GT PP Brake bleed order ?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
For the life of me I can't find the thread. Someone had posted what the bleed instructions were from the Ford service manual .

I have read that the bleed order is ( the same as all cars ) furthest from MC to neared , RR , LR , RF , LF . Since we have 2 bleeders in the front though I read it's RF ( inner , outer , inner again ) then LF . Is that correct ? Does anyone have the page from the service manual ?
Sponsored

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
You are spot on. I think I bled mine for like 30-40 seconds per valve.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
For the life of me I can't find the thread. Someone had posted what the bleed instructions were from the Ford service manual .

I have read that the bleed order is ( the same as all cars ) furthest from MC to neared , RR , LR , RF , LF . Since we have 2 bleeders in the front though I read it's RF ( inner , outer , inner again ) then LF . Is that correct ? Does anyone have the page from the service manual ?
That's what in my CD-ROM copy of the 2008 shop manual. I can't think of a good reason for them to have changed it, while I have heard of difficulties elsewhere when omitting the second 'inner' bleedings.

Norm

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Does bleeding 2019 PP2 brake system take about the same amount of fluid as the old S197 Brembo's?

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I did mine in the above order , I ran 2 bottles through .

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I've only done outter then inner on the pp Brembos. Not sure why the repeat is required...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I've only done outter then inner on the pp Brembos. Not sure why the repeat is required...
Outer first? That would be different than instructions for Brembos that I've seen.

Best guess I have for the inner-outer-inner again sequence is that at the beginning of the outside bleed a small air bubble could conceivably migrate back into the inside. Maybe not too likely, just possible.

Norm

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Outer first? That would be different than instructions for Brembos that I've seen.

Best guess I have for the inner-outer-inner again sequence is that at the beginning of the outside bleed a small air bubble could conceivably migrate back into the inside. Maybe not too likely, just possible.

Norm
Outer is downstream from the inner so it would follow the process of furthest from master cylinder first. At least that was my reasoning. Hasn't been an issue...

My guess is they want the inner bled to flush out any debris on the inner side before it gets pushed over to the outer side. Considering I bleed frequently and the power bleeder doesn't provide that much flow I'm not that worried about debris migration.
Sponsored