Sponsored

Is there a way to search dealer inventory nationwide...

BDStang2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Kona Blue manual
without going through the ford web site and altering my zip code? I've been considering placing a special order but I have also been thinking of just searching for the Mustang with the options I want throughout the country. Ford.com does not make that easy because they limit searches to 100 miles from a specified zip code. Is there a site or a way to search quickly across a wide geographic area based on the car and options wanted?
Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
when i was looking i went on autotrader and there was a lot of mustangs that you can search nationwide pretty easy, then when i found a big dealership i took that zip code and plugged it into fords site. at the dealership they are able to see what cars are still at the factory though. they found the exact one that i ended up having get built ( a fairly rare color+ $ options). but you would have to pay the delivery fee without being able to see it ahead of time?

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Probably enough people on here willing to search for you.. if you post what you're looking for

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Probably enough people on here willing to search for you.. if you post what you're looking for
When I get closer to buying that is what I'm going to attempt to do, get some crowdsourcing to find it at a dealer.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
You can use the Ford website inventory search tool...it maxes out to 100 miles from your zip. However, if you look in the URL of the website - find '100' and change it to '500'. It works. I just did it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BDStang2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Kona Blue manual
Clever ideas - thanks. I ended up special ordering a 2020 with the exact options I want. Now I'm just waiting. Thanks again for all of the replies.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
You can use the Ford website inventory search tool...it maxes out to 100 miles from your zip. However, if you look in the URL of the website - find '100' and change it to '500'. It works. I just did it.
500 seems to be the max before it starts to bug out. but I'll confirm it worked. while I still couldn't find what I wanted, it may be possible to search the country with only 20-30 zip codes instead of hundreds.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
500 seems to be the max before it starts to bug out. but I'll confirm it worked. while I still couldn't find what I wanted, it may be possible to search the country with only 20-30 zip codes instead of hundreds.
It definitely helps. I've been looking to. If you want - tell me what exactly you're looking for - I might have run across it already.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
It definitely helps. I've been looking to. If you want - tell me what exactly you're looking for - I might have run across it already.
Must be: GT premium, trim 401A, PP1, red ext, red int, magnaride, manual. (PP2 acceptable as well)
would prefer to have:safe and smart, security, B&O

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
LOL. each one of those cars is off exactly 1 option, different things for each car too. I was originally looking for a magnetic with red interior, but I have a red/red 71 mach 1, which I would like to replicate. So that is why I'm looking for those colors. But the price on the magnetic is.....really good.\

At that price, with TTL, destination, I have enough saved up to get the car and keep payment below what I want, instead of needing to save up another 6-7k..... It'd be a drive, but I have a 250 and can get a trailer to haul her back.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. each one of those cars is off exactly 1 option, different things for each car too. I was originally looking for a magnetic with red interior, but I have a red/red 71 mach 1, which I would like to replicate. So that is why I'm looking for those colors. But the price on the magnetic is.....really good.\

At that price, with TTL, destination, I have enough saved up to get the car and keep payment below what I want, instead of needing to save up another 6-7k..... It'd be a drive, but I have a 250 and can get a trailer to haul her back.
Deals are out there. I'm debating pulling the trigger on a '19 Base GT.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
unfortunately I've had to go another route. That route being that the wife isn't working, and won't be for a while yet. So I have to keep applying more duct tape to my 250, get my bike running again to have a spare set of wheels, then start working on my Bronco and get it road worthy. My downpayment I had saved up is going up in smoke (parts) now. Maybe in a few months I can start saving again for a car, or else I'll have to start on the 71 mach project again.
Sponsored