How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You beat me...I'm 74! :clap: I'm curious, based on your other vehicles, what prompted you to buy a Mustang GT??

And BTW, your post is worthless without pictures!! :crackup:
My BMW has all wheel drive for the winter. It's also a 6 speed manual with some turbo tweaks, so it's a fun but different driving experience. My Porsche responds and handles like nothing else. But, maintenance costs and constant worry about catastrophic problems just got to me. Porsche doesn't have a very good record for long term reliability. No matter how much you pay for a used one, it's still a $100k car when you need repairs. So, I am selling it. I really wanted a decent performing car with a big enough back seat for my grand kids. It had to be a convertible. If it has a roof, it might as well be useful and have 4 doors. Most of all, I wanted a warranty. Tired of worrying about major expenses.

I have some pictures of my Porsche. But, I do not have a smart phone or camera.
MyPcar2.jpg
MyPcar3.jpg
Sponsored

sobaylouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Ok, here's a relevant question for we seniors..How the hell are you cleaning the rear window without requiring a chiropractor?
It's basically been three months since I bought it and the dust has accumulated - any creative solutions?
Wayn
I'm 53 and have a 2018 PP1 10 speed. My father is 77 and owns the 2011 GT 6 speed that I formerly owned(I gave him a smoking deal!!!). He loves it but he also had a 9 second '67 Comet up until 3 years ago and still rides his Harley....
I am 78...Have 2018 GT A10 and still riding my Harleys!

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
WOW, 457 posts in 2 1/2 months!! That's pretty darn good.:like:
My BMW has all wheel drive for the winter. It's also a 6 speed manual with some turbo tweaks, so it's a fun but different driving experience. My Porsche responds and handles like nothing else. But, maintenance costs and constant worry about catastrophic problems just got to me. Porsche doesn't have a very good record for long term reliability. No matter how much you pay for a used one, it's still a $100k car when you need repairs. So, I am selling it. I really wanted a decent performing car with a big enough back seat for my grand kids. It had to be a convertible. If it has a roof, it might as well be useful and have 4 doors. Most of all, I wanted a warranty. Tired of worrying about major expenses.

MyPcar2.jpg
MyPcar3.jpg

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MyPcar2.jpg
MyPcar3.jpg
NICE!! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There are car meets almost every night around here in the summer and fall. Most attract upwards of 100 cars and one weekly Saturday car meet attracts a lot more. Mustangs are easily the biggest group of cars represented, from the 60s to 2019. Better than 50% are supercharged and better than 90% of the owners are over 50 and the spectators skew older as well. Younger people do not buy American muscle. When somebody has an "Asian Night" car meet the people under 40 are out in droves with their GTRs, Stingers, WRXs, EVOs and modified Hondas. Otherwise, not so much.

I am inclined to think the number of senior Mustang owners far exceeds the number of younger owners.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are car meets almost every night around here in the summer and fall. Most attract upwards of 100 cars and one weekly Saturday car meet attracts a lot more. Mustangs are easily the biggest group of cars represented, from the 60s to 2019. Better than 50% are supercharged and better than 90% of the owners are over 50 and the spectators skew older as well. Younger people do not buy American muscle. When somebody has an "Asian Night" car meet the people under 40 are out in droves with their GTRs, Stingers, WRXs, EVOs and modified Hondas. Otherwise, not so much.

I am inclined to think the number of senior Mustang owners far exceeds the number of younger owners.
I am just guessing that you are probably right. Consider how long the Mustang has been made!! I bought a '65 Mustang new.....
in 1965!!! So with 6 generations of 'Stangs I would imagine that the owners of gen 1's are older and then possibly get younger as the cars get newer.

Also, I definitely get the impression that people in general nowadays are not as "car crazy" or even care about cars like I do. Every time I go for a pony ride I get compliments on my car. I can tell the people making the remarks are 'Car People' just by talking to them. Your average Joe doesn't care. I think your average Joe just wants an SUV or a PRIUS/ hybrid.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So... instead of a section for seniors, we need a section for whippersnappers so they don't bother the rest of us.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Wake up HoosierDaddy , we need to keep them younger whippers on there toes . Get them off the rice and show them something else ..lol.just saying

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I am just guessing that you are probably right. Consider how long the Mustang has been made!! I bought a '65 Mustang new.....
in 1965!!! So with 6 generations of 'Stangs I would imagine that the owners of gen 1's are older and then possibly get younger as the cars get newer.

Also, I definitely get the impression that people in general nowadays are not as "car crazy" or even care about cars like I do. Every time I go for a pony ride I get compliments on my car. I can tell the people making the remarks are 'Car People' just by talking to them. Your average Joe doesn't care. I think your average Joe just wants an SUV or a PRIUS/ hybrid.
My older son (50) loves the Mustang, owns a vintage Camaro and loves to go to all the car meets and talk about cars. My younger son and son-in-laws (40ish) want a nicer SUV. I don't understand where I went wrong raising kids!

kaibab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt convertible California special
It sounds like quite a few old guys are buying this car :sunglasses:
Driving it reminds me of the Harley but, with heated and cooled seats and more horsepower.
There is a nostalgic connection with this car to our youth and our roots when American muscle cars were king.
Oh wait ~ looks like they still are :like:
3.3.jpg
I could not have said it better. 62 and reliving the muscle days cruising central in Phoenix

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I have had four Mustangs in my lifetime and currently own my second and forth. All four were GTs starting with a "83. '88, '06, and an 18. I am 65 and still work on my cars even on the "18. The difference in feel between the '88 and '18 is remarkable as 30 years of engineering has provided. I must put a plug in for MCA as this club is terrific to include an X-Plan on all new Fords / Lincoln purchases. This helped me land my 2018 GT.
New 2018 Mustang GT Summer 019.jpg

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could not have said it better. 62 and reliving the muscle days cruising central in Phoenix
I agree. I'm 74 but when I hit that "GO" button.....I'm 20 again. This is my 'Fountain of Youth'!!!! :like:
Sponsored