My neglected 5.0

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
My Mustang is severely neglected. I drive a company vehicle to and from work, When ever we go out together we take my wifes Camry because it's more comfortable and she likes it better. I have a classic car that has to occupy the garage as mandated by my classic car insurance company. the end result is a Mustang that is covered in spider webs and dust as well as Goose crap during fall and winter. on the bright side it has less than 4000 miles put on it in the 2 years I've had it. anybody else have a car that suffers this fate?
20190818_125128.jpg
20190818_155551.jpg
Sponsored

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
poor Mustang, :(

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
why is that? I do enjoy driving it and I can afford it.
I thought you said you have another car for work and when you go out for pleasure, you take the wife's car. You did not mention that you drove it at least recently.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I thought you said you have another car for work and when you go out for pleasure, you take the wife's car. You did not mention that you drove it at least recently.
I put about 150 miles a month on it.. didnt get to drive it this month because ive been working lots of extra hours.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I didnt buy it to be a daily driver. I bought it as a toy with the full intention of supercharging it. I traded in a 2016 Scat Pack challenger that I owned for 2 years and had 3000 miles on it.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
enuff said....

jeffreys_automotive_aaa_approved_mechanic_fort_worth_keller_neglect.png

MustangPonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I will say this, I had a 2016 F-150 that I probably only washed once a year if that. It was always filthy. There were layers of dirt on top of dirt on the thing, but I didn't care. I just traded it in a few months ago, and washed it before hand. The dealership said it was the nicest paint condition they have every seen and had barely so much as a micro-scratch on it.

My 2014 mustang after 2 years was covered in everything from micro scratches to full ones and was an upkeep nightmare because I washed the thing basically every week, and even the 2-bucket and brand new MF towels method wont stop all scratches from happening. The more you wash it, the more at risk it is of getting scratched up, and it doesn't look like you wash it much.

Is your car dirty, yep. Is it tough to see it not used, yep. Does it probably look amazing under that dust, yep.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
My Mustang is severely neglected. I drive a company vehicle to and from work, When ever we go out together we take my wifes Camry because it's more comfortable and she likes it better. I have a classic car that has to occupy the garage as mandated by my classic car insurance company. the end result is a Mustang that is covered in spider webs and dust as well as Goose crap during fall and winter. on the bright side it has less than 4000 miles put on it in the 2 years I've had it. anybody else have a car that suffers this fate?
20190818_125128.jpg
20190818_155551.jpg
Holy crap! If you can afford to pay for a car to just sit in the driveway, you can afford a car cover.

https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/11060/s/kit/category/3098/

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku-ymm/2018-ford-mustang/FR3Z-19A412-A.html

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
20190818_125128.jpg
20190818_155551.jpg
Man at least put a car cover on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also my wife can't wait for an excuse to take out the Mustang!

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
If I had a car suffer this fate it'd be a work truck or cheap commuter car. If I could afford a car at this price point to just sit in a driveway it'd be under a car cover or car port. This makes me sad.
Sponsored