Sponsored

MY20 Mustang

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mad to think the ecoboost is £10k more than it was when they first hit the UK. Impressive list of features though, Ford really have refined it a lot IMO.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so the special 55 edition wheel is the new eco boost wheel aka the old shadow edition wheels ...... no amount of changes from ford will make them sell any more they need to stop being shit and bring us some special editions over 500 and 350 everyone who wanted a mustang has one the only way they're going to sell large numbers again is to bring the specials over.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yep, they hope we'll buy into the gimmicks of the wheels, roof etc etc Just send us a proper Shelby!

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Give it another 12 months and dealer compounds will be full of unsold mustangs and the big discounts and 0% finance train will roll in once again :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturate the market, make the Mustang as common as a Fiesta, make it less desirable, increase deprecation - thanks Ford!

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Give it another 12 months and dealer compounds will be full of unsold mustangs and the big discounts and 0% finance train will roll in once again :)

Why wait 12 months ?

Big discounts are already there at some dealers, just need to haggle.

Got just shy of £3k off list on the one I'm picking up on Saturday.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Dealer stock or factory order ?

Dealer stock, no way I was waiting for factory, as they are so ridiculously slow.

Took a few months to find a dealer with the exact spec I was after, but eventually did.

MY19 spec, (with the B&O etc) 5.0 GT, auto, with Magnetide, custom pack 2, and large rear spoiler, in Kona Blue.

The dealer had about £1.3k discount on the sign anyway, but managed to over double that discount with haggling and paying cash, no credit.

I reckon he was probably down on quota before September, so had to sell, and took my take it or leave it offer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Dealer stock, no way I was waiting for factory, as they are so ridiculously slow.

Took a few months to find a dealer with the exact spec I was after, but eventually did.

MY19 spec, (with the B&O etc) 5.0 GT, auto, with Magnetide, custom pack 2, and large rear spoiler, in Kona Blue.

The dealer had about £1.3k discount on the sign anyway, but managed to over double that discount with haggling and paying cash, no credit.

I reckon he was probably down on quota before September, so had to sell, and took my take it or leave it offer.
If it took you a few months to find it it hasn't really saved you that much time as a factory order is normally around 6 months. Lucky you found what you wanted.

Although it is a new car it is effectively second hand for the dealer so they would be expecting to sell at a discount. Dealers have to fill their showrooms with cars and you may be surprised just how prescriptive Ford are with what they have to have and for how long. Obviously Ford have marketing campaigns so they need dealers to have certain models available for buyers to look at but it even goes as far as requiring certain options or accessories to be fitted. It will specify something like SUV with power tailgate and bike rack fitted. Clearly a Fordstore will have to have a Mustang and again they will be told what options, and which colour options. Once the dealer has it, it is never going to be able to sell it at list and after a couple of months they will have to register it and then it is a second hand car anyway. They would therefore be selling at slightly above what they would get if it was registered.

Cash will not have helped - in fact you may have got a bit more if you had taken out finance as the dealer gets commission, but then you would have paid the financing charges as there are no decent finance deals on Mustangs compared to other Ford models.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I've always said you never get a good deal - that's for the dealer. Best you can hope for is a deal that you're happy with.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wait for a factory order is worth it, makes it more special than just buying one that's been sitting on the forecourt

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Why wait 12 months ?

Big discounts are already there at some dealers, just need to haggle.

Got just shy of £3k off list on the one I'm picking up on Saturday.
Got just shy of 6k off my pre facelift and 0% finance so definitely worth waiting! If financing that 0% makes a big difference.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I guess I was lucky, the car had only arrived at the dealer 3 days before I bought it, I know as a friend works there and told me it was coming in.
They had 4 coming in all same spec apart from colour.

I said I waited a few months, it was not quite 3, about 10 weeks from when I first had the money to get one, so at least half the wait for a factory order, and it was the exact spec I would have ordered had I gone factory.

It's got 7 miles on the clock and is not pre Reg or ex demo, so as far as I'm concerned brand spanking new.

I asked about finance and got the numbers and they would not discount any more yet I'd be paying nearly £7k extra on interest over 3 years, so it's a no brainer and save an extra £7k and pay whole thing off now.
Sponsored