Need you guys help.. Going from 2017 to 2019 Gt

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Okay guys so I traded in my 2017 mustang GT for a 2019 mustang GT 10 speed. I blew my motor twice and I blew it again after only one week of having the new motor in. So I gave up and I'm getting rid of it and I traded it in. I have until Monday to take out the 18 digital cluster, the radio and the Paxton supercharger. how hard is it to take off all of the supercharger parts and try to bring it back to stock as much as possible? And can I take out the 18 cluster and put back in the original cluster and everything will work correctly?
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
If you have all the stock parts it should all go back together with no problems. The guage cluster is programmed to the VIN.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Gawd damn son. Who’s doing your tuning? That you’ve blown an engine 3 different times?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
If you’re planning on running the same tune and setup it’s doubtful that moving to a 2019 will help as you’ve blown two engines so it’s obviously not the car.

To echo what has already been asked, where did you get your tune? What was your setup?

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Um, yea i think you need to slow down a bit and refocus. Something is causing your engine failures and it has to be related to either something with your SC, something in your tune, or even just you yourself. Another thing you said you already traded it in? So did the dealership do an evaluation of your car and give you a price for it already, papers drawn up, etc? Because bringing back to them a car that is significantly different can alter all that. As far as the cluster, Mileage is programmed to the cluster, so if you swap the OEM back in they will notice right away the mileage changed, and to top that off you are only screwing over the next guy. Pretty shady if you ask me. Personally, id return it to stock, leave the cluster, and look into why your shit is blowing up. Odds are the same results will happen on your 2019 and youll be shit out of luck on a brand new, no warranty car. Good luck.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I swear if its another BAMA tune..

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
I blew the motor twice.

First time on e85 with 806 whp. Dtp racing locally tuned
Blew to ringlands in two cylinders. guy that built my motor said it looks like it was not tune related and just happened to be my luck with the power I was pushing. I was going at it for about 9 months of beating on e85.

2nd time blew it on 93. Lund racing tuned. Wasn't Lund racings fault. My ATI balancer bolt came out. Don't exactly know how, but it did. Me and my buddy are the ones who put back in my motor and we did turn the balancer bolt to get on the AC belt and the supercharger pulley belt. But we did not turn it counterclockwise to loosen up the bolt. The guy who built my motor is very reputable around my area.

Last edited:

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
This is why I would never buy a used sports/muscle car.....

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So you are trading it in with a blown motor, because I don't think a 2019 is going to solve your problems. lol

Luce202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luce
Vehicle(s)
2015 fbo/paxton auto, 2015 fbo stick.
What type of driving do you typically do? Roll Racing with long pulls to high speeds? Just curious as that's really horrible luck.
Sponsored