Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I make about 330whp and 430wtq on the hit at 4000 rpm at 40mph with a P1sc on my pump gas/torco tunes 6r80/3.55 car. I’ve ran a good number of cars, PD coyotes, centri coyotes, PD and centri Gm cars, m3’s tuned on E85, turbo upgraded AMG cars, big cubic in GM NA Cars, at around my same power level. None have really gotten out on me. Some making up a considerable amount more torque down low. I still don’t understand the “no power down low” mentality. It’s like they expect a small cubic in high revving V8 to make tire shredding torque at part throttle at 2500 rpm.
Well yes, I can’t speak for others but I do expect a 5.0 with 12psi boost to be able to pull the skin off a rice pudding at lower revs.
Let’s be real, at 4k you’re making about 2/3rds the power of a similarly equipped TVS. (If the numbers you quoted were with octane booster in the tank, the is even larger)
The TVS is hilarious fun because you can stand on it at 3k in taller gears and make smoke instantly if you choose to.
Horses for courses of course, but personally, I’d hate to spend that kind of money and still be having to drive it as if it was a Japanese 4 pot screamer.
@BrianGT2015
IMO as a manual guy, the question you need to ask yourself is this-
Do you want a car that needs to be kept on the boil at all times, or, would you prefer some effortless power?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So you think that a centrifugal hits as hard down low as a tvs based off of one race vs a completely different car with unknown mods. What you describe sounds like a typical centri car, you were even at first and started to pull away once you get in the power band cause you make more power.... later. Take a ride in my tvs car, 2nd gear 40 roll on a tire. So hard off the hit most of the time cars with more power than me still don't come around me until after at least 130. I make over 800 wheel, so it doesn't happen often.
To the contrary. I do think a pd has more hit down low, but that also depends on how much power your making vs the other car. I was just saying, if the power levels are similiar, its not that big a difference in a wot race. It's not like the centri is falling back.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Well yes, I can’t speak for others but I do expect a 5.0 with 12psi boost to be able to pull the skin off a rice pudding at lower revs.
Let’s be real, at 4k you’re making about 2/3rds the power of a similarly equipped TVS. (If the numbers you quoted were with octane booster in the tank, the is even larger)
The TVS is hilarious fun because you can stand on it at 3k in taller gears and make smoke instantly if you choose to.
Horses for courses of course, but personally, I’d hate to spend that kind of money and still be having to drive it as if it was a Japanese 4 pot screamer.
@BrianGT2015
IMO as a manual guy, the question you need to ask yourself is this-
Do you want a car that needs to be kept on the boil at all times, or, would you prefer some effortless power?
And that’s fine, I don’t doubt the TVS would make decent power down low. But we don’t race from 2500-4500 RPMs.
I agree that a TVS even with longer gears would get going nicely from 3000rpm. But what performance measure is that?
I don’t have to drive my car at 5000rpm to get it moving, it actually does ok.
I have my reasons for picking the centri. All kits have their pros n cons.

I think the OP decided based on other thread that he’s down to TT kit or VMP gen 3. Based on his goals I said go VMP. It will easily meet what he’s looking to get out of the car.

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Oh boy not that thread. Lol

In my opinion that’s not a very fun powerband in a coyote.
What happened to the nitrous car in that thread?

$3,000-4,000 vs $10,000 for similar power and fun on the highway or at the drag strip.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No one ever factors in the 80 bucks every time you have to fill the bottle up. Pay up front for boost. Or pay down the road nitrous.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

$3,000-4,000 vs $10,000 for similar power and fun on the highway or at the drag strip.
You can read it. 10000? Similar power?? All assumptions he made to defend his argument. I hope that's not his dyno you posted because that's pathetic.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

You forgot fuel and gas for travel to refill the bottle every time it runs out as well as the bottle refill itself. Adds up over time. A 150 shot that might get you to the same level on a Coyote will last you h
I’m have about $5k in my entire set up including fuel.

So yeah... hard pass on nitrous lol.
On a 150 shot the rough esitmate is 5-10 1/4 mile hits on a 10lb bottle. Nitrous selling in my area at $4 a pound makes that $40 or $4 a hit. I could spend that on a Saturday just playing around on entrance ramps and back roads. 52 Saturdays in a year and that's $2000. So lets say 1500 a year. At 4-5K for the setup and then just a 1000 a year in giggle gas it quickly adds up. I like having HP on demand and not finding myself on a short leash because the bottle went empty, or I forgot to turn the heater or open the bottle valve or a solenoid sticks...etc. Looking further than the initial cost its a win on the FI IMHO.

Sponsored

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Im on 69mm pulley and E85. Last time I dynoed I was on a 72 mm pulley, I made 787 hp 646 tq. I changed to a 69 since, so Id guess I am just over 800 wheel now 650 something tq. Im not trying to say that centris are junk at all, dont get me wrong they make amazing power. But when I see somebody say they are as hard as a tvs off the hit I have to say something lol.
I would love to race your car to see how it compares with the tvs or even whipple but unfortunately, I'm all the way at the east coast and real north too. lol.. My centri car is at 800 wheel on E-85. I had PD blower and twin turbo before but with the Centri is more forgivable when it comes to getting traction. I love my JT and my twin turbo coyote was faster but it suffered from getting proper traction everywhere especially in my area where the track prep sucks... I do not miss turbo or PD at all because there still lots of room to grow with the JT and it also sounds a lot better then the rest imo.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Not going with the gas. I thought about it. To mich of a hassel to fill around here

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Honest opinion... It doesn't really matter.

Any of those options aside from nitrous is gonna put u in the 600-700 whp club. I have never seen someone with a car that powerful complain about power delivery...

Get whatever u can afford and the aesthetic you prefer.

Supercharger kits are awesome because they are cheap and easier to install. If u have long tubes and exhaust they wont need to be replaced. Plus some kits come with tunes so no need to visit a dyno.

Twin turbo is awesome too but you really need to build the motor to really take advantage of it. And the problem no one talks about is the heat and boost leak issues... In all honesty I do not recommend turbocharging a NA car. If you want turbo get one that came with it.

As for nitrous its a whole lot of fun with little drawbacks and its cheap...

Personally i think all motor is better than all of them... Forced induction is cool but I prefer to get in press the button and go drive verses constantly fixing some random shit that breaks or worry about being stranded on the highway everytime I go out to get a sandwich...

With A FBO NA car you never have to worry about shit and you can put down high 400s run low 12s high 11s which is freaking powerful...add nitrous Its even better. If u want to go faster and stay reliable buy a Suzuki GSXr or a Honda 1000RR... Those bikes run low 10s all day long and actually turn...

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Its your money spend it however you want... But having done motor builds and turbo swaps in the past. Theres nothing quite like being able to just turn on a car and just drive it...

No matter what you do to a car it's never going to be enough...
Sponsored