Trunk Pull Down Strap

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
Now if I could get my wife to stop closing with the shiny black part all would be good...
I don't know what is with girls not caring at all about cars. Mine does the same thing but also with excessive force. Same for doors. I always try close them for her. But many times I'm not fast enough and door slamage occurs.
My Mom for example closes and opens door by window glass. It leaves fingerprints all over the glass. My girl also puts groceries on the bumper edge and scratches it.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I don't know what is with girls not caring at all about cars. Mine does the same thing but also with excessive force. Same for doors. I always try close them for her. But many times I'm not fast enough and door slamage occurs.
My Mom for example closes and opens door by window glass. It leaves fingerprints all over the glass. My girl also puts groceries on the bumper edge and scratches it.
when anyone rides with me I always have to wipe down the door or glass. When I close my door I use one finger on the black molding lol. I’ve tried closing the trunk by using the plastic piece around the trunk latch, I’ve pulled it off sometimes, but it’s better then spending hours trying to polish out that piano black cover to scratch free. I’ve been wanting to add a strap for a while, I don’t feel like you’d have to slam it, just a snappy quick motion to get it to close

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
when anyone rides with me I always have to wipe down the door or glass. When I close my door I use one finger on the black molding lol. I’ve tried closing the trunk by using the plastic piece around the trunk latch, I’ve pulled it off sometimes, but it’s better then spending hours trying to polish out that piano black cover to scratch free. I’ve been wanting to add a strap for a while, I don’t feel like you’d have to slam it, just a snappy quick motion to get it to close
I found these Think they could work?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=jdm+tow+strap

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hidalgo

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
Ordered one of these to try...
s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
Hidalgo

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
OP
OP
Hidalgo

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Please let us know if it works.
Mustang is in Florida and I'm in Maryland so it won't be until next month to attempt the install.
So my BMW M235i has a cupped indentation near the inside top of the trunk, when it is open.
Just reach your fingers in it, grab lightly and pull down to shut the trunk.
Ford really dropped the ball on the Mustang's trunk design!

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The Hyundai part works perfect.
Part number for sourcing in Europe is 81792 2B000WK.
Clip is a miscellaneous VW part.

PXL_20220812_073912235.jpg

PXL_20220615_101719821.jpg
Sponsored