Sponsored

Got my car back last Thursday after 147 days post-accident. Traded in..

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking car :like:
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Traded in and you traded up. Money be damned, you're going to love this one. Congrats!

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
was there any diminished value for the trade in ?
Yeah, I had it appraised and the paperwork is being done now to submit it, it's being submitted for $8,000 in DV. Not that I expect to get that much, but....worth a shot.

Some more observations.

- The 2019 horn is a joke, I will not be touching that again until the dual-tone horn arrives
- The gear shift seems to wiggle a bit when clutching in a mid-high RPMs in the lower gears. My 18 didn't do that, "normal" operating behavior?

Last edited:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, I had it appraised and the paperwork is being done now to submit it, it's being submitted for $8,000 in DV. Not that I expect to get that much, but....worth a shot.
I meant at trade-in. Accident show up on the carfax?

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I meant at trade-in. Accident show up on the carfax?
Oh, yeah, the carfax shows the accident and they gave me below the 'rough' trade value, but it was still $5,000 more than the dealer who did all of the repair work offered me.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Keep your expectations low for sure. Insurance companies will screw you hard on that knowing you are not willing to get a lawyer involved. You will probably get $2K max.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
my car is STILL in the shop. nearly over 3 months now =(

I did find a new pp2 with all the same options and color as mine though

Waiting SUCKS.

Hopefully i dont get shafted on my diminished value claim.

I wonder how much ill get selling it to carmax. sticker MSRP was a bit over 51k. I have about 6k miles on it...

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Speaking of chrome badges (I replaced mine ASAP), Ford should use black badges (they already have and use with the Black Accent package) with the PP1 package, I mean, it's got __black__ wheels standard. I'd bet that the people who buy PP1 cars would like 80-85% prefer black badges over the chrome.
Or offer black accent package on top of the performance package. It would be cheaper since it’s only badges and not the wheels.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
At least you guys can make diminished value claims. No such thing up here in Canada.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Rather nice!

Each time I see a Mustang like this, I wish mine did not have the spoiler.
Honestly, I just don't think the spoiler is needed, and the car looks much nicer, to me, without it. Or, even with that low thin spoiler (had one on my 2017)...
Nope - I see this car as missing the spoiler - I much rather have the spoiler.

I can't get enough of this Mustang - one of the most beautiful - with the exception of the ugly rims:

OP's car is beautiful though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I've always preferred the spoiler-less look. Took it off of my 2000, ordered my 18 without one and lucked out finding this car without one. Don't like the rear view obstruction and they are usually just cosmetic, I really don't think the PP spoiler does anything for down-force. The PP2 spoiler is nice though since it's barely noticeable.

I think the PP1 spoiler would have looked a lot better if it didn't have the pedestals in the center, just has a lot going on.

LinkRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP
For this!

Kona will always hold a special place in my heart but VB is quickly growing on me. The car has the same options mine had but no enhanced security package, but it has PP1 and magneride...so I think I'll live.

Magneride is pretty amazing, I haven't even really done much with it yet.

Some immediate things I've noticed...

- Forgot how much the MT-82 sucks without a clutch spring and BG Shift fluid swap
- B&O sounds better than Shaker Pro
- Is there not a way to digitally display the RPM in 2019+? Seeing the gear is kinda nice, but seeing RPMs in massive numbers is a little more useful (nvm on that, found it in the settings!)
Hi Kevin08,

Where in the settings did you find the option to display the RPMs? I can't find it in my digital dash. Is a MT option only? Thanks!

Rich S.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Hey Rich,

Go to setting (button with 2 gears) > Advanced Settings > Display Setup > Tachometer Display

In there I have an option for Gear, RPM, or None
IMG-6705.JPG

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice car, congrats! Love the color (I have LB, which is similar).

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Beautiful car. Now you need some chrome wheels to match that side badge.
2dEmfdP.gif
Yeah, I'm debating on going black badges on my PP2. With the other black accents I think it would look better than chrome. The only other things in chrome are the lug nuts, front pony and rear GT. I've already swapped lugs out with open ended lug nuts since I've added extended wheel studs. I plan to buy new upper (pony less) and lower grilles at some point and will likely just do a blank decklid panel.

Rather nice!

Each time I see a Mustang like this, I wish mine did not have the spoiler.
Honestly, I just don't think the spoiler is needed, and the car looks much nicer, to me, without it. Or, even with that low thin spoiler (had one on my 2017)...
I think the PP2 spoiler looks pretty good. Actually I think the PP2 is the best looking of the new Mustangs. The wheels help a lot though.

Speaking of chrome badges (I replaced mine ASAP), Ford should use black badges (they already have and use with the Black Accent package) with the PP1 package, I mean, it's got __black__ wheels standard. I'd bet that the people who buy PP1 cars would like 80-85% prefer black badges over the chrome.
Agreed!
Sponsored