Sponsored

Dipstick Pops Out During Track Sessions (Solved)

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have a 2019 GT 350 with approximately 1900 miles on it. The vehicle has been to the track twice (beginner/novice sessions), and after each track session, I have noticed that the dipstick (otherwise known as the "Indicator Assy - Oil Level") has popped out and is resting in the oil level indicator tube. The only engine mods are the Ford Performance Oil-Air Separators on both the driver's and passenger's side. Any thoughts on why the dipstick keeps popping out?
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
High crankcase pressure caused by something. Oil consumption is normal?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Is there an oil separater? If so is it full or plugged? If not is your breather ventilation tubes blocked?

OP
OP

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
High crankcase pressure caused by something. Oil consumption is normal?
No oil consumption.

Is there an oil separater? If so is it full or plugged? If not is your breather ventilation tubes blocked?
Oil separators on both driver's and passenger's side. Before the track sessions, they were both empty. After track day, the passenger's side had about 1/4". Nothing on driver's side. I will have to check the breather ventilation tubes; what would they be blocked with?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Check the O-ring. If it is comprised then higher pressure will cause it to pop. Had this happen on another car. Replaced with a new one and all good.

Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Agree, most probably the o-ring. Have seen this happening to another GT350 on the track. Replaced with a new ring and was solved. Was a little tricky to find the right replacement size. Maybe going to Ford for OEM replacement ? Good luck.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Check the O-ring. If it is comprised then higher pressure will cause it to pop. Had this happen on another car. Replaced with a new one and all good.
Yup. With the frequency some check their oil, I’m surprised this isn’t more of an issue.

Curious, did they give you a new stick or just the O-Ring?

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. With the frequency some check their oil, I’m surprised this isn’t more of an issue.

Curious, did they give you a new stick or just the O-Ring?
I have a box with many different sized O-rings. I just found one that fit.

On a different car I found a vendor that made a super nice aluminum version that had dual O-rings. I would love to have something similar to that for the GT350. The company only build stuff for European cars.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I have a box with many different sized O-rings. I just found one that fit.

On a different car I found a vendor that made a super nice aluminum version that had dual O-rings. I would love to have something similar to that for the GT350. The company only build stuff for European cars.
What size fit?

Also, I just heard back from Cravenspeed (the manufacturer of the Amazon link posted earlier).

It’s an aluminum product with dual o rings.

They say they haven’t tested it on the Voodoo but are confident “it should not be affected by the considerable vibrations. ”

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size fit?

Also, I just heard back from Cravenspeed (the manufacturer of the Amazon link posted earlier).

It’s an aluminum product with dual o rings.

They say they haven’t tested it on the Voodoo but are confident “it should not be affected by the considerable vibrations. ”
I did the O-ring replacement on a different car. So I have no idea what the Ford size is. I have had no issues with my GT350 dipstick yet.

I would like to find a replacement with dual o-rings. Just moving to aluminum is not going to make a huge difference. Although it would look much cooler. ;)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I did the O-ring replacement on a different car. So I have no idea what the Ford size is. I have had no issues with my GT350 dipstick yet.

I would like to find a replacement with dual o-rings. Just moving to aluminum is not going to make a huge difference. Although it would look much cooler. ;)
And be nice and hot on your hand!

Thinking medallion from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Sponsored