Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just got off the phone with Watson and I placed my order. The run is for one color. The majority seemed to indicate black as the preferred color. So, black is what I told them we would be doing. There is a crinkle black and a gloss black. I figured people would want gloss black. If this is an issue, I was offered the option of custom colors at one off prices. That is something that would have to be discussed with Watson at the time of order.

I will reach out to each of you in a PM and supply a contact so that your order can be placed and we get this ball rolling. As soon as we have 5 orders, the fabrication will begin.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Sorry guys I’m out if it’s not red. I’ll try for the next one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sorry guys I’m out if it’s not red. I’ll try for the next one.
You can get red at an upcharge.

There is no next one. This is a one off production run.

Thanks

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I just saw this. Is this still going on?

This has been on my list for a while now but after seeing 2 roll overs in 1 day it got bumped up to higher priority (I told my wife about what happened at the track lol).

DM me, smoke signal, whatever, let me know! :crackup:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just saw this. Is this still going on?

This has been on my list for a while now but after seeing 2 roll overs in 1 day it got bumped up to higher priority (I told my wife about what happened at the track lol).

DM me, smoke signal, whatever, let me know! :crackup:
No it's not too late. I just ordered another one.

Pm me if interested.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, DM sent.
I would contact Frank tomorrow. You have his number. I just reached out to him Friday and he accepted an order for another cage for another of my cars. It probably isn't too late.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I would contact Frank tomorrow. You have his number. I just reached out to him Friday and he accepted an order for another cage for another of my cars. It probably isn't too late.
Thank you sir!

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Wonder what pricing would be for one in orange fury

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm officially a part of the group buy today.

On the fence about the rear seat delete kit though due to the price. Other kits are about half but aren't flat.

I think for the first run the only option is black. I asked about other colors too when I called in and he stated since this is a short run and not a full production piece that black was the only option.

I'm sure if theres enough demand to make it a full time offering you could get it in any color. OF would look cool.:sunglasses:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I remember early in in the group buy, they said they could do colors, but at an upcharge from a local shop they use nearby. If you are serious, and not a tire kicker (I don't mean any offense), then I'd be happy to put you in touch with Frank. Frank is a very busy guy.

I don't have exact numbers, but it would be comparable to having a shop paint your cage.

jwooly68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I would like in on this. Thanks

Edited to add:

I just got off the phone with Watson Racing. We talked about building a lightweight 4 point roll cage made out of cromolly tubing. In essence, something like the 6pt cage that Watson manufacturers but with the forward/side bar delete. I indicated that the interest would be for 10 units. I have been contacted by a few members expressing interest already and I am in as well.

Edited to add, I was told the cage would weigh on at about 50#. This is a significant weight savings over the standard DOM steel 4pt cage. Pricing is set at $1250 plus shipping.

If you are interested, reply to this thread with your intentions.

So far, the list is as follows:
A total of 10 units so far...….

The more the merrier, we are not limited to 10 units.

@Tomster IN
@Tomster IN
@5.2 liters of democracy IN
@US HWY 666 IN
@battousai (depending on pricing)
@sum1 IN
@madlag (in - waiting on confirmation)
@Onyx IN
@mikeD4V IN
@ecoboost321 IN

Also, it was asked of me what colors would we want. I mentioned for pricing that standard colors would be fine. If anybody wants any kind of special color, please advise. That would be extra depending on the color. I know that there is an upcharge for the race red color when you buy their cages online. I would be getting black and red.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just took the Watson roll cage out of one of my R models in preparation of trading it in for the new GT500 CFTP. That thing weighs a ton. I could put it on the scale, but its probably every bit of 75 pounds.
Edited to add:

I just got off the phone with Watson Racing. We talked about building a lightweight 4 point roll cage made out of cromolly tubing. In essence, something like the 6pt cage that Watson manufacturers but with the forward/side bar delete. I indicated that the interest would be for 10 units. I have been contacted by a few members expressing interest already and I am in as well.

Edited to add, I was told the cage would weigh on at about 50#. This is a significant weight savings over the standard DOM steel 4pt cage. Pricing is set at $1250 plus shipping.

If you are interested, reply to this thread with your intentions.

So far, the list is as follows:
A total of 10 units so far...….

The more the merrier, we are not limited to 10 units.

@Tomster IN
@Tomster IN
@5.2 liters of democracy IN
@US HWY 666 IN
@battousai (depending on pricing)
@sum1 IN
@madlag (in - waiting on confirmation)
@Onyx IN
@mikeD4V IN
@ecoboost321 IN

Also, it was asked of me what colors would we want. I mentioned for pricing that standard colors would be fine. If anybody wants any kind of special color, please advise. That would be extra depending on the color. I know that there is an upcharge for the race red color when you buy their cages online. I would be getting black and red.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just took the Watson roll cage out of one of my R models in preparation of trading it in for the new GT500 CFTP. That thing weighs a ton. I could put it on the scale, but its probably every bit of 75 pounds.
Sponsored