever that precious sweet Jesus sound is called that i used to get.
Wow, that’s a huge negative!! Do you have the Lund or AFD, or? I wouldn’t sacrifice the sounds for a little more hp...those sounds are the character and soul of the car!

Let us know if 91 fixes it.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that’s a huge negative!! Do you have the Lund or AFD, or? I wouldn’t sacrifice the sounds for a little more hp...those sounds are the character and soul of the car!

Let us know if 91 fixes it.
yeah this is with the AFD proflex commander. if i could have the burps/blips/gurgling/whatever they are called using e80 and not have those "pows!" on upshifting, i'd be a happy camper. those are my two negatives so far with the proflex.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
im curious why you fellows went with this 1k dollar device that doesn't change the timing/spark advance of the car?? instead of a true e85 tune?

Sponsored

Matthew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Grey GT350
Installed the Proflex a few days ago. Ran on 93 till today to make sure everything was good to go. Took her to a local tuner and got her on the dyno. Did 2 runs on 93 (was almost empty) and then added 10 gal of e85 did 2 more runs. Content came to about 70-72%. Made 487hp and 416ft/lbs on 93 and 496hp and 420ish ft/lbs on e70. I say ish because the dyno had a few torque spikes on the second ethanol run. Long story short, no codes, no strange behavior since putting ethanol in the tank. Made more on 93 than expected and gained less than expected on ethanol. Power mods are Bline cat delete and Borla Atak. No tune. Not willing to risk the warentee at this time.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the clarification. so it looks like you gained about 10 hp over 93 octane running about e70. gray at AFD says we'll gain the most hp between 65-80 ethanol content. so you're getting about the max we can get at e70'ish. 10 freaking hp lol. since i run 91 octane, i am going to say i gain about 12 hp :sunglasses:

AFD says with intake and tune they got 51hp gain from 93 to e80: https://www.advancedfueldynamics.co...der-for-ford-mustang-gt350-and-gt350r-voodoo/

such a big difference. they also told me via email expect 30hp gain on a stock gt350/r. i guess we need more data points and dyno runs. but thanks for contributing.
Sponsored