Why the GT350/GT500 don't have the new Mustang face lift

bob6g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
mercedes benz 300sel
Have to agree,it is Facedrop Inc! . The 2015 headlights were a real buzz . A class effort by Ford. However, typical Ford adage, "When your on a good thing... Don't stick with it.." !!!! Feel they realise this error of judgement ,as the 2015 headlights make the cars image look as FAST as!!! . Alas, the current headlights make the symmetrics appear that Cassius Clay gave it a left and right black eye, bless his soul. Feel sorry for the 2020 Ecoboost . It will be stuck with this eye injury, and that puts my two proposed ecoboost purchases on the "back burner" so to speak. Son is agreeing to wait for another headlight change . Hey Mr Ford America, fast forward headlight option!!!
Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I thought it had to do with needing all of the height to fit in components like radiators and ducting. The reason they made the 2018+ headlights look "squinted" and the hood sloped down was so the driver could see the road better in front of them, a common complaint from people who had the 15-17. My 16 GT has turn signals in the hood vents, they were eliminated after 16 because the driver cannot see the passenger side vent signal unless they are over 6' tall. Function over form when it comes to the GT350 & GT500 from what I've heard.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I personally just can't get used to the '18-up GT changes to the front end, but the PP2 looks pretty decent when you are standing in front of one.
The PP2 literally looks the same as most other GTs but with a double chin, I'm failing to see why you think that one seems to look better...

I'm obviously in the pro face-lift camp, and the GT350/GT500s look dated camp, now that they're 3 model years into a new design and still being built with a 5MY old front end.

One of the biggest stand outs between the 15-17 front and 18+ front is that due to the lack of any kind of downward curve on the prior, they all look like they have a reverse rake when they're coming down the road, it's a very tall and somewhat abruptly finished front compared to the refresh. I guess that's why people who don't see it like that think the 18+ is droopy - because they're used to the former.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This has been known for a while. I've posted many times about the real reason and yet people still thought I was full of it.

bob6g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
mercedes benz 300sel
I understand your elation at the fact of seeing the road in front of you whilst driving your 2019. I 100 percent agree that the lower hood slope was a real plus for this model.When I spoke to a Mustang salesperson at Ford, I expressed my disappointment regarding the new headlight design and his reply was, quote, "FORD felt there was a need to tone it down a bit". As the salesperson lived close by, I met up with him again . I will not quote what he said on this occasion ! "It was a Strange Language", and in general terms it was effecting sales. Alas, some heavy discounting was necessary to meet their target sales. I observe that the 2015 headlight design has been minutely adjusted for the 2020 model gt and should one look closely at both of the headlights of the 2018/2019 and the 2020gt you will note the variation in style. The 2020 gt looks "Smart and Fast" The 2020 Ecoboost looks lame .Coming in at a distant second. The ecoboost is asking "why me?", "Help, Please!!" , I want to be part of the s550 success.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It would look like this if they used the 18/19 headlights ..this the new MP concepts front bumper
Screenshot_20190518-141725~2.png
Compared to the old design I prefer the first generation. I'm biased however.
33749168508_b09069863c_h.jpg

Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I'm 6'2" and I can't see the other side signal.
I read the 6' somewhere and agree that's too short to see them. I am 5'11" and I can see them if I have my seat all the way up as if I needed a booster seat but that's not realistic.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I was anti 18 facelift until i seen it in person....... then i bought my first mustang. i think it looks way more aggressive and better. Headlights look meaner to me. I am not 100% happy with the triangular vent thing on the ends, but a cervini upper and lower helped out a lot. I love the look of the GT350, the GT500 looks like they borrowed a Bomex bumper from the 90's and i think its ridiculous but i know im in the minority there.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6