Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It's found it's new owner... "it followed me home, can I keep it?

Front.jpg

I have a lot of cleaning to do and I am looking forward to this labor of love...!!!!!
I had them leave every sticker and all the plastic on so I could enjoy unwrapping it:

Door.jpg

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I'll ask you what a sales guy asked me when mine landed last wed - did you hug it?
Looks Like a blue beauty, Dave! Congrats brother!
When you gonna unwrap it? LOL ;-)

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I was catching up and shared this with Les yesterday thinking I was posting it in this thread - since it has updates & plans and details sweated over that I welcome op-eds on I figure I'd paste it here
Re my K2441

- I don't have it yet. its been at my semi-local dealership in Acton since last Wed. I visited it like a preemie in the NICU last Wed, Friday, & Saturday. Had hoped to have paperwork back to the order taking dealership in Iowa by Monday morning but they screwed up the numbers. So I just got overnighted new paperwork, and got my deposit back, and issued them a bigger check yesterday afternoon

Monday & Tues my local dealer was doing the prep (i.e. handling pkg & chin spoiler etc) and the plan is for me to take delivery Friday but I won't be surprised if it spills to Saturday or even Monday because of the remote paperwork stuff. Am dealing with the GM/Owner directly and even know which mechanic is doing the work. The mechanic is a guy I like and he loves GT350's. My only hesitation is on the wash that I only want done (lightly so) to look for blems & related defects.

The car is beautiful but I went over it, despite being too dirty to judge pain job, on Saturday looking for anything I didn't like. Of course i found things - So far the only iffy things, and I am being picky, is that:
  1. the passenger side rear bumper side seam bows out a bit compared to the right trunk quarter that comes down from the top to meet it (see pic). If that was inward by 0.125"+ I'd be happier but I don't know what can be done for that (there is no clip behind it and I can move it inward temporarily into better fit with my thumb so there's no resistance - I don't want some hack pushing VSB behind it to pull them together just to shut me up. The drivers side is fine.
  2. Another slight fit issue is the passenger's side bottom of windshield plastic tray is not as snug up against the bottom of the glass as it is on the middle and drivers side. If I see it in a 10 minute walk around of the car then i consider that noticeable. Am I virtually looking gift horse in the mouth? I dunno.
  3. Also the hood alignment is ok but its not exactly even left & right awesome when facing the car. Too crazy? I'll let them tell me. If I were mounting the hood I would fuss to make that better.

They talked me out of installing the front plate - even gave me the stock one to take away so that it wasn't there for accidental Installation. Zip tied to grill until inspection done.
So camber plates job (from strut removal through nonalignment) and gurney installed. I decided my philosophy is: finish it as it was ordered.....for now.

In the mean time I've done some prep:
  • Ordered Jaeger Bros front protective flaps (yes, my car was delivered with rocks/sand in the aero side skirts). Hope they get here on or before Friday - Jason Jaeger thought they would.
  • Got my foam gun & Griot's supplies $400+ worth ordered this last tax free weekend (wash soap, claybars, ironx etc) and a dual action/orbital (I went porter-cable - because they actually make tools and I'm a woodworker too ;-).
  • Got my Ford Perf oil separators (will go in after 1st inspection passed).
  • Got my hood struts - Redline elite stainless ones (for sooner but later).
  • Got my blue Ford air filter....because Kona blue man....trying to keep this fun - Got a Kona hula girl figurine for the dash. She'll move as sure as those insane stock SC2 tires will hook up on fresh hot blacktop! Are those not PC? If so I'll hide it later.
  • Got my BMR jacking rails ordered (back-ordered).
  • Have my 3M prep and SHELBY letters for the chin spoiler (same as accent stripe).

Other:
  • Waiting on CJ Pony+Shelby Perf Parts turn signal fog lamp combo - looks like a lot of labor...they are out of stock. But before that...
  • Need to talk to PPF guy before doing any sealing or even too much driving - https://bostonexclusive.com/ (that GT carbon edition & the guy who got the allocation I didn't both were sent there by my dealer GM and its only 2 miles from home).
  • Need to visit tint shop - considering "Tint King" (sounds like a Simpson's cartoon company) up in Billerica MA. I think I want ceramic (heat/uv) with a 40% or 50% - I hate dark, I'm getting old & I feel like even prescription polarized sunglasses take away enough light that I need to pay more attention).

The roads I drive (mostly Rte 2 & 128/i95 are so crappy right now with scarified surfaces and rocks pinging of windshields my break in road trips will need to be thought through.
1st one leaving the dealership - Brembo brake bedding procedure - back roads to my sisters house (and for my Cobra to meet my brother in laws 17 350).

---
Since then I got an update on the handling performance package that I used to open a separate thread (sorry if this is redundant for anyone who saw that).
The GM emailed me yesterday afternoon:
"The adjustable strut mounts, gurney flap etc are installed. I did notice the bumps in the parking lot are a little louder and harsher with the adjustable top mounts installed, but I'm willing to bet you would also notice a stiffer ride from a performance standpoint."
Hmmm...My only concern up until now had been whether they would hold an alignment when on the street (a poor adjustable design could force a need for constant adjustment) anyway that seemed to not be the case but I had not anticipated ride differences. Having not seen the parts and having not driven the car I had nothing to judge this assembly mod against....but my GM's has been putting it in & out of the dealership for safe keeping every night so he would notice a change. The Steeda plates make a point of saying no added NHV but I never thought to challenge Ford Performance as to whether theirs can claim the same. I replied saying worse case we change it back...later. I got:
"As for the suspension, I wouldn't say its clunky, but there is a bit of a difference. When you see the parts i think it will make more sense as to why there is a bit of a difference. Like you said, worse case it can be removed" LOL - ok so many I slipped into the infamous club of not leaving well enough alone. Oh well - I'll have an opinion on picking it up Friday - if i hate it I'll turn around & say lets undo it. If its ok then I will give it a fair longer trial.

This passenger side rear lower bumper wrap panel bow bothers me most right now (picture from last Saturday). Anyone else have this? Or do you think I'm being too picky? And how is your hood to fender alignment? Mine is ok, but if I were assembling it and able to I would have centered it a skootch more (a skootch might be 100mil in english units). Engine builder names? Anyone else get Paul W.? Lets share notes.
20190817_142422.jpg

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
It's found it's new owner... "it followed me home, can I keep it?

Front.jpg

I have a lot of cleaning to do and I am looking forward to this labor of love...!!!!!
I had them leave every sticker and all the plastic on so I could enjoy unwrapping it:

Door.jpg

BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!!! Best of luck, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!!! Best of luck, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard not to be jealous for those of us still in wait. So, Mark, I was just talking to Kyle at FP about my caster plates & my GM saying he thought there was more road noise (NVH) in my car with them. Kyle says he's been looking to this and said with a confident tone there should be no ride noise or related negative differences with the plates. So if for me there is then there may be an installation error - he hooked me up by emailing me the installation pdf....good guy. I now have the factory word on which I can have this looked into (assuming I notice a problem).

Anyway with Kyle being helpful I changed the subject & gave your VIN - He remembered helping look up status for you. I asked what the heck you need to do to get some real answers? He said call the dealer and insist on involving the zone manager - go up the chain of command - don't be passive - the zone rep should be able to dig into the factory & get answers. Have you tried that for this specific problem? If not you should do it asap! Keep us posted.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Hard not to be jealous for those of us still in wait. So, Mark, I was just talking to Kyle at FP about my caster plates & my GM saying he thought there was more road noise (NVH) in my car with them. Kyle says he's been looking to this and said with a confident tone there should be no ride noise or related negative differences with the plates. So if for me there is then there may be an installation error - he hooked me up by emailing me the installation pdf....good guy. I now have the factory word on which I can have this looked into (assuming I notice a problem).

Anyway with Kyle being helpful I changed the subject & gave your VIN - He remembered helping look up status for you. I asked what the heck you need to do to get some real answers? He said call the dealer and insist on involving the zone manager - go up the chain of command - don't be passive - the zone rep should be able to dig into the factory & get answers. Have you tried that for this specific problem? If not you should do it asap! Keep us posted.
Mr. Bill,

Thanks for doing that. Ironically, I was on the phone with my dealer. They are doing just that tomorrow morning. I hope Thursday is the answer day. I am in the middle of two meetings with the night shift officers here, but we will definitely catch up this weekend. Thanks for all the support and help. I am supposed to call Kyle tomorrow as Thursday is the usual update day. Let's see how this all goes. Thanks again for the help!

BodySnatcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
NA
Sales person called to let me know my car arrived, I had to go see it in person. I was told I may take delivery either Thursday, or Saturday, can't wait!!
IMG_20190918_195311_216.jpg
IMG_20190918_195341_898.jpg
IMG_20190918_195221_517.jpg
20190918_192139.jpg
20190918_192155.jpg
IMG_20190918_195110_416.jpg
20190918_192526.jpg

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Sales person called to let me know my car arrived, I had to go see it in person. I was told I may take delivery either Thursday, or Saturday, can't wait!!
IMG_20190918_195311_216.jpg
IMG_20190918_195341_898.jpg
IMG_20190918_195221_517.jpg
20190918_192139.jpg
20190918_192155.jpg
IMG_20190918_195110_416.jpg
20190918_192526.jpg
Looks awesome. Congrats. I have been out of the country for awhile, but know one has posted in August? I guess I didn’t miss anything.

BodySnatcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
NA
Looks awesome. Congrats. I have been out of the country for awhile, but know one has posted in August? I guess I didn’t miss anything.
Yeah not many posts recently, assuming the majority of users were on vacation.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Yeah not many posts recently, assuming the majority of users were on vacation.
In the states? We don't do vacations.....I mean we do but the "we" is a smaller part of the population.
More like this thread got quiet because deliveries of ordered MY'19s are pretty well done.

Nice car - congrats!

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome looking car! Great color choice! Enjoy!

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
In the states? We don't do vacations.....I mean we do but the "we" is a smaller part of the population.
More like this thread got quiet because deliveries of ordered MY'19s are pretty well done.

Nice car - congrats!
So, what is everyone talking about and what thread now?? :).

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
So, what is everyone talking about and what thread now?? :).
I propose we new to newish my'19 owners start sharing observations (likes vs dislikes/quirks/concerns, detailing & PPF paths taken, and what mods are done or planned).
I created this thread just now & invite anyone interested to participate:

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics
Sponsored