Best looks yet at 2020 GT500 engine and underhood

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ford had at least one more generation of the Focus and Fusion left in the US. I don't think overcrowding their SUV and truck lineup is going to net much gain in the long run. While I'm not privy to all the information Hackett has when making these decisions some of them seem short-sighted.
The Ford Explorer makes 18-20k in pure profit for ford

Basically they got rid of cars because they wanted to increase profits not just make due with them
When they told me the fusion was breaking even people booed them

It’s greed plain and simple
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Not really digging Hackett. At all. Zero vision and zero solutions. Firing people as means to save money is basically just admitting you are unable to manage things. Or that you have no real vision with which to keep your employees busy in pursuing.

After Alan, the CEOs just suck. Fields had a good idea with aluminum, but that’s all he had.

Hackett is ridiculous. Just fire people and stop making cars. That’s literally his plan. Oh. And also confuse the market by putting historic Mustang trims on other vehicles. That. Aren’t. Even. Cars.

Just fire the guy now and save the company years of healing.

—-

The thing good CEOs seem to posses in common is the ability to understand their market and how their products fit. Then review the lineup and make sure everything has a legit reason to exist. Then make those products focused on excelling at that reason.

Jobs, dell, mulally, bezos, etc. have had that kind of ability.

Hackett just missed the whole point with “hey. SUVs are popular right now, so we are radically changing Ford into an SUV-only company. Plus a car or two. Oh. And to save money, you’re fired and won’t be building them.”
I remember at an investment meeting where they told us

They wanted to be the apple of automakers lmfao

Okay bro

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
All Hackett did at his old job was fired people and try to save money

He’s a scrub

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Cobra on the rain tray. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Sponsored

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
2020 GT500 Hood Vent Rain Tray.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Attached is a .PNG version of a vector drawing of the Cobra. PM me if you want the vector file (.ai) as the forum won't allow that extension as an upload. So, if there are any other vinyl cutters out there who want to PUT a snake on their rain tray, this file will do the trick and I plan to cut one myself.
shelby-cobra-snake.png

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Better under hood photo.

2020 GT500 Shelby Mustang Engine Underhood Compartment.jpg
Is the battery to the extreme left in the engine bay??? I live in very cold weather Omaha and will need to put my Battery Tender Plus on the battery in the winter. Hopefully it won't be really difficult to get to???

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to Snoopy reminding me of a technique to get around the limited number of file extensions the forum software will support, the issue is solved. (T'anks, bro.)

So, I have attached the vector image BUT, I gave it a .PDF extension. In order to open and use the file, change the extension to .ai and you should be able to open/import it into any vector drawing program

Attachments

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Chuck: I've zoomed way in to the few images I have of the engine compartment and I'll be darned if I can tell where the battery resides. Surely they didn't put it in the trunk?

Edit: I think I may have found something. Behind the right tower is a large piece of plastic with a battery symbol on it so me thinks that cover lifts up.

battery-symbol.jpg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Is the battery to the extreme left in the engine bay??? I live in very cold weather Omaha and will need to put my Battery Tender Plus on the battery in the winter. Hopefully it won't be really difficult to get to???
Edit: It looks like Kilobravo updated his post while I was composing mine.

004-2020_Shelby_GT500_Engine-2.jpg

Last edited:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Chuck: I've zoomed way in to the few images I have of the engine compartment and I'll be darned if I can tell where the battery resides. Surely they didn't put it in the trunk?

Edit: I think I may have found something. Behind the right tower is a large piece of plastic with a battery symbol on it so me thinks that cover lifts up.

battery-symbol.jpg
Me thinks those little black plastic pieces come off and you lift the cover up. I just hope they aren't a pain in the ass to get off or break or ???? I like things that are easy to work with at my age. LOL

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Me thinks those little black plastic pieces come off and you lift the cover up. I just hope they aren't a pain in the ass to get off or break or ???? I like things that are easy to work with at my age. LOL
Chuck,
Do you keep the car in a garage, if so, I use the power port inside the car to keep my battery charged and it looks like the 2020 has 2 power ports.
Sponsored