nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Congrats on the new car. White is the best color. I had the Hankook's on my 2011 G37X. They were pretty good in the dry and wet, not so much in light snow. That said although they were top rated at the time but they no longer are. I know nothing about Atlas, so not comment there. If cost is not an issue I would look at Michelin's (my choice) or Conti's. At a lower price point General and Firestone have some tires that are highly recommended on this forum.
I took Michelin run flats off my Corvette and replaced them with the Hancook Ventus V12 and the ride was like night and day, also much quitter, that's why I would tend to go back to them again. Have heard very good thinks about the Conti's as well. Will research the General and Firestones as well, thanks for the suggestions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You could also check your tire pressures and make sure they are not over inflated, lowering the pressure may help soak up the bumps a bit. Also you will get used to the firmer ride pretty quickly, I thought the same at first but I got used to it.
Checked pressures as soon as I got the car home from the dealership.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Yeah they're cool cars. After 18k miles on mine I still feel like a kid when I drive her and she gets lots of compliments. Best car I've owned :)

FWIW, I'm debating on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ but I'll have to check out the Hankook Ventus V12

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Checked pressures as soon as I got the car home from the dealership.
Did not realize you had run flats so I would agree with your assessment. But I'm talking about the Pilot Sport A/S3+ which are the best UHP A/S tire on the market. I had them on my 15EB when I up North and they were awesome. As close to a pure summer tire as you can get. Pricy yes, but we are talking about the single most important part of your car.

Yeah they're cool cars. After 18k miles on mine I still feel like a kid when I drive her and she gets lots of compliments. Best car I've owned :)
FWIW, I'm debating on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ but I'll have to check out the Hankook Ventus V12
I bought the Ventus back when they were a very highly rated UHP A/S tire. It seems time may have passed them by. There are not bad, but there are a lot better now. Check out the reviews from Tire rack.

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 6.28.53 PM.png

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did not realize you had run flats so I would agree with your assessment. But I'm talking about the Pilot Sport A/S3+ which are the best UHP A/S tire on the market. I had them on my 15EB when I up North and they were awesome. As close to a pure summer tire as you can get. Pricy yes, but we are talking about the single most important part of your car.

I bought the Ventus back when they were a very highly rated UHP A/S tire. It seems time may have passed them by. There are not bad, but there are a lot better now. Check out the reviews from Tire rack.

You are definitely right abought one thing, they sure are pricey !!! LOL

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You are definitely right abought one thing, they sure are pricey !!! LOL
On my 15EB with 235/50-18's I paid under $800.00 for a set from Costco. Rebates given up front, no mail-in's. Balanced, Nitrogen and a great warranty. Might want to check them out. Of course, you do have to be a member.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2

I'd jump at those prices... if they were only for 305/30/19's. Most of those tires are not even available in that size.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

The V12 is a UHP summer. That list above are UHP All seasons. Different category.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The V12 is a UHP summer. That list above are UHP All seasons. Different category.
Good catch, thanks. The V12’s are higher rated than the A/S models but in this category you have the PS4S & PSS as well as the Extreme Contact Sport. The Hankook’s are good but there are so many that are better.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch, thanks. The V12’s are higher rated than the A/S models but in this category you have the PS4S & PSS as well as the Extreme Contact Sport. The Hankook’s are good but there are so many that are better.
And another technicality there: the others you mentioned are in the Max Performance summer category, not UHP. Either way, yes there are better options out there. The Firehawk Indy 500 is standout in the value summer conversation. 95% of a Pilot SS but at 30-40% less. Some others: Falken FK510, BFG Comp 2, General G-MAX RS.

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice car! Did you consider any manual C7 Corvettes before going with the Mustang?
I didn't want to go into it in great detail here but the Corvette thing had kinda run it's course.

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the info on tires but after having some history with the Hankooks, using them on my last 3 vehicles, I think that's the direction I will go in.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the info on tires but after having some history with the Hankooks, using them on my last 3 vehicles, I think that's the direction I will go in.
You welcome. We just wanted you to see all of your options. The Hankook’s will be great. Post up you views when you get them installed.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I didn't want to go into it in great detail here but the Corvette thing had kinda run it's course.

I love my 17 GT, but for a little while I was thinking of getting rid of it for a C7. That’s why I asked.
Sponsored