My Illuminated Emblems by X-Lume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
What we have achieved not only the 1st ColorShift Ponys but the massive options that it brings to tailoring your mustang

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
im more interested in the rear gt emblem :)

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
im more interested in the rear gt emblem :)
Moulds are ready for test production run.
We just working on the led boards with DD to see which options we going to have. We will offer Red as the main option, but looking at the possibility of having and switch back Red/White so when car in put in reverse will switch to white.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Just pre-ordered my Amber GT emblem from you guys...can't wait!!!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The dumb thing is why come into a supporting vendor's thread on a forum and say something bad? If you don't like it, just go away...

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I've come across many threads with mods that I think are hideous,
but not once have I ever felt the need to tell people how ugly I think their mod is.
Seems more like a lack of maturity and insecurity issue.
044cbc0f463eff052ad0feaaa6c1cd6d.jpg

This also might be his first rodeo, because someone actually stood up to his ranting this time.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Moulds are ready for test production run.
We just working on the led boards with DD to see which options we going to have. We will offer Red as the main option, but looking at the possibility of having and switch back Red/White so when car in put in reverse will switch to white.
What happened to the March timeline? I see on your site that it now says Expected in June. :eyebulge: Was hoping to get this in time for car show season :doh:

Also, I don't think I'm getting any e-mail updates at all for my order, but my Paypal payment did go through fine...just FYI. Would be nice to be updated on delays!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
is this legal in California? Front or back?
That's a tough question that you may not get a correct answer for. Most manufacturers of parts simply cannot go through every state's, let alone country's lighting laws. They are each written by separate legal entities, are very lengthy, difficult to interpret and could leave the manufacturer liable if making those claims because they misunderstood the code.

Here is the California Legislative Information for Vehicle Lighting if you want to look through it and make your determination. That's what most of us do that are concerned about the legality and I personally think it's a good idea. I was in a car once with a guy that had blue LED lights on the front of his car. Sure they looked nice but the state policeman in MD that pulled us over gave him the option of physically removing them and surrendering them to him or the car would be impounded and he would be fined.

In probably most states, there are color restrictions. For the front, it's typically safe to stick with white or amber, normally no red or blue can be showing from the front of the vehicle. For the rear, red and amber are typically safe. No white light can show from the rear of the car except when the car is in reverse. That's why if you have one of those covers over your tag light missing and the bulb itself is visible, you can get a ticket for it or if one of the lenses are cracked and you can see the white light through it.

I don't know the California law and can't advise you on it but my guess would be you would be safe with white in the front and red in the back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I don't know the California law and can't advise you on it but my guess would be you would be safe with white in the front and red in the back.
+1, which is why I got white front, red back. Multiple traffic stops and never a single complaint about the ponies

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Anyone else have issues with their Xlume chrome peeling and bubbling? Only had mine for 2 years and baby this car so I was quite surprised. @Xlume customer service so far hasn't replied to my messages and I send it 10 days ago.
fullsizeoutput_2845.jpeg

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Yes... I have a second grill emblem from them that is starting to fail ..looked amazing when it was new ..now the chrome is peeling in the inside and the black finish on the outside has turned a regular Chrome.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yes... I have a second grill emblem from them that is starting to fail ..looked amazing when it was new ..now the chrome is peeling in the inside and the black finish on the outside has turned a regular Chrome.
That stinks. I was hoping mine was a one-off failure since it was one of the pre-orders for this particular logo. Unfortunate because I thought it was pretty sweet but if it only last 2 years I definitely wouldn't waste your money. Guess I'll dig out my old logo and put it back on...sigh...

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
That stinks. I was hoping mine was a one-off failure since it was one of the pre-orders for this particular logo. Unfortunate because I thought it was pretty sweet but if it only last 2 years I definitely wouldn't waste your money. Guess I'll dig out my old logo and put it back on...sigh...
I might try the OEM one thatlights up ..even thoes have issues as well
IMG_20190430_190456508_HDR.jpg
Sponsored