iOS 13 Apple Carplay

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Has anyone tried the iOS 13 beta with the new Apple Carplay? Does it work with Sync 3 or will we need a Sync 3 update for it to work? Looking at the info about it, I am looking forward to using it. I do not like the single screen of the current Carplay.
Sponsored

eddison

It works, but it's still buggy on the iOS side as it's till in Beta. I would wait until it's released as final this fall, it is not that far away...

OP
OP
15BluStang

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
It works, but it's still buggy on the iOS side as it's till in Beta. I would wait until it's released as final this fall, it is not that far away...
Thanks for the update. I always wait for a week after release before updating. For my iPhone, betas are not for me.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Has anyone tried the iOS 13 beta with the new Apple Carplay? Does it work with Sync 3 or will we need a Sync 3 update for it to work? Looking at the info about it, I am looking forward to using it. I do not like the single screen of the current Carplay.
Works after OS update, no car update necessary. Home screen looks great, but I hate that it makes you use Apple Maps, wish 3rd party integration was available. Since I use Waze I rarely see the home screen. Bigger improvements, imo, are Settings being available in CarPlay (v. having to switch on phone), background CarPlay (no longer tied to whats displayed on phone) and huge improvements to Apple Music (easier browsing, being able to see/select from all playlists, actual album art instead of that weird background blur and better UI in app).

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Would still be great if you could use the factory navigation, if equipped, when using CarPlay.
I really don't get it why Ford developed it this way. When using any aftermarket radio you still can use the Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine whatever navigation system when running CarPlay and are not tied to the navigation app on your phone.

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Beta works fine, menu is much better.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
just curi
Would still be great if you could use the factory navigation, if equipped, when using CarPlay.
I really don't get it why Ford developed it this way. When using any aftermarket radio you still can use the Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine whatever navigation system when running CarPlay and are not tied to the navigation app on your phone.
Just curious, but why would you want to use the factory maps, when you can use Waze of Google maps?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Just curious, but why would you want to use the factory maps, when you can use Waze of Google maps?
Because Sygic and Waze suck when i want to drive to a new destination. In both apps i have to enter the target in the phone, because somehow both apps don’t find the destination.
Sponsored