1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
eh, hes really saying heavy cars cant turn, but brushes off the fact the faster cars he likes, are the heavier ones.. hence why he hasnt replied in a while
I'm still waiting for a heavy car to run a fast lap, to me the 4100lb GT500 is a heavy car, or any 4100lb car for that matter. Again, let me know when theres a 4100lb car that at least beats the ZL1 1LE's time.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
What? The R's competition is the ZL1 1LE. Actually the car that gives the R a run for its money is the SS 1LE. The regular ZL1 will already beat the R. I like the looks of the mustang more, but im not oblivious to performance and facts.
LOL
Actually, I’m not done with this yet. Just to highlight how much of a fanboy you sound like, let’s compare track times.

Actually the car that gives the R a run for its money is the SS 1LE.
Let’s look at how they compare.
SS 1LE vs GT350R
Track: Laguna Seca, 2.238 miles
Mustang: 1:36.11
Camaro: 1:37.66
Difference: 1.55 seconds.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mclaren/570/2016/2016-motor-trend-best-drivers-car

So in your words, the SS 1LE gives the 350R a run for its money.

Lets look at the other part of this quote.

The regular ZL1 will already beat the R
ZL1 vs GT350R.
Track: Big willow
Mustang:1:28.29
Camaro: 1:27.90
Difference 0.39 Seconds

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...zl1-vs-2017-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-review

The 1LE is much slower than the R than the R is to the ZL1.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I dont know who is more delusional you or voodoo. The regular ZL1 is 2 seconds faster at willow springs. When you price out the cars its obvious which model is competing with what. Are you sure you're not living under a rock? The ZL1 1LE is the track star that the GT350R could only wish it could have been.
The GT350R is fords track mustang and the ZL1 1LE is chevys track camaro. To argue that is retarded. There is also a 4k difference when comparing MSRP. Which since its a chevy can be discounted for less than $72k msrp. I dont like the new camaro look, but im not delusional on which one is the better track car.

Lol, you're trying to hard kid, I didnt know millhouse was a try hard.
Read my previous post. I state actual track times. Same driver, same day. The ZL1 is NOT 2 seconds faster around Big Willow. It's 0.39. Read it!

I'm curious, if the GT350R comptes with the 1LE, then what does the GT500 carbon compete with?

The GT350R was meant to compete with the Z28...which is no longer made. The GT500 is meant to compete with the ZL1. The GT500 carbon is meant to compete with the ZL1 1LE.

Everything you are saying is idiotic and made to make the mustang look inferior.

For fucks sake. Don't be such a nuthugger. Having doubts doesn't mean you hope for failure.
Go back and read his posts. He absolutely is hoping for failure.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, I’m not done with this yet. Just to highlight how much of a fanboy you sound like, let’s compare track times.
Let’s look at how they compare.
SS 1LE vs GT350R
Track: Laguna Seca, 2.238 miles
Mustang: 1:36.11
Camaro: 1:37.66
Difference: 1.55 seconds.
Yes a $45k SS 1LE gives a $70k GT350R a run for its money.

millhouse said:
ZL1 vs GT350R.
Track: Big willow
Mustang:1:28.29
Camaro: 1:27.90
Difference 0.39 Seconds
@ VIR: ZL1 2:50.10 vs R 2:51.80
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014

@ Willow: ZL1 1:26.16 vs R 1:28.29
SS 1LE ran a 1:28.29 as well LOL, $45k car or less (since its UGLE)
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

I dont like using nurburgring lap times, but ZL1 is also faster at the ring.

Also, I do not hope it becomes a failure. I used to rep ford HARD, almost fanboyish like you. Fully supported the previous GT500 (I post here and SVTP, mustang evolution), I'm only a member at camaro5 (havent logged in since '17), im NOT at camaro6.
Im just skeptical, and dont really care if im wrong and the GT500 blows us all away. We all win in the end, especially if the other brands strike back with their own performance car.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Right, just like the 526 HP GT350R give the 650hp ZL1 an even better run for its money.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014
So you are choosing ignore lap times ran by the same driver, on the same day under the same conditions and instead link lap times done on different days (or years) with different drivers under different conditions?

Honestly, if anyone else is taking this tool seriously, they deserve a kick in the nuts.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, just like the 526 HP GT350R give the 650hp ZL1 an even better run for its money.
If you like to pay more for a car with less power and is much slower sure.

millhouse said:
So you are choosing ignore lap times ran by the same driver, on the same day under the same conditions and instead link lap times done on different days (or years) with different drivers under different conditions?
Honestly, if anyone else is taking this tool seriously, they deserve a kick in the nuts.
Same day lap times are ideal, but the regular ZL1 doesnt have too many documented times.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If you like to pay more for a car with less power and is much slower sure.
Except you can't say it's much slower and also say the SS 1LE (even larger gap) gives the GT350R a run for its' money.

I'd love to hear how you think you're on on this one though.

Same day lap times are ideal, but the regular ZL1 doesnt have too many documented times.
Are you that dense? I posted same day, same driver lap times for the GT350R vs SS1LE and GT350R vs ZL1. Go back and read it!

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except you can't say it's much slower and also say the SS 1LE (even larger gap) gives the GT350R a run for its' money.
I'd love to hear how you think you're on on this one though.
Are you that dense? I posted same day, same driver lap times for the GT350R vs SS1LE and GT350R vs ZL1. Go back and read it!
There's more evidence showing the regular ZL1 is faster on the track than the R. Until you can post more R times that show the R is faster, I will go with the fastest laps site. This isnt comparing the track oriented ZL1 1LE either.
https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/eg0l6elagstj

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
There's more evidence showing the regular ZL1 is faster on the track than the R. Until you can post more R times that show the R is faster, I will go with the fastest laps site. This isnt comparing the track oriented ZL1 1LE either.
https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/eg0l6elagstj
The ZL1 IS faster than the R. WTF are you talking about? That was never an argument.

Are you just going to ignore all of my posts that call out the complete BS you have been spewing?

I'm asking it again for the record.

Why did you ignore the same day, same driver track times I posted and instead choose to use different drive, different day times for your comparison?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hellcat territory... the red-eye is only 289lbs heavier ...cant call those cars boats anymore. better off getting a 2020 gt-350 put a set of hellion twins on it and call it a day.. it will smoke all those cars...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! What a dumb ass statement this is.

Seriously, the GT350R competes with the ZL1 1LE? God you’re an idiot. The only reason you comaro folks make this comparison is because the GT500 isn’t out yet.

The ZL1 BARELY beats the R around the track. Both have similar suspensions. The ZL1 obviously has a TON more power.

Seriously, thanks for the laugh.
I'm still waiting for a heavy car to run a fast lap, to me the 4100lb GT500 is a heavy car, or any 4100lb car for that matter. Again, let me know when theres a 4100lb car that at least beats the ZL1 1LE's time.

Also, I do not hope it becomes a failure. I used to rep ford HARD, almost fanboyish like you. Fully supported the previous GT500 (I post here and SVTP, mustang evolution), I'm only a member at camaro5 (havent logged in since '17), im NOT at camaro6.
Im just skeptical, and dont really care if im wrong and the GT500 blows us all away. We all win in the end, especially if the other brands strike back with their own performance car.
so, a heavier car with more HP BARELY EEKS out a head of an R, but the R chassis, only better`, with 200 more HP, a blazingly better transmission, is a loser, because it BARELY EEKS in at few more pounds?

This is how I know we are being trolled.

the weight penalty of the zl1 doesnt matter, because it has 100 more hp than an R, but in the same world, the weight penalty certainly applies to the 500, even though its 100hp more than zl1, and upgraded over R suspension, and has a HUUUGE trans benefit, so it cant lap faster
got it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
One or even a handful of datum != correlation, let alone causation. There are tracks that allow the ZL1's extra HP despite it's weight to beat the 350R and visa versa. I'm sure there will be cases (COTA?) where the GT500 manages to pip the ZL1+1LE, maybe even a C8 because it's HP manages to overcome it's prodigious weight penalty. For purposes of a bunch of non-professional drivers measuring their dicks thru their preferred 4-wheel platform of choice, call it a wash. At least when Baboons bare their fangs in a lazy yawn, as a display of dominance, there's a biologic imperative for the display.

ands.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F03%2FEchuya-Forest-baboon-yawn-photo-by-Marcus-Westberg.jpg
Sponsored