Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am at 59,407 miles and my A/C is still running great. It's 100 degrees on the coastal bend of Texas and I am considering an extended warranty for the A/C and the rest of my 16 GT. These failures have me worried even though I don't have a GT 350.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
can someone confirm that the a/c is covered by the 3 yr/36k bumper to bumper but is NOT covered by the 5 yr/60k powertrain?
Sadly- I can confirm this.... i am at 3.5 yrs and the evaporator went. Thankfully i have extended warranty - total bill for replacement is $2.5k (roughly $1k parts, 11 hours labor since they have to pull the dash).

Just got the car back Friday - air is ice cold, and they did a great job - no rattles so far!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly- I can confirm this.... i am at 3.5 yrs and the evaporator went. Thankfully i have extended warranty - total bill for replacement is $2.5k (roughly $1k parts, 11 hours labor since they have to pull the dash).

Just got the car back Friday - air is ice cold, and they did a great job - no rattles so far!
thanks man, exactly what i wanted to know. if the 5 yr pwrtrain covered ac, i might not get the esp. but i'll get it based on this info. glad you had esp!

btw, did you have the base, extended, or premium esp? curious if you had only the base and it covered everything?

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
btw, did you have the base, extended, or premium esp? curious if you had only the base and it covered everything?
Actually - I have an external warranty through the CU that I had the loan with - 8 yr/75k mi.... If i remember correctly - back in Feb 2016 when I got it Ford may not have worked out the extended warranty packages for the 350.

Edit: I see you are listing the differences between the packages on that thread..:like:.....................There's another thread where they talk about the various extended warranty packages from Ford - looks like the base covers the evap coil, but the mid package adds quite a bit. -
Sponsored