Sponsored

Dipstick Pops Out During Track Sessions (Solved)

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
maybe a vented catch can setup could prevent? Or a vented oil fill cap? I really dont know though.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I did the O-ring replacement on a different car. So I have no idea what the Ford size is. I have had no issues with my GT350 dipstick yet.
Gotcha
I would like to find a replacement with dual o-rings. Just moving to aluminum is not going to make a huge difference. Although it would look much cooler. ;)
Check out that link I posted...

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go with an issue on the engine vent system. All engines need to vent air which currently requires complicated emissions legal venting processes.

I'd try a smaller dipstick seal to see if that cures it (the internal pressure escapes w/o blowing out the dipstick). If that works, the Ford technician can look to the emissions venting system (it by law is warranted for 10 years).

--I bought an old pre-emission car once, and I got a great price because it ran like shit. The owner had plugged all of the vents. I cut open the rubber hose on one plug, and it ran great.---

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
This was a common issue in the viper racing league. We did not have O-rings on our dipsticks. We simply used zip-ties to secure the dipstick in place.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
This was a common issue in the viper racing league. We did not have O-rings on our dipsticks. We simply used zip-ties to secure the dipstick in place.
It would have been better to secure it a with a spring rather than a zip-tie. The spring mounted device would work as well with a better looking solution.

And some racers wonder why the Fiat-owned Viper is not produced anymore?

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine just did this for the first time a few days ago but in normal high paced Atlanta driving. 23k on a 17

OP
OP

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thanks for all of the replies guys.

I ordered the Cravenspeed dipstick handle replacement and installed it. It seems much tighter than the factory dipstick handle. I will report back next week to let you guys know if it pops out during this coming weekend's track event.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks for all of the replies guys.

I ordered the Cravenspeed dipstick handle replacement and installed it. It seems much tighter than the factory dipstick handle. I will report back next week to let you guys know if it pops out during this coming weekend's track event.
Did you have any issues installing the new handle? Same length when compared to the OEM? Secure?

Thanks!

OP
OP

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Did you have any issues installing the new handle? Same length when compared to the OEM? Secure?

Thanks!
I did not have any issues installing the Cravenspeed handle. The section that is inserted looks to be the same length as the original. It seems much tighter than the factory dipstick handle, so I guess it is secure, but I will know more after this weekend.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Unfortunately, the Cravenspeed dipstick handle did not solve the popping out problem. Even though it feels very tight and secure when in the dispstick tube, the dipstick still popped out during each track session.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I would recommend looking at the oil separators to see if the hoses are kinked. I recall some people reversing the hoses to make a less abrupt transition.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
^ yes, my FP passenger separator hose is reversed for that very reason

OP
OP

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I would recommend looking at the oil separators to see if the hoses are kinked. I recall some people reversing the hoses to make a less abrupt transition.
Those hoses are very stiff, and can't be bent or kinked without a lot of force. Mine are not kinked.

^ yes, my FP passenger separator hose is reversed for that very reason
It doesn't look like the Ford Performance hoses can be reversed. Are yours the Ford Performance hoses? If so, can you please post a picture to illustrate how they can be reversed?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Those hoses are very stiff, and can't be bent or kinked without a lot of force. Mine are not kinked.

It doesn't look like the Ford Performance hose can be reversed. Are yours the Ford Performance hoses? If so, can you please post a picture to illustrate how they can be reversed?
The instructions from Ford show the passenger side install. Just about everyone agrees that it would better if the hose was reversed from what is shown in the picture. Hose connectors are the same on each side so no problem doing it the either way.
Sponsored