Sponsored

Dealership won’t service a Shelby That was not purchased at their dealership

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Call Ford Customer service and advise them of what the service manager told you. They will straighten that dealership out.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
That dealership is full of s**t. Just trying to get you to buy from them. I'd run for the door and then call Ford regional office and tell them what you were told. I guarantee you they will tell you your warranty is good at any Ford dealership any where. But these cars as all of you know are a special car that needs a service department that knows how to work on them (unless your stranded on an emergency). So regardless of where you buy one you want to know the service dept. knows what they're doing or take it else where when need service. They all get paid the same amount for warranty work. Just cause a dealership sells them doesn't mean back in service they have any clue about the required maintenance of these cars. Example: I'd bought two from a small dealership (a 16, traded and then a 17) First time I got oil changes and went in to talk about it both the parts guy and service writer were shocked it took 10 quarts of oil. Only the service manager (service writer had no clue) himself knew about these cars and he was kind enough to do my oil change himself cause he wanted it right. These cars come in, go to service, get prepped such as putting floor mats in from trunk etc. and go straight to the showroom floor. Some service departments just assume its a upgraded regular Mustang. Finally my service manager was the only person in all departments that knew the GT 350 had a different motor then the regular V8 Mustang.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Each Ford Dealer is individually franchised owned - the Owner can do whatever he/she wishes with regards to their Service ethics. Sure they are a Ford Dealer and SHOULD Service any/all Ford products, but again if their Dealership is being run a such, just go elsewhere because that goes to show what type of service you REALLY would receive if you bought from him and had a warranty issue.

The guy is being a jerk because you’re not buying the car from HIM...plain and simple.

Go online and look up KOONS in MD; you’re going to get a better deal than any place in NJ if you work with them. They are probably the largest by sales volume on the East Coast and have a huge selection of Mustangs. Members on here have flown in to Koons and drove home in their new S550’s...
Yes, franchise for sure, but with terms and conditions from corporate to allow said franchise to operate in a manner that supports the corporate entity from harm. If said franchises are allowed to operate outside the stated terms of agreements, and the corporate entity is harmed, tangible or indirectly, via social media or reported in any other way, such accusations can cause harm to the corporate entity. Then corporate can apply pressure, reduce franchise benefits, first lot orders, and allocations come to mind.

Outside of the unethical behavior, numerous negative reports about one dealer can cause a positive change, if corporate applies enough pressure as stated above. It’s egregious to even think a dealer would say something like that. What if you move? What if your in the military, like I was and moved from state to state and country to country. Does not make sense. What if the car is sold out of state? I can list a dozen conditions where I as a customer would rely on Fords service network outside the place I purchased said vehicles from. That being said, my dealer does offer me loaner cars, and other perks that make me want to return even though I am now 35 miles further away.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
First time I’m hearing this.
Went in to negotiate on a 350R they had at my local dealer. They won’t do MSRP, said they’ll come down to 3K over MSRP.

I told them with a little leg work I could find one for MSRP somewhere else in the country and have it shipped to my house.

But I want to build a relationship with them because they are my local dealer.

Sales manager said to me that they won’t service a Shelby at their dealership unless it was bought there.

I asked him if this was the case for all Ford dealerships and he said yes.

Is this guy trying to pull a fast one on me or is this the policy for all Ford dealers?
That sales manager is full of it. While they may take a position like that he cannot speak for every Ford dealer in the world. I bought my car in Illinois and have had into my local dealer in Daly City, CA. The service manager there could not have been more friendly and helpful

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
As unethical and shady as this practice is, as an independently owned facility, they have the right to do exactly as the service manager stated. It's not common but there are still dealerships out there who won't work on vehicles not purchased from them.

As a customer, you have the right to take your money elsewhere. For me it would be an easy choice. Instead of fighting it just go elsewhere. Do you really want to have your car in their hands after you just made their life harder getting Ford Corporate involved? This is just a more expensive equivalent to sending your food back to the kitchen.

JSong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JWS
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a 2019 GT 350 for under MSRP here in NC. CrossRoads. They were so helpful and made my lease car disappear.

They even delivered to my home the car cover, which I had no idea it came with (week later).

Mine came with every option, electronic, leather with cooling seats, etc.

I just moved down from NJ. I lived in Ridge-wood area and I know all of these dealers. Would never buy them from these dealers. I know all too well how greedy they are with ADM's.

Anyway, try out other dealerships. I actually like to give my business to smaller dealers. Give them a chance to get bigger.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
That dealership doesn’t stand a chance st getting my business. Only way is if they come down to MSRP or lower. Which I’m pretty sure they won’t.

I had another car lined up out of state but it seems like that deal is falling through.

What a pain in the ass it is to get one of these things at MSRP !!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
i think i've got at least seven 2019 Rs at sticker or better. but not with kona stripes (as you mentioned in a post somewhere, IIRC).
I can do without the stripes and without the carbon fiber dash (I can add both of those myself later on).

As long as the car is white and it’s an R I’m interested.

Email is [email protected]

If you fellers come across a white one at MSRP or better.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I can do without the stripes and without the carbon fiber dash (I can add both of those myself later on).

As long as the car is white and it’s an R I’m interested.

Email is [email protected]

If you fellers come across a white one at MSRP or better.
i'm not currently aware of any white R's discounted or at sticker. however, i do have one i found that i know the GM will sell at $30k under asking price... :fingerscrossed:

https://www.baileyautoplaza.com/Veh...g-Shelby_GT350R_Fastback-Graham-TX/3387113943

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)

JSong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JWS
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! I wonder why that dealership is stuck with that 2018 !

130K ?!? I’d rather burn the money
2019 has some improvements. Why would anyone pay more than MSRP for this? What is the MSRP?
Sponsored