Sponsored

Dealership won’t service a Shelby That was not purchased at their dealership

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have run into dealers whose service center is so busy if you didn't buy the car from them they wont service it or they tell you its 90 days.

I was actually shocked that american cars could be unreliable with shitty dealer networks.
Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Your warranty is w/Ford, not w/the dealer. Any Ford dealer must honor warranty work. So why not offer any service. What if you had an issue out of your area? Dealer is BS.
Voodoo Velocity is 100% correct. There are some manufacturers that do produce very specific models that are sold thru a limited number of dealerships due to the advanced training of sales & service staffs & also expensive service equipment. However, as nice as the Shelby version may be, it is still nothing more than a very modified Mustang. Don't even debate the issue w/the windbags at the dealer handing you this line of crock. Those sales tactics might have worked 50 years ago, but no mas! :thumbsdown:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's nonsense but take your business elsewhere then. Dealerships make money on warranty work and service. So saying they won't do work is pretty questionable. Basically he's saying "we don't want to make money on you."

I get forming a relationship with a dealership but clearly they/that salesman doesn't. Run. Very fast.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
the guy lying through his...

that is one of the lamest, most deceitful lines i've heard. and man i've heard a lot!
Yes, he's lying. But if that's the most deceitful thing you've heard from a car salesman you have lived a sheltered life. LoL

You are right, Service isn't going to turn away work because sales wasn't capable of making a deal.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
2019 has some improvements. Why would anyone pay more than MSRP for this? What is the MSRP?
Don’t remember off the top of my head. Low 70s was the MSRP.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My car is from Canada, bought it in Tennessee, and i've had warranty work done to it at two places in Georgia. Guy is either an asshole, full of shit, or both.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
My car is from Canada, bought it in Tennessee, and i've had warranty work done to it at two places in Georgia. Guy is either an asshole, full of shit, or both.
I think he’s both.

If I’m able to buy the car before the fall I’m gonna make it a point to swing by the dealership after I get the car, ask him for his business card politely (even if I have to lie to him to get it) and then call Ford and share with them the experience I had.

I don’t remember his name, should have taken his business card before I I left.

Sixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
19 GT 350
I think he’s both.

If I’m able to buy the car before the fall I’m gonna make it a point to swing by the dealership after I get the car, ask him for his business card politely (even if I have to lie to him to get it) and then call Ford and share with them the experience I had.

I don’t remember his name, should have taken his business card before I I left.

They have a directory of their staff on the website.

Good luck in your search for a car. My search here in California was brutal, but I was eventually able to work a deal.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
They have a directory of their staff on the website.

Good luck in your search for a car. My search here in California was brutal, but I was eventually able to work a deal.
Thank you!!! You guys have it bad in the golden state when it comes to prices. NYC is not much different. those of us that live near NYC suffer because of it.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Each Ford Dealer is individually franchised owned - the Owner can do whatever he/she wishes with regards to their Service ethics. Sure they are a Ford Dealer and SHOULD Service any/all Ford products, but again if their Dealership is being run a such, just go elsewhere because that goes to show what type of service you REALLY would receive if you bought from him and had a warranty issue.

The guy is being a jerk because you’re not buying the car from HIM...plain and simple.

Go online and look up KOONS in MD; you’re going to get a better deal than any place in NJ if you work with them. They are probably the largest by sales volume on the East Coast and have a huge selection of Mustangs. Members on here have flown in to Koons and drove home in their new S550’s...

Im not if this is still the same but, Ford dealers HAVE to service Ford warranty customers per their agreement with Ford and as a condition of the franchise. Now, they dont have to be good or fast about it.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
The owner info in my previous post was incorrect.
So is he here?

31C5A267-CFC8-40E1-9750-FE276AF98310.png
YES HE IS !!!
Daniel Lindsay was the dude who fed me that BS.

I actually leased an F150 from Jim Payne back in 2012 at their Hackensack dealer!!! I didn’t know he was still there.

Thank you for digging this up!! I wasn’t looking forward to going back in there and interacting with that dude. Im not good masking my emotions!

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Since he lied to you......

Say "Wow, I wasn't aware! We were looking at moving to Florida next year, but I wasn't aware if I buy yours they will not do the warranty work once we get there"

Might he then say "Oh, but any Ford dealer will service it, if you buy ours here today" ????:cwl::question::crackup:

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Thank you!!! You guys have it bad in the golden state when it comes to prices. NYC is not much different. those of us that live near NYC suffer because of it.
You're not kidding.
I could've gone for a 2020 GT350 1/1/2 hours north of me for almost 10K over sticker. Instead I drove 1 1/2 west to Pa. and got the exact same car (but a new 19) for 5k under sticker. Some of the dealers around here still aren't discounting the 19's.

Deleted member 37397

Honestly you should complain to the GM about this. While standing near your new car you didn’t buy from his dealership
Sponsored