Sponsored

Tint RTR Led grille light

Jamyeeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have 2017 gt and I would like to get the led RTR grille. I seen several pics of the 2018 Led RTR grille and noticed the led lights look tinted/smoked out. I prefer that look over the white Led bezel. Has anyone tinted the led lights?
Screenshot_20190801-104552_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190801-104440_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
There is a version of the RTR Grille that doesnt include the Lights, as they have a Bezel instead so that may be the ones that look Smoked to you. Another option, if you really want to smoke something out, may be best to go to a local vinyl/tint shop and have them tint it for you

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
There is a version of the RTR Grille that doesnt include the Lights, as they have a Bezel instead so that may be the ones that look Smoked to you. Another option, if you really want to smoke something out, may be best to go to a local vinyl/tint shop and have them tint it for you
The 2018+ RTR lights are smoked.

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
get some VHT night shades tint spray and tint them... be way easier than trying to fold and mold actual vinyl tint id think

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I understand the point\ask. But you realize when doing this, you're literally killing the light out which barely exists from these optics of LED strips anyway.

Sponsored

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I understand the point\ask. But you realize when doing this, you're literally killing the light out which barely exists from these optics of LED strips anyway.
The lights are pretty bright when they are on, I am wondering if OP is trying to do Vaughn Gitten Jr's RTR-Spec5D look? Th drift cars have green accent lighting, I think there are a few developers working on making a RGB-flow series RTR light accent. It will definitely be expensive though as demand will be high as hell lol.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
The lights are pretty bright when they are on, I am wondering if OP is trying to do Vaughn Gitten Jr's RTR-Spec5D look? Th drift cars have green accent lighting, I think there are a few developers working on making a RGB-flow series RTR light accent. It will definitely be expensive though as demand will be high as hell lol.
Gotcha, all about the right lighting to be honest. Here, they don't even look like an emitting light source, just a green paint accent. Truth is, without proper optics(lenses, reflector bowls, celis rods, etc) LEDs as a front facing diode arent very emitting in our applications.

lxzgdmcrj6dlei6mxgz8.jpg

I actually had the idea of making a few custom one off RGB-Flow series RTR grilles and selling them. I took a couple of the WinJet Renegade grilles which have the white only halos and made them all color changeable but they wernt as big of a hit as i thought they would be. I still have one for sale in the marketplace but no one cares for it, I thought for sure they would be in demand.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
so ....... This is interesting. I ordered the non lighted version for my 2019 GT from american muscle... The inlets came separately, the grille is, who the heck knows where. Has not been delivered yet, I guess lost. anyways, so about the non lighted version, the inlets that come with the kit have to be the exact ones that come with the lighted version but without the lights. They are a smoked clear plastic. Basically a light coat of paint over them. So you could light them easily yourself

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
anyone know where i can get those Canards?! there is only 1 other company that makes them (forget who for now) and they are Pricey because they of course have to be carbon fiber... hoping the RTRs are cheaper and available soon? a google search reveals nothing so far...

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
so ....... This is interesting. I ordered the non lighted version for my 2019 GT from american muscle... The inlets came separately, the grille is, who the heck knows where. Has not been delivered yet, I guess lost. anyways, so about the non lighted version, the inlets that come with the kit have to be the exact ones that come with the lighted version but without the lights. They are a smoked clear plastic. Basically a light coat of paint over them. So you could light them easily yourself
Which one is the one you said is just the inlets that look like smoked leds? Im trying to get this but hate how bright and white they, looking for this grille exactly but this company does not ship to the US 😭😭

Screenshot_20210617-015851_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored