Sponsored

2020 GT500 Curb Weight and Dimensions Released

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
12.5% driveline loss is to be expected if a little low. Every dyno is different. Eddy-Current ones tend to be more consistent from one to another. SAE correction factors are just that 'fudges' to "normalize" measured output. Short of running the same car on the same dyno 'back to back' the values really aren't comparable at a resolution less than 3%.
It looks like 12.5% is probably high, not low.

"Well, I guess we should expect to see north of 684 hp at the rear wheels when we finally strap a GT500 to the rollers, because the team claims the seven-speed dual-clutch transmission suffers fewer losses than the six-speed manual."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...s-of-performance-wisdom/ar-AAG1suF?li=BBnb4R5
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
12.5% driveline loss is to be expected if a little low. Every dyno is different. Eddy-Current ones tend to be more consistent from one to another. SAE correction factors are just that 'fudges' to "normalize" measured output. Short of running the same car on the same dyno 'back to back' the values really aren't comparable at a resolution less than 3%.
Probably a little high at 15%

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
supposedly the same dyno MT tested the GT350 on to make 470whp... a 10% loss

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
supposedly the same dyno MT tested the GT350 on to make 470whp... a 10% loss
hmmm, i wonder if the carbon ds will work on the GT350. Probably not, but one thing ford should have done to add improvements to the GT350 cars. Maybe add to the R model if anything.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe add to the R model if anything.
agreed, by why take a "hit" on profitability when customers will gladly pay an easy 100-200% markup if it's sold as an option?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Honest question out of pure curiosity, what made you purchase 3 R's to begin with? Most just...you know, buy one. Completely intrigued over here.
Actually pretty easy question to answer.

Shortly after purchasing GR107 I was contacted by an owner of a Ford dealership expressing interest in my Base R model as he wanted my car for his car collection therefore gave him a price and he paid what I wanted. Interestingly enough somehow GR107 ended up in my neighborhood in Arizona and I gave the new owner the original BOS and the GT350R owners kit that finally arrived as it was lost by UPS for a very long time.

I missed the 2016 car so much I ordered another Base R in Ruby Red with Black roof and owned HR019 for a year or so until I sold it to a great friend who wanted a Base R model exactly the way that I had ordered it (color and lack of options) so let it go to him and now in his outstanding car collection.

Then when I heard that the 2018MY may be the very last of the Base R models (~15 deleted items) before Ford decided to cease building the Base R's as of April 30th, 2018 I ordered another Base R model in August 2017 and still have JR157 today.

Being a guy that grew up with plain Jane and basic muscle cars back in the 60's I immediately fell in love with the Base R models as they came without items such as AC, radios, floor mats, sound deadener, navigation, speakers, tire inflator kit, trunk tray, trunk mats and the list goes on. Each time that I look at the radio delete plate it makes me smile as I can't remember ever turning on the radio in any of my Mustangs.

Add to that the fact that of the ~2810 R's built to date only 135 Base R's were produced of which ~8 where pre-production cars therefore makes one of these lighter R's much more rare, desirable and collectible.

:wink:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Actually pretty easy question to answer.

Shortly after purchasing GR107 I was contacted by an owner of a Ford dealership expressing interest in my Base R model as he wanted my car for his car collection therefore gave him a price and he paid what I wanted. Interestingly enough somehow GR107 ended up in my neighborhood in Arizona and I gave the new owner the original BOS and the GT350R owners kit that finally arrived as it was lost by UPS for a very long time.

I missed the 2016 car so much I ordered another Base R in Ruby Red with Black roof and owned HR019 for a year or so until I sold it to a great friend who wanted a Base R model exactly the way that I had ordered it (color and lack of options) so let it go to him and now in his outstanding car collection.

Then when I heard that the 2018MY may be the very last of the Base R models (~15 deleted items) before Ford decided to cease building the Base R's as of April 30th, 2018 I ordered another Base R model in August 2017 and still have JR157 today.

Being a guy that grew up with plain Jane and basic muscle cars back in the 60's I immediately fell in love with the Base R models as they came without items such as AC, radios, floor mats, sound deadener, navigation, speakers, tire inflator kit, trunk tray, trunk mats and the list goes on. Each time that I look at the radio delete plate it makes me smile as I can't remember ever turning on the radio in any of my Mustangs.

Add to that the fact that of the ~2810 R's built to date only 135 Base R's were produced of which ~8 where pre-production cars therefore makes one of these lighter R's much more rare, desirable and collectible.

:wink:
Yea, who would do such a thing?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What does a base R weigh?
I never did weigh one of my Base R's but when speaking with other owners we all came up with an approximate curb weight of ~3675 pounds.

The biggest weight savings over an Electronics Package R's would be the elimination of the complete AC units and then the elimination of navigation, radio, speakers help and of course the trunk area is just all primer paint with no backup camera, trunk tray, trunk liner or tire inflator kit.

I believe the elimination of the sound deadener and carpet moisture barrier helped close to 10 pounds and then missing floor mats etc.

If you ever see an R model going down the road without the navigation globe located on the back of the roof you will know that it is a Base R.

@Tomster, next time you get yours out maybe you might find a platform scale in your area and you can confirm for all us!!

:)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I never did weigh one of my Base R's but when speaking with other owners we all came up with an approximate curb weight of ~3675 pounds.

The biggest weight savings over an Electronics Package R's would be the elimination of the complete AC units and then the elimination of navigation, radio, speakers help and of course the trunk area is just all primer paint with no backup camera, trunk tray, trunk liner or tire inflator kit.

I believe the elimination of the sound deadener and carpet moisture barrier helped close to 10 pounds and then missing floor mats etc.

If you ever see an R model going down the road without the navigation globe located on the back of the roof you will know that it is a Base R.

@Tomster, next time you get yours out maybe you might find a platform scale in your area and you can confirm for all us!!

:)
Sure. I'll get the OEM CF wheels back on it and weigh it.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I see the rationalization continues. Car is weigh too heavy.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
How fast is your GT? best lap at what track, 1/4 mile?
The real question is, if I dump $10K worth of go fast and lighten parts into my $33K, 3570 lb 2017 BASE GT, how much faster will I be than the GT500?