Sponsored

1.9 0-60 street

Deleted member

I'm willing to take the flames in order to have this conversation. The Demon claims it can do it in 2.3 with Nitto nt05rs. Many of the boosted Mustangs have a better power to weight ratio than it does. And Mickey's are stickier.
Doesn't matter how sticky the mickeys are, there is too much crap on public roads to make it happen. The closest you're gonna get in a street car will be the new tesla roadster.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm willing to take the flames in order to have this conversation. The Demon claims it can do it in 2.3 with Nitto nt05rs. Many of the boosted Mustangs have a better power to weight ratio than it does. And Mickey's are stickier.
Claiming it and doing it are two different things. Have a Demon owner prove it and then you have an objective to shoot for. Otherwise its all just hypothetical articles and marketing fluff.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I believe a Cobra Jet (which isn't street legal) has a 1.9 second 0-60 on a prepped drag strip. So all you have to do is make a Cobra Jet with more power, better traction, less weight, and more safety features to make it street legal.

Good luck.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Best bet is to get in touch with the street outlaw guys. Maybe one of them could offer a little advice.

OP
OP

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I like this thread.

I suppose the more conservative question could have been; what is the fastest 0-60 a mustang can run on the street with street legal drag radials, and how should the car be configured in order to achieve it.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Yea but it’s still on a street. When your chasing lofty goals like 1.9 0-60. If your not cheating. Your not trying hard enough.:wink:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yea but it’s still on a street. When your chasing lofty goals like 1.9 0-60. If your not cheating. Your not trying hard enough.:wink:
Maybe I'll get lucky and get to line up with you on your glory pass at Cecil! I'd call you out now but I would need the hit plus 10 car lengths just to make it a race!!:cwl:

OP
OP

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it won't keep the wise from trying."

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it won't keep the wise from trying."
So what mods have you done so far to make your car launch harder?

Sponsored
OP
OP

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Nothing.

I added a Whipple. Bmr kits. Wheels/tires.

They all made the car a beast at speed but not much quicker off the line.

I have a fore kit and pbd tune credit on my bench in the garage. Might get a 3c circle d.

The limit seems to be the rubber on the road. No sense pushing past that...

So the right question might just be how far can you push that til it breaks?

I'm a road guy. What is the ceiling given an r type compound rubber?...

...or better said. I want to hit 1.9 seconds 0-60.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You will likely never even come close to a 1.9 zero to sixty on the street. But if you put the car on a very healthy diet. That will help your launch. Also a drag race type suspension. Will get you moving quicker. It’s all a matter of how far your willing to transform your car. Think more race car and less street car. The 95 in my sig pic. Would cut a 1.29-1.35 sixty foot at the track. It weighed 2750 pounds. My 15 GT will only do a 1.48-1.55. It weighs 3815 pounds. They both have about 750whp. So that’ll give you an idea of how much a difference weigh and a drag race only suspension set up will help your launch on a prepped track.

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's
Takes a lot-1000hp, right convertor, suspension and much more. See Roxie's content in my signature. A friend has a TrackHawk that we have measured at that time, but he's 1,100hp. Both cars are stock long blocks.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Takes a lot-1000hp, right convertor, suspension and much more. See Roxie's content in my signature. A friend has a TrackHawk that we have measured at that time, but he's 1,100hp. Both cars are stock long blocks.

Did either one of the cars go 0-60 is 1.99 or less?

Is it even possible 2wd on a completely unprepped road in something considered a street car?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Convert to AWD and run slicks on all four corners. And have around 900+hp.
Wouldn't it be easier to just move to Canada?

Hint:

Sponsored