Sponsored

2020 GT500 confirmed orders

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Gm has needed to fire the design team along time ago, nobody is buying the new camaro, the silverado also looks like crap.

I'm curious about the gt500, and want to build one like I can build a c8. you sound like you're making excuses for ford. Pathetic. Really, if people dont complain we wont get change. I absolutely do not want to talk to a salesman, they dont know jack shit. Some of us dont want to deal with bs. A configurator online will help get ideas, I've seen what the c8 can look like since you can configure it to your desire. The gt500? Oh specs on a peice of paper. Lol, I mean really? 75k car (plus adm) and you cant configure it?
There are hundreds if not thousands of people who read and view this forum and how many do you see complaining about configuring a GT500 on line?

Sure is funny that you don't want to talk to salesman therefore just wondering how you would go forward with respect to ordering a 2020 GT500 without going through a dealership sales person?

It's very obvious that you have no intention of placing an order for a GT500 and if you did you would be communicating with a Ford dealership asking them for pricing which is no different than everyone else on this forum would do unless you have unlimited funds which I doubt is the case.

BTW, what has the new Camaro and Silverado got to do with 2020 GT500 confirmed order?

Lastly, the only thing pathetic about all this is your immature attitude and continual use of four letter words.

:wink:
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
For those who are following build dates, counts, etc., and asked about my order. Here is the tracking history and the last seven digits of the VIN:

my-confirmed-order.png

If the full VIN is needed or desired by anyone for reasons unknown to me, feel free to PM.

Obviously, I'm happier than the proverbial pig and excited beyond belief. But, I am curious about the last three of the VIN. Could that number (711) represent the total number of 2020 GT500's built so far? It sure seems like a very large number to me but I don't have a clue about how all that works.

Also, I'm wondering if orders going to scheduled builds have their destination in the equation. That is, wouldn't it make sense to offload finished vehicles in an order that had some geographic efficiency significance? Just curious.

Finally, I'm curious what others have experienced in the past in terms of wait time after build. I've read that it can vary dramatically with one of the factors being the number of cars that can be loaded to a given location. I personally have no experience as I didn't follow (or know I COULD follow) my 2014 after ordering and I was beyond surprised when the sales mgr called to say it had arrived and it was MUCH sooner than I expected as in a couple months at least.

So, any info that can possibly make me even happier would be appreciated. :-)

The BEST of luck to those of you in the "unknown" like I was until this afternoon. Hope y'all get dates Real Soon Now.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
For those who are following build dates, counts, etc., and asked about my order. Here is the tracking history and the last seven digits of the VIN:

my-confirmed-order.png

If the full VIN is needed or desired by anyone for reasons unknown to me, feel free to PM.

Obviously, I'm happier than the proverbial pig and excited beyond belief. But, I am curious about the last three of the VIN. Could that number (711) represent the total number of 2020 GT500's built so far? It sure seems like a very large number to me but I don't have a clue about how all that works.

Also, I'm wondering if orders going to scheduled builds have their destination in the equation. That is, wouldn't it make sense to offload finished vehicles in an order that had some geographic efficiency significance? Just curious.

Finally, I'm curious what others have experienced in the past in terms of wait time after build. I've read that it can vary dramatically with one of the factors being the number of cars that can be loaded to a given location. I personally have no experience as I didn't follow (or know I COULD follow) my 2014 after ordering and I was beyond surprised when the sales mgr called to say it had arrived and it was MUCH sooner than I expected as in a couple months at least.

So, any info that can possibly make me even happier would be appreciated. :-)

The BEST of luck to those of you in the "unknown" like I was until this afternoon. Hope y'all get dates Real Soon Now.
The FRAP has not built any 2020 GT500's so far and we are still over a month away before the initial launch of the first GT500's to be assembled.

As far as the last 3 numbers of your VIN namely "711" that number simply indicates how many VIN's have been assigned to the various Mustang models which includes the 2020MY Eco Boost, Bullitt (not sure if they are continuing this year), the Mustang GT, GT350/GT350R's and of course the upcoming GT500 2 seat and 4 seat cars.

Congrats on your upcoming 2020 GT500!!

:sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Gm has needed to fire the design team along time ago, nobody is buying the new camaro, the silverado also looks like crap.

I'm curious about the gt500, and want to build one like I can build a c8. you sound like you're making excuses for ford. Pathetic. Really, if people dont complain we wont get change. I absolutely do not want to talk to a salesman, they dont know jack shit. Some of us dont want to deal with bs. A configurator online will help get ideas, I've seen what the c8 can look like since you can configure it to your desire. The gt500? Oh specs on a peice of paper. Lol, I mean really? 75k car (plus adm) and you cant configure it?
I didn't have any questions after reviewing the links here on this site such as the order guide thread, color palate thread, and the e-sourcebook thread. Nevermind everything else that has been disected and analysed over and over again.

Is it indecision or just that you want to build a car online that you will never purchase?

More of the same stuff around here. If it isn't this, it's that. What's next?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500

PP: Many thanks for both the info and congrats. Now knowing the last three represent ALL Mustangs, it makes a whole lot more sense. I did misspeak though, I didn't mean built yet, I meant VIN's issued yet, if that makes even a molecule of sense. :-)

Sponsored

mzangari1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
The FRAP has not built any 2020 GT500's so far and we are still over a month away before the initial launch of the first GT500's to be assembled.

As far as the last 3 numbers of your VIN namely "711" that number simply indicates how many VIN's have been assigned to the various Mustang models which includes the 2020MY Eco Boost, Bullitt (not sure if they are continuing this year), the Mustang GT, GT350/GT350R's and of course the upcoming GT500 2 seat and 4 seat cars.

Thanks PP0001

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
There are hundreds if not thousands of people who read and view this forum and how many do you see complaining about configuring a GT500 on line?

Sure is funny that you don't want to talk to salesman therefore just wondering how you would go forward with respect to ordering a 2020 GT500 without going through a dealership sales person?

It's very obvious that you have no intention of placing an order for a GT500 and if you did you would be communicating with a Ford dealership asking them for pricing which is no different than everyone else on this forum would do unless you have unlimited funds which I doubt is the case.

BTW, what has the new Camaro and Silverado got to do with 2020 GT500 confirmed order?

Lastly, the only thing pathetic about all this is your immature attitude and continual use of four letter words.

:wink:
I dont know I dont keep track, it is disappointing how the most expensive mustang doesn't have a configurator and a base v8 corvette does.

Yes I dont want to go to a dealership and deal with adm. Lol

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

The only thing an online configurator for a 2020 GT500 is going to get you is the ability to play with all the exterior colors and stripe combinations. You will also be able to play with seats and instrument panels.
Compared to the C8 options, the GT500 has very little options available.

2020 GT500 available options:

Hard to get and very expensive
Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Painted “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripes

Regular Options
Technology Package
Handling Package
RECARO® Leather-trimmed Seats
Painted Black Roof
Vinyl “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripe
Vinyl Side Stripes
Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel

Special Colors - Extra Cost
Twister Orange Tri-Coat
Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

Car Covers - 4 Different Colors (Black, Red, Blue & Grey)
Custom Satin Stretch™ Indoor Car Cover with Shelby GT500 Logo

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Ordered on 24 July (Base, TO, Handling Pkg, cover & Recaros).
Called Ford Performance today for the first time to check status, and they told me:
1. It is scheduled for build the week of 23 Sep!
2. Said the dealer should have a VIN shortly.

I was shocked & happy!

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Got a similar message today myself Chairman. Surprised and happy as well and I have a VIN.

Now I am out mapping arterials in my neighborhood which will support low clearance. I am in the land of speed humps, speed bumps, traffic cushions and traffic circles.

Congratulations!

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Here is my dumb question of the week. How does the VIN translate to the serial # on the dash?
From how I understand it the VIN is sequential with all Mustangs.
So an early build just means a lower SN but theres no way to tell from the VIN how many GT500s have received build dates and VINs.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
No VIN yet for me.... My car will be done, just in time for winter.. In Ohio.. BOO!

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
No VIN yet for me.... My car will be done, just in time for winter.. In Ohio.. BOO!
It looks like ill be in the same sad PA boat as well. Im not sure if ite better to get it in the winter but not be able to drive it OR not get one till the spring of 2020.

Thoughts?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here is my dumb question of the week. How does the VIN translate to the serial # on the dash?
From how I understand it the VIN is sequential with all Mustangs.
So an early build just means a lower SN but theres no way to tell from the VIN how many GT500s have received build dates and VINs.
It doesn't. The '15 GT350s had a chassis/VIN commonality, but ever since it has not. The chassis number is the sequence that it rolls off the line.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
It looks like ill be in the same sad PA boat as well. Im not sure if ite better to get it in the winter but not be able to drive it OR not get one till the spring of 2020.

Thoughts?
In reality it would probably be best to get it in the spring. My dealer was saying Thanksgiving, which got me excited. Then I think about the crappy weather we have in Ohio and the only thing I could do with it is look at it in the garage.
Sponsored