Sponsored

For those who traded a vehicle you loved, for an S550, was it worth it?

blueballz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2010 wrangler rubicon
I'm currently driving a lifted wrangler, with 37's, beadlocks, hyrdo assisted steering etc.. And while I love the fact that this thing can go where I want it, and I have a great time taking it to those places, I don't love that fact that it is impossibly slow, and rough as hell. I'm looking at trading it in for a 16+ GT the coming months, and im hoping to get some input from those who have gone from a vehicle they truly enjoyed, to a mustang, for whatever reason that may be. Regrets? 100% happy? lets hear it!
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I'm currently driving a lifted wrangler, with 37's, beadlocks, hyrdo assisted steering etc.. And while I love the fact that this thing can go where I want it, and I have a great time taking it to those places, I don't love that fact that it is impossibly slow, and rough as hell. I'm looking at trading it in for a 16+ GT the coming months, and im hoping to get some input from those who have gone from a vehicle they truly enjoyed, to a mustang, for whatever reason that may be. Regrets? 100% happy? lets hear it!
I traded a 7000 mile 14 Shelby vert.definitely worth it,and I swear it's as fast.i have 10 speed pp1 vert,and love it,and all the options.it took 4k plus my Shelby for a 56kmsrp gt vert.good deal.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
2 totally different vehicles. Ive had my fair share of high performance cars myself, Audi, BMW, Jeep SRT but the most fun I have had in a car is my 2019 GT.

Its not as finished interior wise as a high end Euro but the performance, looks and the sound of that glorious V8 make up for it. Not saying the interior is crap in my GT, its far from it. And all the mods you can do, its a black hole there.

Drive one, see what you think. They are great cars with very different characteristics then what you have at the moment.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I like our ā€˜vert but donā€™t ask my wife..... we traded her 2014 RAM Laramie for the Mustang. It looks like next spring we will trade the Mustang in on another RAM. Happy Wife, Happy Life! We decided we only need one vehicle and the Mustang just does not fit that need.
AB136C60-F04C-4176-86FD-EADF3A75BB0C.jpeg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My last car was a 99 Saturn SC2 that I bought new, drove 17+ years 237K miles. It suited me and I would have kept it forever if it hadn't gotten too worn out and beat up. That was a great car for me.

My Mustang is a lot more fun to drive, and I'm putting a whole lot more time, effort, and money into mods and maintenance. I hope I can keep this one forever.

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I traded a FRPP tuned 2017 Focus ST3 for my '19 GT/CS. I do miss the hard pull low in the RPM range (360 lb/ft) but other than that, no regrets.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
My 2011 Mazda3 was nice but the 15 Ecoboost was much more fun and better looking. After a tune and some upgrades, I could of kept it long term but I'm glad I got my 18 GT, it's just a better car and better experience.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
i sold my bmw private party on order to get a mustang. i was having high expectations on bmw but was hating it by the time of sale.

mustang is probably the best performance car I had. It is not the fastest car. But it does have spirit.

Last edited:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Traded in my 15 Wrangler for my Mustang. Love my Mustang but it only gets driven 5 or so months of the year and I've put a lot of money in mods on it. My Jeep was done already how I wanted as my all- year DD and was able to pull off winter weather and top off Summer enjoyment. If I could go back I would not have traded in strictly on a financial outlook and overall useability. I don't NOT like my Mustang, its great for what it is but if I could go back I would've kept my Jeep.

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I traded in my 2014 Focus ST for my 2017 EB, and the latter is the better daily driver IMO. Didn't really lose much in the way of practicality, and much more in performance and fun.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Traded in a 2017 F250 PSD on 37's for my '19 GT.

Loved my truck, hated the payment. This is my favorite and highest performing Mustang that I've owned, hands down.

OP
OP

blueballz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2010 wrangler rubicon
2 totally different vehicles. Ive had my fair share of high performance cars myself, Audi, BMW, Jeep SRT but the most fun I have had in a car is my 2019 GT

Its not as finished interior wise as a high end Euro but the performance, looks and the sound of that glorious V8 make up for it. Not saying the interior is crap in my GT, its far from it. And all the mods you can do, its a black hole there.

Drive one, see what you think. They are great cars with very different characteristics then what you have at the moment.
Completely understood! I know the two aren't comparable in any way really, and only I can decide whether the trade would be worth it, but I like having outside input from those who've made similar changes. The v8, and the legacy of the mustang are what im looking for right now. I need a new excitement in my life, the whole getting to the speed limit in 30 seconds in an uncomfortable fashion is wearing me thin.lol Very aware of the black hole, I still have another 20-25k to put into it if I keep this thing.

lol ... I loved all my previous cars. :sunglasses:

Every time I say this is the best car I ever had :rockon:
definitely can relate at this point.

Traded in my 15 Wrangler for my Mustang. Love my Mustang but it only gets driven 5 or so months of the year and I've put a lot of money in mods on it. My Jeep was done already how I wanted as my all- year DD and was able to pull off winter weather and top off Summer enjoyment. If I could go back I would not have traded in strictly on a financial outlook and overall useability. I don't NOT like my Mustang, its great for what it is but if I could go back I would've kept my Jeep.
If i could handle owning both, i definitely would. Mine is 100% NOT where i want i though, and im starting to creep towards the point where i dont want to put any more money into it. Tons, 42s, stretch, atlas and motor swap was the end goal, but man, so much money, and so little return imo.

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
01A76EC5-DAED-4617-BC2D-05A37A681386.jpeg

2015 F-150 Super Crew EcoBoost with 54,000 miles. Two tone white with magnetic bottom. Amazingly powerful and torquey truck. Iā€™m 47 years old with a family of four and it was the ultimate practical road-trip and daily driver machine. Regularly got 24 MPG on the highway in a full sized pickup, but also had the GO power when needed. We have a 19 ft boat that it towed with ease. I thought Iā€™d have that truck forever until I got an itch for the GT. Call it a mid-life crisis I guess. Iā€™m not ashamed of that! Haha. Anyways, the wife has a Honda Pilot which we can use to tow the boat and for family road trips, so I decided we didnā€™t ā€œneedā€ two full-sized vehicles anymore. F-150 had to go, but very very reluctantly. I donā€™t regret it now, I really enjoy the GT. My daughter has her own car and is off to college. My son and I get to enjoy quality time in the Mustang, he really likes it as well. My wife is not a car person but she does enjoy the thrill of a hard interstate on-ramp pull from time to time I think.

Last edited:

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
FBO 2018 Civic Si. Low end torque is a ton of fun and was a beast in the canyons. GT 401a suits me much better and has way more in the way of creature comforts.
Sponsored