2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
It sounds like the dealer placed an order before you came through the door and he is waiting for a change in status. That's the only reason I can come up with and that's the only reason you would have to configure the order to your specs so quickly. If that is the case, there is no reason that you can't change the order immediately.

If I remember correctly, as soon as the status goes "Unscheduled Clean" you have until the status changes to "Scheduled for the week of" or you get a VIN to change the order after that the order is locked in. The window can be very short. You can change the order before "Unscheduled Clean" and you should, the sooner the better.
Well it’s actually my order that he submitted and Kyle over at ford performance has verified that he sees the order. But like he doesn’t want to make the changes for me until closer to time which I don’t understand as to why. The whole thing is just odd to me. All I can do is wait and see what happens.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well it’s actually my order that he submitted and Kyle over at ford performance has verified that he sees the order. But like he doesn’t want to make the changes for me until closer to time which I don’t understand as to why. The whole thing is just odd to me. All I can do is wait and see what happens.
Maybe he thinks you might change your mind multiple times and only wants to go thru the process for the last one.

dsroka80503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible
I always find posts like this one very perplexing because the dealer should know if he had the elusive golden ticket or NOT. It reminds oh so much of him enticing you in when he knew he couldn't get the CFTP in hopes that you would say "Oh heck Chester just go and ahead and put the order in".
Same crap we went through. "Come order what you want." Went in a placed the order, MSRP of $98K. A week later "Yeah, can't get the CFTP, but you can still pay the ADM if you would like for the base model." Nope

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I know of a dealer that has a guaranteed CFTP for 5k over sticker. I am willing to trade that dealers information for a guaranteed lead on a base 500 for sticker.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I know of a dealer that has a guaranteed CFTP for 5k over sticker. I am willing to trade that dealers information for a guaranteed lead on a base 500 for sticker.
Why don’t you get the CFTP car?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Unless I win the lottery, I cannot afford 100 thousand dollar car
I totally get it. I am in the same boat.
Just asking.
Hope you find a base car at MSRP!

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
At this point in the game, MSRP, 5K over, 10K over, 15K over, whatever it may be. Not even sure it matters, i have no faith that even the ADM dealers can guaranteed me anything. Remember, I HAVE a secured MSRP deal that my dealer can't produce, whether legit or not that is where i am at, and time will tell. And for the other ADM dealers I have talked to they give me zero confidence they could follow through either. So i am just along for the ride and show, maybe a car will come out of it, maybe not.

As for the GT350, no thanks, its missing a few things....HP and Automatic, which is why i don't own one already.

As for ADM, Money vs principle vs whatever, idk what makes my brain work, but if the real FORD MSRP was 10K higher then NO i would not have an issue paying 10K more, but putting 10K into the dealers pocket for nothing just doesn't work for me. It may cost me this car but it is just how I am. I have no issues with people paying ADM its their money, do what makes them happy. ADM to me is just a means to get this car first, thats it, I can wait and eventually it will calm down and MSRP deals will be abundant and likely dealers will be calling me.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
As for ADM, Money vs principle vs whatever, idk what makes my brain work, but if the real FORD MSRP was 10K higher then NO i would not have an issue paying 10K more, but putting 10K into the dealers pocket for nothing just doesn't work for me. It may cost me this car but it is just how I am. I have no issues with people paying ADM its their money, do what makes them happy. ADM to me is just a means to get this car first, thats it, I can wait and eventually it will calm down and MSRP deals will be abundant and likely dealers will be calling me.
Think about it like this: If you were to buy this car private, you'd STILL be paying a version of "ADM". This thing will not depreciate like a normal car, at least not for a couple years. Supply and Demand are what they are regardless of anything. Even if you find an MSRP deal down the road, you will probably be paying transaction costs (travel/transportation) that simply wouldn't exist for regular vehicle purchases - you just wouldn't call that "ADM"

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can spin the ADM anyway you want, again I get it, if you want the car that bad then the deals are probably* out there. This car will depreciate period, maybe not quickly but it will. This car likely will never see values greater than the original purchase price in my lifetime....IMO. Previous generation 07+ GT500 have not, GT350 have not, they all had short term spikes of demand and popularity followed by slightly better depreciation than normal cars. Of course i have NEVER bought a car for an investment, i like the cars i like, and if the price is right and they fancy me, then i get one....eventually..... If this GT500 doesn't work out, then i will just move on to the next cars on my list.....mid 80s Ferrari 328 GTS or 1st Gen viper GTS....those are on my bucket list of cars.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Anyone interested in a 2019 Ruby Red GT350R in the Massachusetts area?
My buddy was at Imperial Ford in Mendon today getting his Ford Performance tune on his 2018 EcoBoost Mustang convertible.

98114.jpeg
If that 2019 R is going for MSRP that would be a nice buy.

I just priced out a fully loaded 2020 R model and the price came to $79,110 which means the 2020's have taken a significant price increase and suggest that the 2019 R's are a much better buy.

:clap:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If that 2019 R is going for MSRP that would be a nice buy.

I just priced out a fully loaded 2020 R model and the price came to $79,110 which means the 2020's have taken a significant price increase and suggest that the 2019 R's are a much better buy.

:clap:
I'm not positive it is, because my buddy took the photo and I asked him if there were any more dealer stickers on it. He said there weren't.
That would be a good deal though, I agree.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody have a rough idea of order dates/deadlines vs production runs from prior GT350 experience? Like generally speaking when is the last order taken for the Fall builds before it gets bumped to the spring builds? Is there 2 runs generally?

And i assume any confirmed valid allocation order just bumps to the next build fall vs spring, nothing has to be done or reordered?

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Does anybody have a rough idea of order dates/deadlines vs production runs from prior GT350 experience? Like generally speaking when is the last order taken for the Fall builds before it gets bumped to the spring builds? Is there 2 runs generally?

And i assume any confirmed valid allocation order just bumps to the next build fall vs spring, nothing has to be done or reordered?
Along that same line of thinking---Do they ever run 2 shifts to get more cars built???? Like we discussed previously as we were trying to figure out how many cars can they build per day??? I would imagine that since the engine is "Hand Built" that alone is going to put some serious constraints on what can actually be done. You simply can't say "Hey Joe you need to get this thing put togethor much faster or we're going to have to replace your a---." LOL