oAN02m2.jpg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Despite the last little bit, there was some good info here. I learned some things and thank those who contributed actual information.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Im getting ready to do a track day with my car. Havent been able to do much this year with it. 16 gt with p1sc and supporting mods. Making 650whp. I wanted to get some input on what type of racing is easier on the car. Either 1/4 mile drag or there is a slip stream roll racing event at my local nascar track. Roll racing is the straight stretch on the nascar track. Starting at 60mph.
Roll racing should only be performed by those who wear man buns.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well thanks for the de railment
Your welcome. How long can you really go on about roll racing? Or drag racing anyway? Your question was pretty much answered in the first 5 to 7 posts. So now your armed with info. Quit worrying about breaking sh!t. And just send it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Im getting ready to do a track day with my car. Havent been able to do much this year with it. 16 gt with p1sc and supporting mods. Making 650whp. I wanted to get some input on what type of racing is easier on the car. Either 1/4 mile drag or there is a slip stream roll racing event at my local nascar track. Roll racing is the straight stretch on the nascar track. Starting at 60mph.
I'd say drag is more of a driver's race and roll is more of a who has the faster car race. I would think drag would be harder on the car because of the hard launch but long pulls on a FI set-up definetly will push the iat. How far is the race? I never officially roll raced but it does look like fun. Starting at 60 mph puts me right in the sweet spot of 3rd gear, maybe I'll see you at Pocono on Sept 15!
Never heard of roll racing till Stangmode's video. Is this new or just a new name for something older?
Slip stream has been around since 2012 in my area
Slip stream like drafting? Now I'm feeling way behind the times lol
Thank you. Was figuring its a way to simulate freeway races but on a track. Sounds fun! Although you are missing out on first and most of second gear. Start at the top of 2nd and spend most the race in 3rd. Less skill involved for sure IMO.
You could have just tagged me lol. Hope to see you guys out in April.. The GT500 will be there ;)

-Steve

https://www.facebook.com/SlipStreamRE/

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS