Edelbrock tune question

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
for everyone with the edelbrock stage 2 tune did you guys have any issue with the randomly you start car and it starts for a sec then dies and then start again and starts right up only happened a few times but was wondering if the car is learning and that’s why it does it

Thanks for and input
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It happens to me occasionally. I am stage 1.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I don't know what the cause is. It does not occur that often and I plan on going custom tune soon so I haven't bothered trying to ask Edelbrock. It happened more frequently in the winter.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
I emailed edelbrock about it hope they give me some answers. Is your car a performance pack?

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
do you have the DW400 pump? if so, did you check to see if it's the one with or w/o the check valve?

If it's the one w/o the check valve then it's prob normal, the pump needs to refill the lines, so you fire up on just DI pressure that's left in the DI system, but the pump doesn't refill the lines fast enough to stay on when it transitions to PI fueling. So it shits off, on second attempt the pump refills the lines again, so that plus the fuel it already filled the first time is enough to stay running. This is a common thing with the Whipple kit that also uses the DW400 pump.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Not a PP. Factory fuel pump.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
for everyone with the edelbrock stage 2 tune did you guys have any issue with the randomly you start car and it starts for a sec then dies and then start again and starts right up only happened a few times but was wondering if the car is learning and that’s why it does it

Thanks for and input
Mine has really rough start ups when it's cold, it definitely doesn't die but it seems normal from what I've heard. It also struggles when it's idling in traffic with the ac on once intake temps reach above 130F. I'm on the 91 octane tune, I'm thinking it's because of the timing at that temperature.

I wish they offered a 101 octane tune.
Sponsored